At the point where good rewards are gone

Options

Comments

• MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Hulk11 wrote:
    PPPlaya wrote:
    I take it you have never fought a lvl 395 LThor before. And you also must have missed the Gauntlet.

That's just laughable material right there. Definitely passed on the gauntlet, sold off my ms marvel a week ago, and the rewards looked bad, did some but took more time in pvp.

Which means you missed out on the 3* covers that were progression rewards...yet you expect to get 3* covers from PVE. Gotta say, that logic confuses me.
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Options
    You're referring to the loki cover right? That's one cover, the other was moonstone and I forget the third. Regardless as I said I had no ms marvel so I don't think that getting that cover was possible. Also the difficulty for this one event is way to frickin high. I have 30 characters, only 3 are buffed, one is a lame cover so 2 more like it. That just makes this all the harder. While I accept I won't get in the top 50, I didn't even pay attention to my rank in the last event with gamora, still that was more enjoyable than this. The opening maggia are lvl 70 ****. That greatly reduces my chances of even playing for progressions. Why in the hell is this one so turned up, just to slow the grind by making people literally stop playing that's messed up, this happens all the time.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulk11 wrote:
    You're referring to the loki cover right? That's one cover, the other was moonstone and I forget the third. Regardless as I said I had no ms marvel so I don't think that getting that cover was possible. Also the difficulty for this one event is way to frickin high. I have 30 characters, only 3 are buffed, one is a lame cover so 2 more like it. That just makes this all the harder. While I accept I won't get in the top 50, I didn't even pay attention to my rank in the last event with gamora, still that was more enjoyable than this. The opening maggia are lvl 70 ****. That greatly reduces my chances of even playing for progressions. Why in the hell is this one so turned up, just to slow the grind by making people literally stop playing that's messed up, this happens all the time.
    There are bugs with time sharding and scaling. They had them in Iso-8 and it got so bad they eventually turn off scaling midway through the event. Apparently they didn't fix the issue because Prodigal Sun is scaling in the same manner, the later you start the harder your initial difficulty
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    Options
    Not sure if your trolling or serious so I will provide a serious reply. Pve has scaling based on your roster. If you have 50's you will see appropriate enemies. If your 2* in the 94's you will see appropriate competition. If your in the 3* range you will see appropriate competition. Then there is community scaling on top of that so as the events go on you will have harder and harder enemies. If its hard for you at 94 you can be sure its also hard for anyone at 270 or 166. Not knowing what your roster has I highly recommend obw/mmags/ for goon nodes. Mmags purple feeds obw blue which jumps the countdown tiles back up. Add mhawkeye/cap/cstorm for your 3rd for additional dmg board control etc.
  • Hulk11
    Options
    nimvin wrote:
    Not sure if your trolling or serious so I will provide a serious reply. Pve has scaling based on your roster. If you have 50's you will see appropriate enemies. If your 2* in the 94's you will see appropriate competition. If your in the 3* range you will see appropriate competition. Then there is community scaling on top of that so as the events go on you will have harder and harder enemies. If its hard for you at 94 you can be sure its also hard for anyone at 270 or 166. Not knowing what your roster has I highly recommend obw/mmags/ for goon nodes. Mmags purple feeds obw blue which jumps the countdown tiles back up. Add mhawkeye/cap/cstorm for your 3rd for additional dmg board control etc.

The man above you seemed to give the appropriate response, it's flawed I guess.
  • Hulk11 wrote:
    I see. How many elektra covers will you have after this event? I assume you won't buy any, so this will just be a place holder for events.
    I'll be lucky to get top 50 and then maybe the alliance reward. One cover is enough to at least do the essential nodes in the event and I won't have enough iso or HP to use her for 6 months anyway. Meanwhile my 3* max team will have no problem beating her fully maxed in next months PVP events.
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    Options
    So the response that I provided was not what you wanted to hear so you ignore it in favor of someone who says the game is bugged when they provide no evidence of that. STUFF IN GAMES AS IN LIFE IS HARD! !! For tiny kitty's sake would you like some cheese with your whine? Get used to it. The devs aren't here to cater to you. They are here to make money. Just like I do when I goto work. The difference is they are trying to provide a fun game with a fun property that many of us love.
  • yes leave is the best choice.

As specially this game is designed by idiot level designer
  • I am a bit confused. The top five guys in my pve shard all have 2* rosters, not 3*, so they seem to be doing OK?

Just trying to figure out why you are struggling. My missions are mostly Hard and Deadly now, which is annoying, but not sure why yours are so tough.
  • I am a bit confused. The top five guys in my pve shard all have 2* rosters, not 3*, so they seem to be doing OK?

Just trying to figure out why you are struggling. My missions are mostly Hard and Deadly now, which is annoying, but not sure why yours are so tough.

because higher your level, higher the nodes level. Dont raise your teams level so much

before you get 3* sentry, Hood , Lthor or 4* Wolf dont rasie too many 3 * character level over 100 you will get hard time in PVE
  • I understand that, but the main poster here has two star roster and can't compete. Yet the top of my shard all has two star rosters.

So I don't know why he is struggling.
  • kalex716
    kalex716 Posts: 184
    Options
    nimvin wrote:

MMags feeding OBW purple is a great tip.

Thats the toughest part is giving yourself the best chance as possible. Some transitioning players get scaled out in a really stupid way, where they want to be playing more but they simply can't... Even if they were buying and throwing health packs at it, theirs just not enough tools to beat over scaled minions at 2 star.

