I don't mind losing but....

13»

Comments

• Lerysh wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    They need to add
    Masterstroke: ends turn

This is actually not a bad idea and on par with the power level, but only while shapeshifted. If you added this, I'd also add Masterstroke does not consume teh Shapeshift, it stays out.
    Nerfing characters because they are good when paired with two goons feeding them 4 of every AP is not a good idea.
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    simonsez wrote:
    Wonko33 wrote:
    Unfair? give me a break, it's a challenge. First unfair doesn't equal cheating and they can't program the AI to be as smart as you
    Are you serious? You're telling me that people can program software to beat a Grandmaster at chess, but they can't make it play a match3 game well? That's beyond silly, even if you didn't already know that the devs have dumbed down the AI on purpose because people accused it of cheating.

Bottom line, there's no reason why one side in a match3 game should get free AP. To continue the chess analogy, it's like having one player get a free pawn after every 5 moves.

there is not much randomness to chess, they just load up tons of data about games and openings that were played before and some computing power to check all possibilities beyond the amount of moves that human can do. And I don't think it is cost effective for this company to invest all this time to have a perfect AI so that they can remove the goons.

Also the goons don't make any matches, you can set up the board the way you want, plan healing and match-5 as soon as you dispose of the playable characters, that is biased toward the player as well. One side should be able to start with some AP already either, one side should not have damages boosts either, how many times have you beaten much better teams in PvP because the AI is terrible? They need an edge to make it fun, they do it in PvE not to unbalance PvP.
    I like the challenge of PvE, when they scale so high that I cannot beat them anymore I realize that I've reached the limit of my roster and that people with better rosters will pass me, but should not people with better rosters and/or more playing time finish better than I do? If anyone can beat any node anytime what is the point?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 wrote:
    And I don't think it is cost effective for this company to invest all this time to have a perfect AI
    Transforming "AI as a good as human" to "perfect AI" was a pretty weak attempt at tossing up a strawman, don't you think? Not to mention irrelevant, since we already know that the AI used to be much stronger.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    simonsez wrote:
    Wonko33 wrote:
    And I don't think it is cost effective for this company to invest all this time to have a perfect AI
    Transforming "AI as a good as human" to "perfect AI" was a pretty weak attempt at tossing up a strawman, don't you think? Not to mention irrelevant, since we already know that the AI used to be much stronger.
    Eh, phantron pulls that card all the time, and no one ever seems to care
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Wonko33 wrote:
    It is amazing how many people don't understand that goons generate AP, and that the enemy characters in those teams can use it, oh the AI cheats blah blah blah- please continue not do a second of research before assuming the AI cheats, it makes great threads

But yes Mystique is very powerful with goons feeding her. If you have a hood with 5 blues, try it, you can get your xforce and surgical strike up pretty fast

What is amazing to me is that you don't think anyone but you understands this concept. Of course I know this, I am referring to the fact that no matter how much you deny the purple, blue or black the colors magically fall out of the sky in groups of 4 or even 5 repeatedly. Mystique has a little over 3000HP yet she wipes a team of 17000 HP in about 5 turns most of the time. Makes no sense. I can absorb infiltration a few times but every turn multiple times is a little much. Challenging vs. **** are two separate things. Thanks for the coddling but I understand what's going on.

you are telling me that you have a maxed out xforce and you can't find a way to take out an enemy with 3000 health in 5 turns?