At the point where good rewards are gone

Options
13»

Comments

• For the Elektra event, it already looks impossible to win.

For the 4 Thor event, I placed at #8, which was enough to win all the covers I was missing. It was a long grind, and I messed up a bit in the first node. I managed to catch up in the long, long grind. There appeared to be 1 obvious cheater in my bracket.

For the Elektra event, I used a lot more discipline for the first node, and managed to hit top 20. Unfortunately, there are even fewer prizes than in the 4 Thor event, and there appears to be many more obvious cheaters, all with scores that appear impossible to achieve. Since only players 1-5 win all covers, and since their are more than five blatant cheaters, this event is pretty much over. It's a contest over cheating methods now.

I've seen a lot of reports of nodes being trivial and I certainly encountered that last event (but not this one, at least not yet). There's almost no way you can possibly compete against anyone with trivial nodes given the nodes are actually kind of hard on their normal scaling, but even if you could beat everything, someone plowing through trivial nodes will still have a huge speed advantage on you, and given the number of 250+ guys with Muscles the time it takes to just go through all that HP even if the enemy never fought back is more than enough to be the difference.
  • Hulk11 wrote:
    Just like to add that the maggia in pve are juiced up to lvl 90. Complete hp drain fail.
    Max CStorm and MNM. Goon only nodes are beatable even up to 395. My roster is 94 at max (+ bonus levels on Ares/Daken) and I'm dealing from 210 to 250lvl Maggia goons. This includes 250 Punisher node. Don't have them yet? Then be happy with lower tier rewards, means you still need to improve 2* roster.
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    edited December 2014
    Options
    A lot of people love that line lol. You only have a 2 star roster and face those lvls?

Just to explain that a bit though. I started the first available time, so Sunday night and the levels were a lot lower. Woke up to about the same and referencing another line, the trolls were hard at work overnight taking those easy nodes. I was like 500th place now. When I had a chance to play again on Monday the levels flew up, sorta screwing me out of a better placement all the more. Not cool, but oh well.
  • I have 2x 3* with 10~ish covers upped to level 94 and 7 x 2* @ 94lvl.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kalex716 wrote:
    MMags feeding OBW purple is a great tip.

Thats the toughest part is giving yourself the best chance as possible. Some transitioning players get scaled out in a really stupid way, where they want to be playing more but they simply can't... Even if they were buying and throwing health packs at it, theirs just not enough tools to beat over scaled minions at 2 star.

MMags + OBW is the best and only strat. Anybody have any others?

1* Storm and 2* Cap aren't bad either as you can shake the board and take down specific tiles.

Minions are easy to beat if you invest time and look more towards board control than damage. I currently roll with OBW+Falcon+X where X is normally a damage dealer. OBW and Falcon just give me enough emergency saves, though I am contemplating replacing Falcon with Lazy Cap.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Hulk11 wrote:
    Well the big problem is lack of playability right now, which leads to the lack of rewards. I did enough for now in my pvp, so that's the backburner for now. I did my pve, some reason the ai is getting juiced up in the last 20 minutes, that'll drain hp packs if I'm not uber careful. So that was a bit of a shock to see, so that's already gonna stop me for now. No sense there, except to grind for a few hundred points.
    Yeah, there was a bug that gave everyone super easy missions that seems to have been corrected now. Everyone is seeing a level increase.

Which is a shame, because I had a lot of fun doing that.
    It was a grind of a different kind. I could wear them all down to 1 point, but the matches were so quick it didn't feel like such a slog. In this PvP the nodes are mostly level 200+ and it takes so long to kill them and you fight on a knife edge, one too many count down timers placed where you can't match them and you're one moderate cascade away from just being obliterated. Had a full health Wolverine Patch taken down with one cascade earlier today.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulk11 wrote:
    Just to update. I never kept the 2 star daken, sorta wish I did. I'm sitting on the 3 star, probably a worse idea to have the 3 star. Current strategy is using Ares or Thor with Widow, and juggernaut. Sorta the best I can come up with for now, I could use hulk for more overall health, but juggernaut has the lower numbers for using abilities and I can clear some of the board and maybe even get some ap for my other characters. I'm tip toeing on this strategy but it's really the best I can do without dying out there.
    I'm relying on the 3* Daken here since he's maxed and the 2* is not. The match damage seems to be about equal between a maxed non-buffed 3* and a maxed buffed 2*, so there's little reason for me to max out the 2*.
    Of course, maxing the 2* is a lot cheaper than maxing the 3*...
    Hulk11 wrote:
    A lot of people love that line lol. You only have a 2 star roster and face those lvls?

Just to explain that a bit though. I started the first available time, so Sunday night and the levels were a lot lower. Woke up to about the same and referencing another line, the trolls were hard at work overnight taking those easy nodes. I was like 500th place now. When I had a chance to play again on Monday the levels flew up, sorta screwing me out of a better placement all the more. Not cool, but oh well.
    You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it does...
  • Hulk11 wrote:
    Just to update. I never kept the 2 star daken, sorta wish I did. I'm sitting on the 3 star, probably a worse idea to have the 3 star. Current strategy is using Ares or Thor with Widow, and juggernaut. Sorta the best I can come up with for now, I could use hulk for more overall health, but juggernaut has the lower numbers for using abilities and I can clear some of the board and maybe even get some ap for my other characters. I'm tip toeing on this strategy but it's really the best I can do without dying out there.

Daken really minimizes the amount of health packs you use. He wont need one ever unless he is downed. I suggest you start building him. I too did not keep any of his covers even after his buff, but later decided to max him even though I had 5 maxed 2*. Now he is in my top 3 chars I use the most, OK top 4 cause I just maxed lcap icon_e_biggrin.gif