R67 problems - crashing leaderboards, invisible PvP scores

Options
Dayv
Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
At least two problems are being seen by multiple people on multiple platforms since the R67 update went live:

* Attempting to view the rewards and leaderboards for a past PvP event (First Avenger) crashes the game.

* When selecting PvP opponents, you can't see the player's score anymore. You do still see the estimated point gain for beating them. Edit: This has been confirmed to be an intended change, although it wasn't expected to be in this release.

See first reports here.

If other problems are confirmed by multiple players, I will add them to this post.

Comments

• areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I'm having both issues on Android (game crashes when viewing First Avenger scores, no PvP opponent scores).
  • confirming this too. although im not entirely sure that not being able to see an opponent's score is a bug. i have a feeling that this is a deliberate non announced change that will make shield hop coordination more difficult for the top alliances.

IF this is in fact a bug...i bet that D3 will not act nearly as fast to it as they did the level bug in prodigal son pve. i also doubt that they will even acknowledge any of this.

marc
  • Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Android 4.4

I cannot see the score=of my PVP opponents.
  • Dayv
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:
    confirming this too. although im not entirely sure that not being able to see an opponent's score is a bug. i have a feeling that this is a deliberate non announced change that will make shield hop coordination more difficult for the top alliances.

IF this is in fact a bug...i bet that D3 will not act nearly as fast to it as they did the level bug in prodigal son pve. i also doubt that they will even acknowledge any of this.

marc
    I'm certain they'll acknowledge the crash bug. I wouldn't be surprised if an answer on the score visibility is slower to come, and has to wait for a developer brain-dump.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I had the same problem accessing the results of 1st Avenger.
    I'm on iPhone 4s running iOS 8.1. Currently updating to 8.1.2 to see if that helps.
  • kilgarin
    kilgarin Posts: 57 Match Maker
    Options
    iPhone 5s running most up to date OS. Having both of these issues as well.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:
    confirming this too. although im not entirely sure that not being able to see an opponent's score is a bug. i have a feeling that this is a deliberate non announced change that will make shield hop coordination more difficult for the top alliances.

marc
    It's actually the opposite. It makes it harder for people who aren't coordinating. Because if you're queuing someone else up because you know they'll be out, you already know how many points they're worth. Because they'll have told you.
  • Had alliance confirm this, and reported it to demiurge general email, but when looking at previous pvp data in game it crashes the app. I'm on an iPad 2, don't know if that matters.
  • Add one more to those reporting these bugs (or at least the crash, which is clearly a bug). Nice how they just fixed the leaderboards and have broken them again already. Code review? QA process? Regression testing? Anything?

OnePlus One, Android 4.4 (Cyanogenmod 11S)
  • Dayv
    Options
    We probably don't need to collect platform information unless devs ask for it. I'm pretty sure this is broken for everyone.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    DayvBang wrote:
    We probably don't need to collect platform information unless devs ask for it. I'm pretty sure this is broken for everyone.

I think somebody on an iPhone 6 and mentioned they didn't have the problem and she could see points and scores. Although her English, might not be the best.
    In any case Samsung S4 Model SCH-I545 Android version 4.4.2

I can't see the opponents point values, just the scores for hitting them. It gives me an empty feeling inside. Meh
  • djsquillz wrote:

But you know your score and the score you get for winning the match so you know their score +/- 10 points or so. The only time this is not the case is if you getting 50 points when you know their minimum possible score to give you 50 points.
  • whitecat31 wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

I think somebody on an iPhone 6 and mentioned they didn't have the problem and she could see points and scores. Although her English, might not be the best.

I can't see the opponents point values, just the scores for hitting them. It gives me an empty feeling inside. Meh

I'm on an iPhone 6 and I had both the crash problem and I cannot see scores.

I had a friend try to check on an un-updated Android, but the leaderboards had already disappeared for him when they were still there for me. Not sure if this was because he was in an earlier time slot than me though.
  • reckless442
    reckless442 Posts: 532 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Sea wrote:
    whitecat31 wrote:
    DayvBang wrote:

I'm on an iPhone 6 and I had both the crash problem and I cannot see scores.

I had a friend try to check on an un-updated Android, but the leaderboards had already disappeared for him when they were still there for me. Not sure if this was because he was in an earlier time slot than me though.
    Nope. I was in time-shard five and the FIrst Avenger leaderboard is gone for me.
  • Pentagoon
    Options
    I don't want this to get lost in the noise of the R67 patch thread. This is to specifically address the fact that opponent scores have been removed from the Matchmaking screen in R67. This change was made with no notification that it was coming and no mention of it post-release in the release notes.

As a member of a top tier alliance, I find it extremely dissatisfying to not see my opponents' scores. We communicate constantly during heated battles regarding the points of our opponents - watching the ebb and flow of our enemies across the battlefield, it's the only indicator if someone is climbing - or has stalled, unless they're in the top alliances screen with us. I find this change to be bad for all users and removes an important detail about the foe you're about to face. New users will have no idea that "25 points = my score". There was mention of [something like] "upcoming changes to help players without access to coordinated battle information outside of the game" - by which they mean a Battle Chat. This seems like a change in that direction - but NO mention of it in the pre-release patch notes, and NO mention of it in the production release notes - just a lot of us scratching our heads.

DEVELOPERS: Was this an intentional change? If so, what's the rationale? The feedback I've gathered from my own alliances today (5DeadlyVenoms, 5DeadlyCurses, 5DeadlyToxins, 5DeadlyHexes) is that we want the score back immediately.

PUBLIC RELATIONS HI-FI DUDE: Why wasn't this in the release notes? This information is expected and has been in the matchmaking system from Day 1 and is significant enough of a UI change to warrant at least a callout on the public notes so we can engage in the discourse, IMHO.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yes, I can confirm the opponent scores are now gone on Android.
  • Actually, the first question is this a change or a bug? (remember they were working on making points up to date)

If it is a bug, how long until is fixed?

If it is change, it is not worth my time or words to say anything.
  • As someone outside a competitive alliance, I dislike this also.
    1. I like feeling like I beat someone with more points than me. If their points are way higher than me, it's like I beat the Goliath! Otherwise it's just feels like 20 points here, 15 points there, piddly stuff. Winning just doesn't feel as satisfying; it feels more like grinding. I like seeing my opponents 'levels' go up to give me the sense of progress.
    2. If someone hit me and is 5 points away from a progression goal, I don't like to hit them right away so that they can get their reward, and then I can get points back off of them afterwards.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    as an Apple user I can also confirm that the player point values are gone.

this also gives further proof the recent changes to shielding are for the sole purpose of curbing points and reducing chances of gaining progression rewards.
  • I'm starting to think they honestly don't get why people skip matchups. The reason is very simple:

WE DON'T WANT TO FIGHT SOMEONE WHO WILL RETALIATE AND CAUSE US TO LOSE POINTS OVERALL.

This won't keep us from skipping; it just means we'll be slightly blinder than usual.
This discussion has been closed.