SMASH Hit - Hulk Tourney

Comments

• jozier wrote:
    I might try in-tournament tanking this time.

At some point I had difficulties increasing my rank so because I was only getting really hard opponents. I put a 3 hour shield with low level characters and when I came back, my opponents were a lot easier. I think it lowered my mmr a lot doing that. OSo I don't think you'd have to tank all the tournament, just part of it.
  • Interesting, i know people have been wondering if getting hit while shielded effected MMR or not. Did you by chance do any SHIELD training or tanking during the time your shield was up?
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    Interesting, i know people have been wondering if getting hit while shielded effected MMR or not. Did you by chance do any SHIELD training or tanking during the time your shield was up?

Nothing in the 3 hour interval, and i got hit a LOT since I was already being targeted often while I was trying to increase my rank using my wolvering and black widow. With a lvl 6 bagman and some other random char I was really an easy target for everyone.
  • Beginner question.... Why do some people have hulk at a level higher than 15 when it seems like most have him at 15? Are you able to replace the hulk they give you with your own? Thanks
  • Speedy0307 wrote:
    Beginner question.... Why do some people have hulk at a level higher than 15 when it seems like most have him at 15? Are you able to replace the hulk they give you with your own? Thanks

Yes. If you have your own Hulk you can choose to use him.
  • I find that up until around the 1000 range having a high level Hulk is indeed the biggest deterrent unless your point is just much higher than any other comparable target.

After you go above that every team has a Spiderman so it is no longer a deterrent, but in that case a lot of the time it becomes a race so making them go through more HPs for their win still matters while you're playing.
  • Something I'd also suggest people should do if they use a shield, change your characters to your lowest and easiest to kill ones. It does 3 things very useful: it decreases, or might decreases, as I suspect, your MMR; it makes it obvious for everyone that you have a shield, so people can attack you without behind afraid of retaliation; it also help other people reach higher levels, so when your shield time out and you want to increase your rank, it'll be easier for you if there are more people.

Yesterday I saw a lot of shielded people that had hard people to kill...
  • Microtom wrote:
    Something I'd also suggest people should do if they use a shield, change your characters to your lowest and easiest to kill ones.

Question is if you choose easy bag-team and shielded is this team will be in defense while others will attack you? Is this should work as in normal tournament - last fighting team will defense? If yes you should choose bag-team fight against any team, quick retreat and then shield. Some quite precious seconds my gone while you will be doing that
  • Polkio wrote:
    Microtom wrote:
    Something I'd also suggest people should do if they use a shield, change your characters to your lowest and easiest to kill ones.

Question is if you choose easy bag-team and shielded is this team will be in defense while others will attack you? Is this should work as in normal tournament - last fighting team will defense? If yes you should choose bag-team fight against any team, quick retreat and then shield. Some quite precious seconds my gone while you will be doing that

Before shielding, what I did was attack someone with my low chars, retreat and then shield. I assume these low chars were now my defense team. Toward the end of my shield's timer, I attacked with my normal team and that switched my defense team to them. All of that are assumptions. Also, I was afraid of being attacked a lot afraid my shield timer went off but it didn't happened, what happened was that my opponents which were high level hulks, spiders and wolvies not had stuff like 1* storm and low level hulk. It really felt like my MMR had dropped a lot.
  • Is it possible you were just out at front with all the high leveled players at first and when you came back, they moved on to the higher point plateaus and the lower leveled users finally caught up?
  • Toxicadam wrote:
    Is it possible you were just out at front with all the high leveled players at first and when you came back, they moved on to the higher point plateaus and the lower leveled users finally caught up?

Perhaps, it's hard to tell. I don't really know how the mmr system and shield work. It was my impression tho, that my opponent were a lot easier after the 3 hour shields. 3 hours isn't much for everyone to get past me.
  • I am in MMR hell. I've got about 150 points, sitting in the 80s in my bracket. And I'm seeing max wolvie/thor + high level Hulk as my easiest teams (a lot of 120+ BWGS and IM40 teams too).
  • I have found a new favorite team for this tourney. Was running Hulk, Spidey, IM40. Then I swapped out IM40 for Doom on a whim and am pleased as punch with the results. Hulk does great damage and tanks for Doom with black tiles, making it easier to get the 12AP for the 6 demon bag. Doom also tanks blue for Spidey, so he soaks most of the damage Spidey used to take building up blue for the stunlock.

So much easier to let the demons finish off opposing Hulks with stuns than trying to score 10 green or 14 red multiple times. My MMR is tougher this time around, but with this new lineup I'm up to 903, good for 2nd place (1st is shielded at 937).
  • jozier wrote:
    I am in MMR hell. I've got about 150 points, sitting in the 80s in my bracket. And I'm seeing max wolvie/thor + high level Hulk as my easiest teams (a lot of 120+ BWGS and IM40 teams too).

I haven't seen anything lower than a max level Thor/Wolverine for a very long time. And why shouldn't those teams be common if you've similar level characters (or higher)? I mean I saw 2000 rating teams that wereWolverine/Thor, so these teams must be awfully common.
  • Phantron wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    I am in MMR hell. I've got about 150 points, sitting in the 80s in my bracket. And I'm seeing max wolvie/thor + high level Hulk as my easiest teams (a lot of 120+ BWGS and IM40 teams too).

I haven't seen anything lower than a max level Thor/Wolverine for a very long time. And why shouldn't those teams be common if you've similar level characters (or higher)? I mean I saw 2000 rating teams that wereWolverine/Thor, so these teams must be awfully common.

I don't disagree and I'm not complaining. It was just much easier to start in the last tournament and now the teams are tougher the whole way through. I just want my Yellow IW, I don't have a single yellow IW yet icon_e_sad.gif
  • guess then I'm lucky - I usually get not maxed Wolvie / Thor / OBW + Hulk lvl 15-40.

First guy in my brackets is shielded at 937, I shielded at 805, next guy is 446. Hopefully I'll get to 1200 tomorrow. time to bed.
  • This tournament isn't really fun. Every battle takes forever and they're just not fun to play. Oh well.
  • Tanked the **** out of Round 1 and haven't played this round yet. Might actually tank this round too as I don't need Punisher covers, but I would imagine most people run Wolv/Thor/Hulk/Spidey teams.

And with Hulk, he just has too much damn life and it's not even worth the 57 minutes it takes to beat him LoL
  • Yeah I just want Yellow IW. My Punisher is near maxed so I may tank out of the rest of the tourney if I can get up to her.
  • And with Hulk, he just has too much damn life and it's not even worth the 57 minutes it takes to beat him LoL

C. Magneto purple instakill. Not even a boosted Hulk can stand up to it.