ISO-8 Brotherhood: Easy/Impossible or Easy/Really Easy?

Options
DrStrange-616
DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
edited December 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Are the devs aware of the buggy nodes in this PVE? Some early slices are reporting the India sub scaling is crazy low - 40lvl for hard. Personally, my scaling is pretty tough. I can manage only the essentials and even those are a risk to life and limb and they're only at normal.

What's your India like?

I'm sure it's too late to fix for this pve, but I'd love a buggy sub or two next time. I might have a ghosty chance of hitting the progressions then.

TYIA. icon_e_smile.gif

Comments

• mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm in the 4th slice (regular time, Tuesday midnight end) and it's really easy with level40 guys in the hard sub. I definitely prefer it over the over-scaled ones with level300+ guys.

Why is it so hard for these devs to get this right? They've had so much time to figure this out
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It seems like each slice is scaled off the one that opened previously.
    The latter you start the harder your scaling
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm in the Weds midnight slice and the first node in India is Normal/all 104s.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm in the 4th slice (regular time, Tuesday midnight end) and it's really easy with level40 guys in the hard sub. I definitely prefer it over the over-scaled ones with level300+ guys.

Why is it so hard for these devs to get this right? They've had so much time to figure this out
    I'm playing slice 4 and my Hard nodes are 120+

2* roster with 2 level 99 3*
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options

i'm in the same time slice as you & have the same experience... kind of nice not to have to use 5 health packs every clear... lets me get some pvp time in too!
  • Salgy
    Salgy Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options

i'm in the same time slice as you & have the same experience... kind of nice not to have to use 5 health packs every clear... lets me get some pvp time in too!
  • Ludaa
    Ludaa Posts: 542
    Options
    Time slice 4

Algeria essentials at lvl105-114

India essentials at lvl150, first clear
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I think I'm in the first slice, can't recall. I'm in Asia and this is set to end at 8am US time. The first group of subs was standard, the easy could be run through in 5 minutes, and the hard was scaling to lvl160 Ares for me, with his goon friends.

The last two subs? Well, that is a bit of a different story. My HARD levels are 40, so you can guess that the easy is a joke. I can tear through the subs, but so can everyone else.

My guess is that the slices are going to have growing pains, just like they did in PvP. My bracket is going to be pretty sparsely populated, drawing from Asia, Australia and some of Europe. I see the same with my PvP experience, but there it is a hindrance with the lack of high value targets. Here, the scores are going to be lower, but the progressions are still reachable and the smaller pool of participants should mean a smaller pool of hardcore players.

Works for me! icon_cool.gif
  • End time: Tuesday 6:00 pm Eastern

Easy/Easy for me. My Sudan sub had level 40 chars guarding the 1000 ISO node.

10 minute clears, no health pack usage & 400 hp/day. Eventually this will get boring, but I'm really enjoying it now.
  • every 12 hours there are two sub events.
    One with super easy nodes, and one with very annoying nodes.
    I end top10 for the easy one and top300 for the other one. Getting 100 HP each time total.
    Other players play both and get top50 twice, also getting 100 HP every 12 hours, doesnt matter much.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    In the first end time, third and fourth set of subs were very easy. Fifth set is just one sub, Russia, and it's also very easy.
  • Slice 4

Algeria essentials 83-91

India essentials 150-153

I think they've both dropped a bit - I think Algeria started at over 100, India close to 180.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    EFF U devs! Had i known that it will be scaled up based on first slice I wouldn't have taken the last one. Keep getting wiped out.
  • Square
    Square Posts: 380 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I don't remember which I took, but I think it was the fifth. In Russia, there isn't one over level 29. Ridiculously easy.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    Square wrote:
    I don't remember which I took, but I think it was the fifth. In Russia, there isn't one over level 29. Ridiculously easy.

If Russia is open, you are in the first slice. The other ones are still on earlier subs.
  • kensterr
    kensterr Posts: 1,277 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Devs just give everyone Green Gamora and be done with this PVE. Obviously scaling isn't consistent and fair to everyone
  • Taganov
    Taganov Posts: 279 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I took the earliest start/finish. It's been a complete snooze. Doubt I'll even get all the progression awards since the points seem low too.
  • I think I'm on the 4th slice (9pm PST ending time) and the levels are like 10-40 for easy/hard.

By the way, did people notice that in the first two sub the essentials on the easy sub was way too high? It would be like, 15, 20, 30 for the nonessentials and the essentials would be 150. It isn't hard but definitely way out of the line for an easy sub not to mention essentials typically have lower levels than the hardest nodes of the same sub.
  • While this is certainly bug, having faceroll/stressfree (or at least easier than general, or Gauntlet) PvE when PvP Season is ending and everyone is grinding up simulator is something that devs should certainly consider. Lets you do both if you so desire and is nice change of pace.

Sorry for people stuck with 'standard' difficulty nodes, 150 Ares with double green feeders must not be pretty. Wonder if they can notice who was stuck in that positions and send at least some 'cheer up' for you (even if that would be token or two and some HP, given mad 'reward' for being guinea pig for matchmaking).
  • This is a very light version of "ISO-8 Brotherhood"
    For "time shard" testing purpose,I believe they purposely make it easy even in the hard sub. Which is good, so don't complain or assuming that's a bug.
    They know for the past week, PVE's burn most player out, they won't take further risk.