Balance of Power is how the game should be

Options
13»

Comments

• Howzat
    Howzat Posts: 31
    Options
    I don't interpret people saying levels shouldn't exist so you get your level 1 20 min revive Jugs.

What about if all characters could be maxed at the same level regardless of star rating? Sure they would have different base starting levels like current, but if i wanted to drop the necessary iso to get Jugs to 270, or any other character, and live with the revive time that came with that high level would that be a bad thing?
  • Balance of Power should just have all your characters go to 100% health at the beginning of every fight to avoid the level 1 characters healing too fast.

Beyond the way-too-fast-regen issue I don't think Balance of Power is any better or worse than the average event. It's merely a different set of overpowered characters compared to normal and they do highlight how a lot of characters are never meant to be balanced if they could reach certain levels.
  • I think the event forces a focus on long drawn out battles, strengthening characters with healing (true or fake), high hp, rainbow active teams, and weakening particular burst characters. The CStorm/MNMags/Mawkeye combo suffers in a long battle due to Mawkeye's pink hogging. Shields can be annoying if you don't use strikes.

Mystique definitely seems better overlevelled, particularly with MNMags. In a long battle, I think I created more than 20 crits; it's not uncommon to make 10 or more actions in a row. It somehow feels more satisfying to deny the AI any moves.
  • F2P players love this event. Whales hate it.

Thats why it wont change. People who spend gobs of money on this game have no advantage in this mode.
  • Phantron wrote:
    Balance of Power should just have all your characters go to 100% health at the beginning of every fight to avoid the level 1 characters healing too fast.
    Or just go back to the way they did it the first time they ran BOP where everyone's max was 270 but they were scaled proportionally to the "real" level they were in your roster
  • For me, most of the appeal in puzzle quest is the progression and the fact that that progression matters. Removing progression from the game is extremely short sighted and lacks even the most remote hint of longevity.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    bonebreak wrote:
    People who spend gobs of money on this game have no advantage in this mode.

Sure they do.

People who spend lots can still shield hop more, which means they can still drive their scores higher. They might have to spend more this event because killing is a bit slower, but spending gobs on shields is independent of team compositions.

The lack of a season incentive and Cap rewards (an older character) is what will keep the spending down, sort of.
  • gamar wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Balance of Power should just have all your characters go to 100% health at the beginning of every fight to avoid the level 1 characters healing too fast.
    Or just go back to the way they did it the first time they ran BOP where everyone's max was 270 but they were scaled proportionally to the "real" level they were in your roster

I think in the past they just added (270- that character's level cap) so a level 1 Juggernaut would still be level 231 in BOP and having super regen probably makes up for those 39 levels. But if you do it proportionally then a level 1 Juggernaut is still a level 1 Juggernaut and that wouldn't give you much incentive to try him out which sort of defeats the point of event.
  • Phantron wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

I think in the past they just added (270- that character's level cap) so a level 1 Juggernaut would still be level 231 in BOP and having super regen probably makes up for those 39 levels. But if you do it proportionally then a level 1 Juggernaut is still a level 1 Juggernaut and that wouldn't give you much incentive to try him out which sort of defeats the point of event.

If your lvl 1 Jugg is fully covered, he does the same as a maxed one in BoP.
  • As a vet player I despise this event. It basically makes anybody and everybody easy targets. It's great for new-middle tier players and trying out character you may not have the ISO for yet, but BOP is typically a PVP vacation for me.
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    gamar wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

If your lvl 1 Jugg is fully covered, he does the same as a maxed one in BoP.

I think these guys were talking about hypothetical ways to mitigate the advantage offered by keeping characters at level 1 for BoP.
  • i openly admit to despising this mode but there are a few things the devs could do for this event only to make it more fun.

1. make everyone's regen time from dead to full standard across the board. a lvl 1 juggs that regens to full in less than an hour is ridiculous. it should be 2 hours per character, no matter what. that way you will always have characters available and it helps to compensate for the extreme damage that is taken and received each fight. without this change the event might as well be called "no balance with lvl 1 juggs and health pack destroying power"

2. keep the 270 level cap for all characters intact but make each character proportionately equal to their actual level. a real lvl 1 juggs would only be 67 in bop for example or a lvl 100 mystique would only be approximately lvl 160 in the event.