MMags + OBW is the best and only strat. Anybody have any others?
  • My go to 2* team is Wolverine/OBW/Storm

Use Wolvie's green as much as possible to generate special tiles that boost OBW damage. OBW matching blue helps build up for Windstorm. Use Blue to either Windstorm (stun + AOE) or Heal/Delay if needed. Just be sure that if the person you are targeting will die from Windstorm, that you switch the target to someone else, preferably a goon with a CD tile ready to go off that you can't get to. (probably goes withouyt saying but you never know)

With Wolvie = OBW you can get OBW up to doing 800 - 1K damage on a match 3 pretty reliably.

My back up is Ms. Marvel, Haweye, Magneto with Marvel's yellow and Mags Purple used to increase the chance of SpeedShot going off.
  • Hulk11
    Options
    Figure I may as well come back to this topic. I'm surprised no one recommends using Ares since he's buffed and a strong cover at that. Though one comment I'd make to that is he's always taking damage, there's no way around that, when I've used him so far it's a very big trade off to the hp's. That really sucks since he's one of the few buffed. I dunno what to think of this event, no one's recommended a buffed character, and wolverine is really the safest player with his yellow, storm takes shots and black widow can't guarantee keeping players alive cause the blue is sometimes wasted with the countdown tiles. That can go both ways though good or bad.
  • I'm starting to think the 2* guys dominating PvE are guys who would normally be a hardcore max roster guy that just chose to never level anyone past level 100. It really doesn't make sense to be continuing to dominate in PvE like the way some of these guys can but somehow never having the resources to get anyone past level 100.

That said, there isn't any particular trick such a person can do over the typical 2*. The only advantage they'd have is that if you're never planning to level anyone past level 100 then you pretty much can iso 8 boost every fight because you literally can't spend your iso 8 if you don't plan on ever leveling anyone past level 100. That said, this is not exactly something other players can't duplicate if you've something you really want to win. Now a lot of transition guys are by definition casual and can't keep up with the 'hit every cycle' schedule, but believe it or not a lot of 3* guys can't do that either. You're always going to lose to someone who can hit every cycle regardless of what their roster status is because quantity is currently the dominant factor in PvE, but you should be quite competitive against anyone who plays a comparable amount as you. Just be aware that if you can only hit half of the cycles, the best you can do might be top 100 because that's likely the limit anyone can do while missing so many cycles.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Hulk11 wrote:
    Figure I may as well come back to this topic. I'm surprised no one recommends using Ares since he's buffed and a strong cover at that. Though one comment I'd make to that is he's always taking damage, there's no way around that, when I've used him so far it's a very big trade off to the hp's. That really sucks since he's one of the few buffed. I dunno what to think of this event, no one's recommended a buffed character, and wolverine is really the safest player with his yellow, storm takes shots and black widow can't guarantee keeping players alive cause the blue is sometimes wasted with the countdown tiles. That can go both ways though good or bad.

What levels/covers are your Ares, Daken and OBW at?

I'm using Ares, Daken and Loki throughout (I realize you don't have Loki, no need to point that out to me, but give me a second). I'm cruising through them despite the fact that everything is scaled to my 3* roster. You should be able to use Ares, Daken and OBW similarly, however. If you're facing goons, especially Maggia, you ought to be able to prioritize blue and never let them touch you. Daken is boosted past OBW, so even with her in the first position, you won't be getting espionage off, but I was just able to close out Maggia Assault IV with that team, taking only 515 damage from a Covering Fire I couldn't get to in time, plus whatever one sunder tile didn't heal back (so little the damage isn't really visible on the health bar). My Ares, Daken and OBW are maxed, so they're 134/134/94 respectively, and the node was hard with all of the goons at 230/231. The board wasn't particularly blue-friendly, but since most Maggia make blue, I just stole what I needed.

If you're facing goons, and you're using OBW to heal, you're already in trouble. OBW should be adding time to CDs. Generally speaking, with a maxed OBW, you can win an all goon node without ever taking damage. On the nodes that feature Bullseye, Sentry or Punisher, well, you're going to at least take match damage, but so is everyone else playng. Try to keep Daken in front as often as possible, and match damage becomes largely moot.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulk11 wrote:
    You want a recommendation? Daken. When in doubt, go with the one with the healing factor. It cuts down dramatically on your need for healthpacks. He forms a nice rainbow with Ares too.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    There are bugs with time sharding and scaling. They had them in Iso-8 and it got so bad they eventually turn off scaling midway through the event. Apparently they didn't fix the issue because Prodigal Sun is scaling in the same manner, the later you start the harder your initial difficulty

Aha. Well; that explains why my initial nodes were all 110+ when my team's best is currently at lvl 120...
  • Hulk11
    Options
    Just to update. I never kept the 2 star daken, sorta wish I did. I'm sitting on the 3 star, probably a worse idea to have the 3 star. Current strategy is using Ares or Thor with Widow, and juggernaut. Sorta the best I can come up with for now, I could use hulk for more overall health, but juggernaut has the lower numbers for using abilities and I can clear some of the board and maybe even get some ap for my other characters. I'm tip toeing on this strategy but it's really the best I can do without dying out there.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For the Elektra event, it already looks impossible to win.

For the 4 Thor event, I placed at #8, which was enough to win all the covers I was missing. It was a long grind, and I messed up a bit in the first node. I managed to catch up in the long, long grind. There appeared to be 1 obvious cheater in my bracket.

For the Elektra event, I used a lot more discipline for the first node, and managed to hit top 20. Unfortunately, there are even fewer prizes than in the 4 Thor event, and there appears to be many more obvious cheaters, all with scores that appear impossible to achieve. Since only players 1-5 win all covers, and since their are more than five blatant cheaters, this event is pretty much over. It's a contest over cheating methods now.