I learned my lesson; don't spend money on this game!

Options
BigMao
BigMao Posts: 117
edited January 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Since my last post (http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2007), I spent $100 to purchase a red Ragnarok cover and level it to 5. (15,000 HP for three Diabolical Packs to get my first cover, then 5,000 HP more to level it). Scarcely four hours after my purchase, the character was made useless. If you're laughing because I made a bad decision, you may be right; I should not have spent my money on a product that can be made obsolete arbitrarily and without notice.

I've learned my lesson, and D3 Publisher will not see any more of my money.

Comments

• I've wasted something more precious than money...time. I feel for you though.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You should ask customer support for a refund, they might listen given the abruptness of this nerf.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    DumDumDugn wrote:
    I've wasted something more precious than money...time. I feel for you though.

This. I was seriously looking into how to deposit money to tip the devs. Wont be doing that now. Lost the trust that they would be fair, and I wont support that.
  • Well it was a bad decision either way to spend 100 dollars on it but I feel for you. It makes no sense to buy iso to level characters, buy packs, or anything else.
  • I did similar and am getting more furious as I type and read other messages. Gameplay should be balanced but not changed when actual dollar investments are at stake. I didn't spend as much as you but I would say this is a good lesson learned and as great IceIX was in reaching out to the player base here...I'm going to very hesitant in spending or investing another dollar in this game. That really makes me sad because I have been playing since the beginning and wanted to support this app.
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    i feel for you bro. its **** when you make an investment under one set of rules and then the rules are changed with no thought or respect for you.

personally, i only spent HP to upgrade my last 2 red rags covers...and that was pretty early in the game, so i got plenty out of him being so OP for so long.. i still think its **** what has been done to rags. good luck to us all in the future. marc
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    Blackflag wrote:
    Well it was a bad decision either way to spend 100 dollars on it but I feel for you. It makes no sense to buy iso to level characters, buy packs, or anything else.

If you like the game, putting money in the way to thank the devs. But you have to trust that it wont be flushed down the **** to do that, and we've lost that trust (Loki, C.Storm, Rag....next is C.Mag).
  • BigMao
    Options
    I'm sad to hear that many of us spent invested time or money only for it to be immediately wasted. The heavy-handedness of this nerf simply takes a lot of fun out of the game.

Those of us who are paying customers should speak with our wallets, since money is the only language that businessmen can hear.
  • You should ask customer support for a refund, they might listen given the abruptness of this nerf.

After I saw the rag nerf I loaded my game, clicked the little envelope icon and did exactly that. I bought a product from them and they broke it. They hulk smashed it. And I am left with the remains and it is now useless to me.

I spent money to speed up the gameplay because I am a mom of 3 boys under six years old and rarely get more than a minute or two to play. And they did it AFTER they sold me a five pack of diabolical covers yesterday. I never would have bought that cover pack with rags how it is now.
  • BigMao wrote:
    I'm sad to hear that many of us spent invested time or money only for it to be immediately wasted. The heavy-handedness of this nerf simply takes a lot of fun out of the game.

Those of us who are paying customers should speak with our wallets, since money is the only language that businessmen can hear.

i surely dont feel very much like playing right now. im sure some.folks will leave over this. i probably wont, but only time will tell
  • Try sending a ticket to mobilesupport@d3p.us...someone said its faster than using the ingame help ticket (I sent in a ticket about another issue a while ago and it still hasn't been resolved yet)

They may be able to offer a refund or something. If not, take it as a good lesson about where you spend your money (and your time).
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    Blackflag wrote:
    Well it was a bad decision either way to spend 100 dollars on it but I feel for you. It makes no sense to buy iso to level characters, buy packs, or anything else.

If you like the game, putting money in the way to thank the devs. But you have to trust that it wont be flushed down the **** to do that, and we've lost that trust (Loki, C.Storm, Rag....next is C.Mag).

Yep just stick with what most casual players use Thor/Wolv/random hero.
  • I have a friend that plays online games like this and his rule is to never pays money for them. I will quote him: "I don't want to give money for bits and bytes."
  • You shouldn't feel bad about it. Don't consider the 100$ as being used to buy a character in particular, but to as a contribution for the development of the game. A contribution that you don't just make for yourself, but for all of us. For that we have to thank you.
  • I spent money on thunderclap covers. I bought them maybe an hour or two before the nerf. If I don't get my hero points refunded(not money) then I refuse to donate any more money.
  • BigMao wrote:

I agree with you, and it's really terrible timing for something like this. I'll echo that you should try to contact support and hopefully they can help you out.
  • BigMao wrote:
    I'm sad to hear that many of us spent invested time or money only for it to be immediately wasted.
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Immediately wasted? Time wasted? Sorry, this is incredibly flawed thinking. If you've had 5 red Rags for any length of time, you've had the opportunity to enjoy using him for that length of time. And I think it's safe to assume that using him allowed you to build up many more characters via placing high in events, especially Lightning Rounds.

Should people that spent real $ upgrading Rags be compensated? Definitely. But to say that the nerf means you've wasted time playing the game is ridiculous.
  • gobstopper wrote:
    BigMao wrote:
    I'm sad to hear that many of us spent invested time or money only for it to be immediately wasted.
    DumDumDugn wrote:

Immediately wasted? Time wasted? Sorry, this is incredibly flawed thinking. If you've had 5 red Rags for any length of time, you've had the opportunity to enjoy using him for that length of time. And I think it's safe to assume that using him allowed you to build up many more characters via placing high in events, especially Lightning Rounds.

Should people that spent real $ upgrading Rags be compensated? Definitely. But to say that the nerf means you've wasted time playing the game is ridiculous.

I dumped 70,000 ISOS into grey widow 2 days ago, who I will no longer use with this Rag nerf.

Do you know how long it takes to farm 70,000 ISOS?

You're right about Ragnarok himself; I've had him for about a month. I have no right to complain about him directly.
  • BigMao
    Options
    Yes, this was an important lesson for me - as they say, let the buyer beware.

In response to the above post, I think it's fair for us to collectively reward developers / publishers that provide fun games. That's how I justify paying for games, and I am happy when other players benefit by having a good game. In contrast, the nerf makes me feel like I was cheated / swindled out of my money, and so I find them undeserving of further reward. If they continue to take the fun out of this game, our best interests as players is to move on.
  • I'm sorry guys, this is all my fault. Last week I bought the $5 HP pack purely as a tip to the devs.

And the saga of games turning to **** after I spend money on IAP continues.

I guess I should've at least waited for some rep to come back to the forums. Really, the complete lack of communication pisses me off far, far more than a single nerf.