Enemy of the State - Dec 23 - 29

Options

Comments

• squirrel1120
    Options
    A well covered shadow step is kinda brutal. I didn't pay attention to the cover levels of the seed teams in a lightning round, and i wasn't paying attention to black either. Bad move. She cast it, and as the only character left and with the benefit of zerker rage tiles, she wiped 90% of my team out with a small cascade that would have normally been considered 'in my favor', and then her dance of death ticked off to finish the match with my jaw on the ground.

I know its very special circumstances, but that was a little shocking. Before then I didn't realize more covers added a damage component.
  • The amount of points in the marathon nodes is rediculously high. Huge advantage to anyone that can clear, nevermind multiclears at sub end. I seem to widen my lead by 1-2k each time a sub finishes. There's no taking the foot off the gas at the end even with a 10k+ lead because of it tho. That gets eaten away fast with 4k+ individual nodes

Yeah I've been in top 3 of each sub apart from last night when I forgot it was about to end and got bumped down to 9th by the time I realised there was 2 minutes left. Finished 10th, wahey!

7 hours to go for the whole event, looks like I'll actually earn a 4* cover for the first time woo
  • Did anyone get rewards from slice 1 ??
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    Sub rewards only. Also annoyed that I can't see my final score, nor track how the alliance is holding out since mine was the first slice.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    My main rewards just came through for slice 1 - 11:20AM ET, about 2.5 hours after event end.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You've got to love rubber banding. With 5 hours 35 minutes to go, Wolveroach sees 8383 points in the Elektra node, 7928 in Triumph.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    main rewards are in for me now also.
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    You've got to love rubber banding. With 5 hours 35 minutes to go, Wolveroach sees 8383 points in the Elektra node, 7928 in Triumph.
    Got bumped from 9th to 22 overnite because of that. I saw 9100 is Elektra node.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I finished slice 1 this morning with a nice lead somewhere around 350k.
    Very nice!
    Moon Roach wrote:
    You've got to love rubber banding.
    Yes I did. Moved from 188K to 230K this morning.
  • What's cutoff for top 100? Anyone?
  • The rubberbanding is higher overall because the points seems to be 6 stacks instead of 4 now which gives you a lot more points for clearing everything the first 3 times, and more points leads to more rubberbanding. In my subs you'll see virtual ties after accounting for the sleep factor (whoever is ahead is generally only ahead by the amount they didn't sleep) and then in the last 3 hours the top 2 (which is currently me and another guy) would jump out another 10 or 20K from clearing the high point nodes multiple times. If you're lucky someone in your time slice might be doing that early on (maybe before going to sleep). I did 3 clears of the final sub before going to sleep and that was worth close to 30K points, more than enough to increase the rubberband by a meaningful factor.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Do points usually go down towards the end of the sub? I played a node, saw "Full points in 2h59m", and now 1 hour later the points value is less than what it was after I'd played it! There isn't enough time left in the sub for a full refresh, so at what point will the points value be higher?
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    evil panda wrote:

Btw, I'm enjoying all the wu-tang references

Loving the Wu Tang song titles. Well, at least until wave 6 of Triumph where I got bombed atomically.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    rossfoss wrote:
    Anyone in earlier slices got into top 10 without an Elektra cover?
    I'm on the last slice (23 hours to go) and hanging between top 11-16. I'm grinding like a mad man
    but slowly loosing hope for top 10. icon_e_sad.gif

We've got a guy who's gunning for top 10 without Elektra, he's currently on 151k. A mighty performance, with only 2* OBW, Daken, Wolverine and Bullseye (!) maxed. He usually lucks into a quiet bracket / slice.

He got top 10, even after missing most of a day because of "Real Life". Utterly amazing.
  • squirrel1120
    Options
    ... and they said you couldn't compete without Elektra...

Maybe you can, but I know I wouldn't really want to try. heh
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Perhaps no one in that bracket had her
  • fmftint wrote:

Perhaps no one in that bracket had her

Or perhaps a lot of people who do have her did so by grinding the life out of the last PVE, and for this one, decided to go easy. Many people do not need Patch rewards. I'm going to likely end up top 100 for my main and I've only done a full clear + a couple of runs through the wave nodes each sub after I hit 75k for the icon_storm.png progression, solely to stay top 300 in the subs. That's getting me enough for top 100. The 50k gap between the leader and 10th in my main tells me I'm not the only one going easy on this.
  • Lystrata
    Lystrata Posts: 322 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I think Shadow Step takes a bit of getting used to, and does mean keeping a close eye on the enemy AP / countdown tiles, but I've used this ability in just about every survival node so far - multiple times during each node, as well. It's incredibly useful, once you get the hang of it - and has definitely saved me a number of health packs along the way.

Was unsure about it in the char description, but in use? Thumbs up.

Also... 8 hours or so to go, and I cannot wait for this PvE to end. Am so sick of 7 day long events. Was reaching the end of my care factor at about day 5. Really wish they'd scale back the time commitment on these events.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    PvE slice #2 ended a few hours ago, and I grabbed a top 50 playing quite casually.
    After the grindfest for Elektra covers I think that many players made a break and competition was less intense.

Actually I had a very nice surprise during this PvE when I found that Mohawk Storm (boosted) was indeed very efficient in survival waves nodes. I'm glad because 1 star.png Storm was my favorite char when I was a newbie and I was sad that I can't use often 3 star.png Storm. I paired her with 3 star.png Cap' and 3 star.png Daken. I was impressed by the results and was able to score ridiculous amount of points with these waves staying in top 50 without playing each refresh.

Storm and Cap are slow to start but when the engines were running after a wave or two it was (almost) a cakewalk even for the last node of the last sub. 'lightning strikes' to gather AP and clear some enemy CD tiles while 'hailstorm' with daken strike tiles can decimate opponents. Moreover, hailstorm enables to end a wave passively and thus playing first in the next wave, which gave a chance to use Cap' shields to deal with a nasty adamantium slash or Gorgon redtile.png power.

Definitely, 3 star.pngicon_storm.pngicon_daken.pngicon_captainamerica.png gained his place as a regular pve team for me especially for long fights such as survival nodes. (Currently I'm trying to play this team in the Storm PvP although I don't think this team is well fitted for short fights).
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Lystrata wrote:
    Am so sick of 7 day long events. Was reaching the end of my care factor at about day 5. Really wish they'd scale back the time commitment on these events.
    I reached that point when I exceeded max progression before the 2nd sub closed. But I needed those Patch covers so it was 85% optimal play for the duration