I learned my lesson; don't spend money on this game!

Options

Comments

• Nemek wrote:
    The problem with listening to users is that they are very short sighted and are more interested in immediate gratification and not what's best for the future of the game.
    The problem with this move is that it isn't good for the future of the game at all.

I would be interested to see the split for paying players that are forum members vs non-forum members. If so many people on the forums are saying they won't spend another dime, it would not surprise me if any paying non-forum member uninstalls immediately.

Perpetually left out in the dark, no idea how any of the complicated scoring system works, no idea how to ideally build characters, possibly using HP inefficiently, and now the character they've dropped $100 on is worse than Thor.
  • Nemek wrote:
    The problem with listening to users is that they are very short sighted and are more interested in immediate gratification and not what's best for the future of the game.

Agreed. But given that out of the four major character changes we've seen thus far (Loki, Spiderman, C Storm, Ragnarok) one has been an improvement and three have been character destroying (or nearly destroying in the case of C Storm -- it's only because her other two powers are decent she's still useful) nerfs... I don't think they know what the best for the future of the game is either.
  • BigMao
    BigMao Posts: 117
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Nemek wrote:

I acknowledge I don't know what's best for the future of this game. In order to make a good product, developers and publishers need a balance of their own skills / experience and user feedback. I'm sure they are weighing the costs and benefits of this nerf, but it's up to us to determine the costs and tell the developers this move isn't worth it.

My claim is simple; unannounced and heavy-handed nerfs make this game less fun for players, and make customers less willing to spend money. It can ruin the game for me and that's all I'm qualified to say.
  • Lucky girl wrote:
    gobstopper wrote:
    Refund Policy is a bare minimum - A stickied post in Dev Notes section that makes it clear that hero buffs/nerfs can occur, but offer compensation for those who want it. Like in this case, offer to take back the covers / ISO sold in exchange for HP. This costs Devs nothing since the real $ has already been spent.
    Actually it would costs them.. time.. a lot! For hulk event I saw around 65k players and lets say only 2k from them and I believe it may be much more players want to take on this offer.. some ppl have different lvl of rag, they have to manually go in each account and do it.. 2k times.. which doesn't exactly qualify as dream job day lol icon_e_wink.gif
    Other than that I absolutely agree with you - they messed up and they have to offer some kind of compensation.
    I think keeping the playerbase content is the most important intangible for microtrans games like this. And really it's not that intangible, customer service is a basic fundamental of business
  • BigMao
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:
    I think keeping the playerbase content is the most important intangible for microtrans games like this. And really it's not that intangible, customer service is a basic fundamental of business

I agree entirely. I sent feedback to D3 Publisher through the Google Docs (in-game link) and the email address. I'll keep folks posted on whether I receive a response tomorrow.
  • DumDumDugn wrote:
    It's OK, at least me and you have high level spidey and mags lol =/ and now wasted high level widows...sigh

hey dumdumdugn, that was a good Doom lighting round last night.
  • Time is money. Dont spend time on this game.

Instead of adding new characters and skills to increase the complexity of the game and to make possible new strategies and character combos, the developers decide to nerf to oblivion each powerful character and make the players spend time/money to raise other characters and hope that they are not nerfed too.

I am not going to waste more time on this game, there are plenty of other options that have much better support and gameplay depth
  • BigMao
    Options
    I agree, time is money, and I'd be just as dismayed - perhaps even more so - if I had invested the time to obtain Ragnarok for "free".

The difference is that D3 Publisher is more likely to listen to a paying customer, though I believe all players equally deserve to be refunded for their investment.

After all, this is a game which is supposed to be fun for the players, it is not the stock market.
  • singsin wrote:
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    It's OK, at least me and you have high level spidey and mags lol =/ and now wasted high level widows...sigh

hey dumdumdugn, that was a good Doom lighting round last night.

good for you, you got a top 2 icon_lol.gif
  • I actually spent moneyto buy 2 red covers for Ragnarok some time ago, but I'm more concerned about the future gameplay mechanics than about my investment. Why spend more time on it when the trend is to destroy any interesting character combos or strategies? Boring
  • BigMao
    Options
    I know, right? It isn't fun, and having fun is the whole reason for being here. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    BigMao wrote:
    Lucky girl wrote:
    I have a friend that plays online games like this and his rule is to never pays money for them. I will quote him: "I don't want to give money for bits and bytes."
    Quite so, all these consumer items today are so short-lived, which is why I only buy items made out of treated lumber and stainless steel. I play MPQ on a phone I whittled from a piece of 2x4.

