At the point where good rewards are gone

Options
Hulk11
Hulk11 Posts: 435
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Some reason I've found it where I cannot achieve good rewards anymore. The trolls are hard after the pve events, so that's done. I may as well just cancel pve from my mind entirely. Then there's pvp, where there is some progress but you get to the point where you face impossible battles, so that becomes a no go as well. Do the developers even know they have a game you can't even play at times. It's nothing to do with paying money to play either, the only thing you can do in this situation is maybe buy loads of cover packs and pray till you bleed that you get a load of 3 star useable covers. That's virtually impossible as well, and that had nothing to do with paying money either cause it's frickin random. The game is not only stopping you from getting rewards to progress, but allowing you to play, and then hope to get a reward to progress.

The only break you can catch nowadays is picking your event times. That's the only variable in all the this, I'm sorry to say this but it is what it is.

Just like to add that the maggia in pve are juiced up to lvl 90. Complete hp drain fail.

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Both PvE and PvP are still excellent sources for ISO. Get what you can and spend it on whoever is worthwhile at the moment - if you don't have anyone, just stockpile it until you get someone worth spending on. There are plenty of tokens in PvE and covers in PvP that should be able to help you out.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulk11 wrote:
    Some reason I've found it where I cannot achieve good rewards anymore. The trolls are hard after the pve events, so that's done. I may as well just cancel pve from my mind entirely. Then there's pvp, where there is some progress but you get to the point where you face impossible battles, so that becomes a no go as well. Do the developers even know they have a game you can't even play at times. It's nothing to do with paying money to play either, the only thing you can do in this situation is maybe buy loads of cover packs and pray till you bleed that you get a load of 3 star useable covers. That's virtually impossible as well, and that had nothing to do with paying money either cause it's frickin random. The game is not only stopping you from getting rewards to progress, but allowing you to play, and then hope to get a reward to progress.

The only break you can catch nowadays is picking your event times. That's the only variable in all the this, I'm sorry to say this but it is what it is.

I know the point you are speaking of and one of the best ways to remedy this is to be part of a decent alliance, if you already are, then essentially you are in the stage of waiting or spending. If top 10 is too tough, just aim for top 25, all the covers come around eventually.
  • Hulk11
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:
    Both PvE and PvP are still excellent sources for ISO. Get what you can and spend it on whoever is worthwhile at the moment - if you don't have anyone, just stockpile it until you get someone worth spending on. There are plenty of tokens in PvE and covers in PvP that should be able to help you out.

Iso is not the main goal in all this, you still need the good covers. The players are blitzing all of it out of pve, and only top 50 will get even one cover.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Hulk11 wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    Iso is not the main goal in all this, you still need the good covers. The players are blitzing all of it out of pve, and only top 50 will get even one cover.
    While it does not seem like it at first, there will come a point where you have most covers, but still need the ISO to level them up. In the endgame, ISO is in short supply, while covers are relatively easy to get.
    Of course, it helps a lot to have some staple characters fully leveled first so you can get to the 3* rewards regularly. But even one cover at a time helps a lot.
  • Hulk11
    Options
    Well the big problem is lack of playability right now, which leads to the lack of rewards. I did enough for now in my pvp, so that's the backburner for now. I did my pve, some reason the ai is getting juiced up in the last 20 minutes, that'll drain hp packs if I'm not uber careful. So that was a bit of a shock to see, so that's already gonna stop me for now. No sense there, except to grind for a few hundred points.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Hulk11 wrote:
    Well the big problem is lack of playability right now, which leads to the lack of rewards. I did enough for now in my pvp, so that's the backburner for now. I did my pve, some reason the ai is getting juiced up in the last 20 minutes, that'll drain hp packs if I'm not uber careful. So that was a bit of a shock to see, so that's already gonna stop me for now. No sense there, except to grind for a few hundred points.
    Yeah, there was a bug that gave everyone super easy missions that seems to have been corrected now. Everyone is seeing a level increase.
  • Hulk11
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    Hulk11 wrote:

I know the point you are speaking of and one of the best ways to remedy this is to be part of a decent alliance, if you already are, then essentially you are in the stage of waiting or spending. If top 10 is too tough, just aim for top 25, all the covers come around eventually.

How does being in alliance change the gameplay?

Right now I don't have the loki to take on the extra enemies in pve, so that's holding me up a bit.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulk11 wrote:

Just like to add that the maggia in pve are juiced up to lvl 90. Complete hp drain fail.
    There are 2 ways to progress in this and every other game like it, TIME or MONEY. You aren't going to be handed anything
  • Hulk11
    edited December 2014
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    Hulk11 wrote:

There are 2 ways to progress in this and every other game like it, TIME or MONEY. You aren't going to be handed anything

Yeah I get that, you get robbed out of rewards with this pve though. Top 50 only get the new covers. Is that really how we have to play to get anything on here? We all know it's gonna be hellaciously hard to get more covers and the iso after this event to even make this a relevent option to grind in. Obviously the top players are gonna steal away the rewards by whatever means necessary, and then probably buy the covers after this. It's just a pay to win system only, and also stresses paying to play as well.

