SMASH Hit - Hulk Tourney

Comments

• Microtom wrote:
    My mmr is too hard, some guy name dtravis keeps hitting me faster than I can kill people. Don't understand how he can keep target the same people faster than I can kill someone. I went up to 1100 but now at 966.

I must be in the same MMR. That DTravis guy is hitting me like crazy too. He literally hit me like 5x in a span of an hour...

I usually climb to 1800+ in these lately but struggled to get to 1100.
  • He must be cheating
  • A miscalculation against Hulk can wipe your entire team, which is why I started using Spidey against higher level Hulks. Going to be really interesting to see how they change Spider-Man. If they hit his blue really hard, it's going to be even more difficult to deal with Hulk.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Due to me being in matchmaking hell, I keep having to face maxed out Black widows originals, thors, wolv's, etc etc. So I have to spam health packs at least on 1 hero to even finish 1 battle for 10 points lol.

This game is starting to throw me off with the list of nerfs coming up. I can barely even win a battle and they will nerf the only heroes I have maxed out?

They're gonna **** up the game for alot of people, people who rely on these heroes to be able to get others. Sure as hell aint gonna win battles with a modern storm or a modern black window that get 1shotted by most abilities. -.-;

Edit : Woop, nevermind, got cascaded. There go 3 healthpacks -.-; ****. Sure as hell aint gonna wait 6 hours for thor to come back -_-

I'm literally at 278 points cause I have to use healthpacks after every battle. Its getting a tad annoying these pvp events.
  • Misguided wrote:
    A miscalculation against Hulk can wipe your entire team, which is why I started using Spidey against higher level Hulks. Going to be really interesting to see how they change Spider-Man. If they hit his blue really hard, it's going to be even more difficult to deal with Hulk.

I don't have much problems with hulk using wolverine and black women. I keep him for the end and usually start killing a thor or black woman first, then wolverine second. By that time I got maybe 20 red ap and a few greens and use it all to one shot hulk. Either that or I kill him slowly as to not trigger his black ability.
  • I was aiming for the two hulk covers at 1600, but all the Hulks I see are in the range of lvl 40-100, and I'm being attacked by teams very similar to mine. Two steps forward, one back, taking forever and a half... got to 1000, popped a 8h freeish shield from the HP reward just reached and see you next round icon_lol.gif
  • In this tournament, around 1000 is a huge threshold. Once you're past it, a significant portion of your enemy are all shielded which means you've way less pressure.

I started with Thor/Wolverine and then switched to Wolverine/Spiderman as the high level Hulks start showing up. You pretty much have to use Wolverine to kill Hulk in a sane amount of time, but Anger counters strike tiles hard, so you need someone who can stun to finish the job. When I don't have Spiderman (or if he was downed for whatever reason), I start destroying my own strike tiles as it gets close to just Hulk left. I don't see stun nerf being that big of a deal against Hulk in general. He only seems impossible to kill because his HP is roughly doubled in this match. With strike tiles I can do 800-1K by the time I get to him and with say 8K health that's an acceptable range to take a risk, and even if they hit Spiderman hard, you should be able to stun him for a turn or two to pile on 8K damage. 16K, on the other hand, is a whole different story.

One thing interesting is that Wolverine/Spiderman is autolose on mirror match. There is literally no way your team stands a chance against an equal composition team, because they can target Spiderman first and you cannot (on defense).
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Managed to hit 1800 off of wolvie / o widow / hulk. Saw some forum names as i climbed my way up, guess I'm starting to get into the higher tiers of play!
  • Managed to hit 1800 off of wolvie / o widow / hulk.

That's what i used. I usually try to tank my mmr if I see any forum names since I'm in too deep at that point lol.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Roya PQ wrote:
    Managed to hit 1800 off of wolvie / o widow / hulk.

That's what i used. I usually try to tank my mmr if I see any forum names since I'm in too deep at that point lol.

Hah. I wish I could tank, but I need 2 more green/black covers to finish off punisher. I guess I'll do my usual tank first half of next tournament thing.
  • This tournament is pretty weird in the sense that almost every team is autolose against its mirror.
  • Managed to hit 1800 off of wolvie / o widow / hulk. Saw some forum names as i climbed my way up, guess I'm starting to get into the higher tiers of play!

Got to 1600, because I wanted the Hulk cover, but was attacked 3-4 times between 1500-1600, so I shielded there. There had been a guy shielded at 1800 in my bracket, but shield dropped and he hasn't put it back up. I'd like to get the wolverine yellow, since I don't have one yet, but don't know if they are going to make another push.
  • NorthernPolarity
    Misguided wrote:
    Managed to hit 1800 off of wolvie / o widow / hulk. Saw some forum names as i climbed my way up, guess I'm starting to get into the higher tiers of play!

Got to 1600, because I wanted the Hulk cover, but was attacked 3-4 times between 1500-1600, so I shielded there. There had been a guy shielded at 1800 in my bracket, but shield dropped and he hasn't put it back up. I'd like to get the wolverine yellow, since I don't have one yet, but don't know if they are going to make another push.

I have a shielded guy at 1800 as well. I'm feeling lazy today though: don't want to grind another hour+ for the wolvie cover: I'd imagine it be a progression reward sometime soon.
  • Not played it yet, but I'm going to jump in with an hour left see what happens.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Microtom wrote:
    I don't have much problems with hulk using wolverine and black women. I keep him for the end and usually start killing a thor or black woman first....

Best racist post ever!

The character's name is black widow.
  • Im a bit under 1600, some guy keep hitting me while there's plenty of shielded people around those level...
  • Microtom wrote:
    Im a bit under 1600, some guy keep hitting me while there's plenty of shielded people around those level...

Once you get to that range there's literally only 5 guys you can attack. I think Bucky76 attacked me 5 times in a span of 30 minutes.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Microtom wrote:
    Im a bit under 1600, some guy keep hitting me while there's plenty of shielded people around those level...

Once you get to that range there's literally only 5 guys you can attack. I think Bucky76 attacked me 5 times in a span of 30 minutes.

Easy points are easy points? icon_e_smile.gif I'm shielded at 2100
  • Roya PQ wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Microtom wrote:

Easy points are easy points? icon_e_smile.gif I'm shielded at 2100

This tournament is pretty much hopelessly in favor of the attacking team due to its unique team composition. Anyone who can actually deal with Hulk is going to just die horribly on defense because they'd get attacked first, but if you don't have anyone who can deal with Hulk on offense then your battles will take forever.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Microtom wrote:

I had a choice of like 4-5 people it seemed , and was being hit by someone else repeatedly as I was trying to reach 1800, so boosted it up and went to town icon_lol.gif