Something doesn't need to be tangible in order to be valuable - I'm sure we all know know that. I'm a developer of software myself, and if not for this fact I'd be out of a job.

I figure the money I spend on the game pays for the game to continue and for the entertainment value I receive. The actual covers themselves have no monetary value to me.

Which is good because otherwise I would be distraught at the number of Crapton America covers I get.
  • Really disappointing... I've spent money on the game (purely for cover slots) but I grinded for weeks to dump my ISO into a 4 red rags to be competitive... I was crushed tonight when my synergy crashed and burned... I wish they'd refund my ISO and rare cover slots....
  • fudgecake
    Options
    This is the kind of thing that signals an end to a good game. Lack of transparency and disregard for it's player base. Bringing about a Ragnarok nerf was probably the one of the most discussed topic on this board, and the majority of people agreed that a nerf was needed, and to completely ignore any discussion that was made is disturbing, hell at this point I wish I could've sold the individual covers. It bring a bad precedent of balancing to balance the game, and balancing to make money off the game (severely nerfing/replacing what was best and introducing a new "best"). Whether or not this is the case now, I've seen it happen enough in other games where you have to start to drop money to really keep up. Ragnarok aside the additional HP nerf bugs me in the same way, theres no reason to it besides "it gives people another way to not spend money." Now I've spent about 50$ to support this game, and up until now I haven't regretted it, and I hope I'm proven wrong but if prior experience taught me anything we might get a wave on uninstalls in the next coming months, myself included.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    "&#91 wrote: »
    "]I actually spent moneyto buy 2 red covers for Ragnarok some time ago, but I'm more concerned about the future gameplay mechanics than about my investment. Why spend more time on it when the trend is to destroy any interesting character combos or strategies? Boring

Because Rag combos weren't interesting. You didn't need a combo he was that good. Sure you could try to find a slightly better way to use green than on his green ability, but that was just gravy. Or you could use Daken to upgrade your damage through green cascades. But he didn't need any help

I was more disappointed when they removed Venom's ability to devour the entire opposition team. I could use a 5 black Venom 5 blue Spidey to devour a rag/doom/mag 40k +hp group in record time. Computer couldn't defend with it worth a damn though so I gave all the points back in losses/retaliations.
  • Eddiemon wrote:
    "]I actually spent moneyto buy 2 red covers for Ragnarok some time ago, but I'm more concerned about the future gameplay mechanics than about my investment. Why spend more time on it when the trend is to destroy any interesting character combos or strategies? Boring

Because Rag combos weren't interesting. You didn't need a combo he was that good. Sure you could try to find a slightly better way to use green than on his green ability, but that was just gravy. Or you could use Daken to upgrade your damage through green cascades. But he didn't need any help

I was more disappointed when they removed Venom's ability to devour the entire opposition team. I could use a 5 black Venom 5 blue Spidey to devour a rag/doom/mag 40k +hp group in record time. Computer couldn't defend with it worth a damn though so I gave all the points back in losses/retaliations.

I was thinking of the "character combo" with GSBW or with M/C.Storm to fuel their green skills. I think that is much more interesting to be able to have teams that work well together and can use different strategies rather than 3 independent characters that dont support each other. It is similar to what you say about venom, it was also a strategy requiring 2 characters (spidey/venom) and it was nerfed.
  • Eddiemon wrote:

Who are you to judge which combos are interesting or not?

And yes you did need to combo him with somebody that used green better. In a vacuum, Rag was worse than Mags and Spidey.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Come on, who didn't see this coming? Ragnarok was by far the most complained about and overpowered character in the game. That's why I didn't try to level him because I knew it was going to happen. His red is still effective to the point where it is how it should have been since the beginning with a huge increase in damage. I still think he's usable but they should really give him another strong color for tile matching, since the recent nerf.
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    Come on, who didn't see this coming? Ragnarok was by far the most complained about and overpowered character in the game. That's why I didn't try to level him because I knew it was going to happen. His red is still effective to the point where it is how it should have been since the beginning with a huge increase in damage. I still like him.

Nobody saw a 300% increase in AP cost coming, sorry.

His red is still effective with a huge increase in damage? You just lost all credibility. It does 8xx damage at level 115. Thor does 1113 at level 85.
  • GT-47LM wrote:
    Come on, who didn't see this coming? Ragnarok was by far the most complained about and overpowered character in the game. That's why I didn't try to level him because I knew it was going to happen. His red is still effective to the point where it is how it should have been since the beginning with a huge increase in damage. I still think he's usable but they should really give him another strong color for tile matching, since the recent nerf.

lmao at this post - Compare Thor's Red to Rag's and come back.
    HUGE increase in damage?