More popular games, allow plenty of gameplay without paying incredible amounts of money. I'm not saying they are better games or not, but on an even level, you get gameplay time, and potential rewards on a lot more games for less.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hulk11 wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    Hulk11 wrote:

Yeah I get that, you get robbed out of rewards with this pve though. Top 50 only get the new covers. Is that really how we have to play to get anything on here? We all know it's gonna be hellaciously hard to get more covers and the iso after this event to even make this a relevent option to grind in. Obviously the top players are gonna steal away the rewards by whatever means necessary, and then probably buy the covers after this. It's just a pay to win system only, and also stresses paying to play as well.
    This is a new star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png character. Would you prefer only top 2 earn a 4 star like normal?
  • Hulk11
    Options
    Good point, but 4 stars are becoming the new 3. There's plenty of discussion on how this cover shouldn't even be 4 stars. So that probably explains why. Still we all know how hard it will be to even rank that cover up, let alone the prospects of getting it, in this hellstorm of raiding the pve. There really isn't a better way to not only release new content??? But to actually even get it.

Does anyone even play league of legends? You can directly buy new content or with time have points to earn it. The simplest concept and a far more successful game. Why keep this game in the stone-age cause of bad practices.
  • Hulk11 wrote:
    It sounds like you're at the point where PVP is only playable to a couple hundred, and PVE is hard due to lack of a 2* roster. If you've already gotten all the covers from prologue, the best spot for you is probably lightning rounds, and trying to get the 2* covers dropped from PVP. The first few battles in lightning round are usually seed teams, which should be comparable to your roster.

I'm wondering, what are you using for battling goons anyways? Iron Man 35 + Black Widow + Storm? Are they maxed level?

Also, thanks for posting; there aren't too many 1*-2* transitioners who post on the forums; the game experience is way different for people who don't have maxed x-forces.
  • Hulk11
    Options
    Sorry, I never posted my roster. I am good on two star covers the trouble is 3 stars and now 4s. This is usually new content only, and since this game progresses only by using new content it's extremely hard to even battle for new covers without first obtaining relatively new content to begin with. How exactly are we really expected to get this stuff when it's taken by far more paying and hard core players. It alienates a lot us us from even obtaining essential parts to the game. The only other way is taking chances on cover packs for new content. That's just not feasible or a logical approach to getting any of the new content on this game.
  • If I could give one piece of advice to any relatively new players, it's to just be patient. Covers, Iso and HP will come in time. I've spent $5 about 400 days ago and I now have 10+ maxed 3*s and I place as high as I feel the need to. The guys that grind or pay their way to the top will slowly burn out.
  • Hulk11
    Options
    I see. How many elektra covers will you have after this event? I assume you won't buy any, so this will just be a place holder for events.
  • Juiced up to level 90? thats brutal man, i don't know how to help you.

The 2 Stars who are beating out veterans in PvE must be playing a different game than you.
  • Hulk11
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    Juiced up to level 90? thats brutal man, i don't know how to help you.

The 2 Stars who are beating out veterans in PvE must be playing a different game than you.

I don't even know what your referencing here, other than you probably have no advice period. Yeah the levels got bumped up, we already figured that out. Also having level 90 enemies is pretty dam high considering 3 stars max at 166, and few have 4 stars maxed yet, very few compared to all the players I imagine. Most probably expect to be able to use 2 Stars but at level 90 enemies who cares since they only max 94.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Hulk11 wrote:
    PPPlaya wrote:
    Juiced up to level 90? thats brutal man, i don't know how to help you.

I don't even know what your referencing here, other than you probably have no advice period. Yeah the levels got bumped up, we already figured that out. Also having level 90 enemies is pretty dam high considering 3 stars max at 166, and few have 4 stars maxed yet, very few compared to all the players I imagine. Most probably expect to be able to use 2 Stars but at level 90 enemies who cares since they only max 94.
    The thing is the levels are individual. You see level 90 enemies, those with 166s might get level 150 or more. Two-star players with the required character tends to perform very well in PvE since they face a lot easier opposition.
  • I take it you have never fought a lvl 395 LThor before. And you also must have missed the Gauntlet.
  • Hulk11
    Options
    PPPlaya wrote:
    I take it you have never fought a lvl 395 LThor before. And you also must have missed the Gauntlet.

That's just laughable material right there. Definitely passed on the gauntlet, sold off my ms marvel a week ago, and the rewards looked bad, did some but took more time in pvp.