** Ares (Dark Avengers) **

Options

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    TBDave wrote:
    Does anyone have Lvl 85 Ares and CStorm? Which of them tanks for Yellow and Green?

At Lvl 85, they both do 39 Yellow and 50 Green. So I'm wondering if I should keep CStorm at Lvl 84.

If two characters have the same match damage, the one you put in the center of your lineup will always tank. The order of priority for who takes the match is center, left, right.
  • Art Flash
    Art Flash Posts: 47
    Options
    Hey,

I don't know if this has been asked already. But has Ares actually had any dialogue in this game yet? I was thinking about it, and while there are maybe a couple of three star or higher covers that haven't spoken anything in the game, I think he's the only two or one star to have said nothing, at least from my recollection.

Just an odd little thought amongst everything else going on. If that's the case maybe he took one too many sunder attacks to the head. But even Juggernaut has something to say, and he's always knocking himself out with headbutts, so who knows? XD
  • Unknown
    Options
    I haven't seen any dialogue from him. I don't think he even shows up in a cutscene.
  • Unknown
    Options
    he is the newest 2* i think in the devs defense
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Options
    Huh, never noticed that!
    I stumbled on that when reading up on Daken. I now love that idiots quote.

Daken and Ares, sitting in a tree-e-e
    Warning: gratuitous fanservice
  • Unknown
    Options
    I'm pretty sure he's got his part during his introduction event.

And in one of the Heroics after that.
  • Unknown
    Options
    There's an awesome panel in one of the Dark Reign books (maybe the second first or second issue) where Osborn is hanging out in Avengers Tower with a bunch of his neophyte Dark Avengers, taking stock of his team. They have replacements for everyone but Captain America and Iron Man, and Ares (who is standing there, looking thuggish and eating a bowl of cereal) points out how important those two are as members of the team. His quote is something like: "The knight. The soldier. These two are symbols; they mean something to people."

This is followed by an excellent reaction shot of Osborn staring incredulously at Ares. It's a good dialog piece.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Moon 17 wrote:
    There's an awesome panel in one of the Dark Reign books (maybe the second first or second issue) where Osborn is hanging out in Avengers Tower with a bunch of his neophyte Dark Avengers, taking stock of his team. They have replacements for everyone but Captain America and Iron Man, and Ares (who is standing there, looking thuggish and eating a bowl of cereal) points out how important those two are as members of the team. His quote is something like: "The knight. The soldier. These two are symbols; they mean something to people."

This is followed by an excellent reaction shot of Osborn staring incredulously at Ares. It's a good dialog piece.

js0i6dol.png?2
  • Unknown
    Options
    This is why I love the internet. There are always people more capable and dedicated than I, and it saves me a lot of legwork. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Unknown
    Options
    Moon 17 wrote:
    This is why I love the internet. There are always people more capable and dedicated than I, and it saves me a lot of legwork. icon_e_smile.gif

Benefit of having a Marvel Unlimited subscription ;D
  • Katai
    Katai Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Hehe, there definitely needs to be more "Daken not-so-subtly flirting with everyone".
  • DirigiblePilot
    DirigiblePilot Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I just realized something. They changed the description of his yellow.
    Now, instead of talking about "takes time to recover" it says something like"it takes time to regain his footing" which just sounds odd.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Any consensus on optimal build? I'm thinking 5/3/5?
  • Unknown
    Options
    Any consensus on optimal build? I'm thinking 5/3/5?
    i would recommend 4/4/5. IMO, yellow @ level 5 is really damn awesome. Decrease countdown to 2 (and increase in damage and/or health recover ?). Green at level 4 (6 AP) or 5 (5 AP) doesn't really matter, as u need 2 matches to trigger off a 6AP onslaught, unless you had a stealer like hood or what. So that leads to red skill going to level 4. But of cause i understand the difference from level 4 -> 5 is good as well.
  • Unknown
    Options
    i don't recall seeing him speak, from the day he is featured into the game. I might be wrong though.
  • Unknown
    Options
    Sorry if there is a thread on this...

But did D3 do a rollback of the update? I just got slammed by the Sunder bug again. Ares downed himself with sunder and 2 turns later, he downed my Wolverine. icon_evil.gif
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The bug simply never left. icon_razz.gif
    :: insert pedantic comment on properly testing patched code here ::
  • Unknown
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    It simply never left. icon_razz.gif

LOL. It was SUPPOSED to be part of the update download. But I haven't had much time to play since yesterday. Ugh.
  • Mawtful
    Mawtful Posts: 1,646 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've also encountered it post-update.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    The bug simply never left. icon_razz.gif
    :: insert pedantic comment on properly testing patched code here ::
    This.

I copped it the very first match I played post-update.