I don't mind losing but....

Comments

• Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    It is amazing how many people don't understand that goons generate AP, and that the enemy characters in those teams can use it, oh the AI cheats blah blah blah- please continue not do a second of research before assuming the AI cheats, it makes great threads

But yes Mystique is very powerful with goons feeding her. If you have a hood with 5 blues, try it, you can get your xforce and surgical strike up pretty fast
  • Wonko33
    fmftint wrote:
    They need to add
    Masterstroke: ends turn

Nah she's fine, not unbalanced for PvP just a challenge in PvE when she's got the right 2 goons feeding her, same can be said of many characters, can you imagine goons feeding black and green to Xforce?
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 wrote:
    It is amazing how many people don't understand that goons generate AP
    I'm not sure it's a lack of understanding rather than recognition that it's completely unfair
  • Wonko33
    simonsez wrote:
    Wonko33 wrote:
    It is amazing how many people don't understand that goons generate AP
    I'm not sure it's a lack of understanding rather than recognition that it's completely unfair

Unfair? give me a break, it's a challenge. First unfair doesn't equal cheating and they can't program the AI to be as smart as you so there are mechanics that gives it an edge, it would be a total borefest if not.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    For essentials below say 130ish, Daken / Blade / Falcon seems optimal. I don't see Patch working as well because he has a dependence on green which can get masterlocked, whereas Falcon's hurr durr get value off of every yellow match prevents the team from ever getting masterlocked. Best part about that team is you have two pretty cheap spells with Daken's blue and Blade's black, neither of which are susceptible to masterstroke. There have been way too many games when I ran XF, got to 6 green AP, then MQ gets a never ending string of masterstrokes denying me from killing her ever again. That's just not possible with Daken / Blade / Falcon.
  • OBW has been an absolute must for me in this PVE. Who she's paired with changes, but always her. I'm actually having much more trouble with Doom than Mystique. Patch can soak the Masterstroke, but Summon Demons doesn't give me the chance, and if I throw out a BR, then I'm double screwed because the attack tiles boost from that.
  • Wonko33
    Fievel wrote:
    OBW has been an absolute must for me in this PVE. Who she's paired with changes, but always her. I'm actually having much more trouble with Doom than Mystique. Patch can soak the Masterstroke, but Summon Demons doesn't give me the chance, and if I throw out a BR, then I'm double screwed because the attack tiles boost from that.
    yes OBW is always the Queen of PvE
  • I've been using maxed 2* Cap, OBW and a 3 green cover maxed Punisher to beat the nodes.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,569 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been using LDaken/Falcon/X-Force for any nodes that have at least two goons, and just powering through with Hood/LCap/X-Force for any node with Doom and Mystique. I've wiped a few times on the hard ones, though. If Doom gets enough black too quickly it's tough, to be sure.
  • Wonko33
    i see good combo teams suggestions here, problem is many people when faced with these "special" nodes just thrown in 3 strong guys without thinking about strategy or any type of synergy between their characters.

That's a good way to have your top guys needing health packs. getting frustrated and coming here starting a new thread
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    I don't know what I'm doing (still pretty green), and don't have anyone over 2* 94. I've been using MNMags/Hawkeye/CStorm with blue/purple boost. If the board is against you, you're "doomed", but othewise, it's been a pretty good trio against much higher level opponents.

/newb
  • Wonko33 wrote:
    It is amazing how many people don't understand that goons generate AP, and that the enemy characters in those teams can use it, oh the AI cheats blah blah blah- please continue not do a second of research before assuming the AI cheats, it makes great threads

But yes Mystique is very powerful with goons feeding her. If you have a hood with 5 blues, try it, you can get your xforce and surgical strike up pretty fast

What is amazing to me is that you don't think anyone but you understands this concept. Of course I know this, I am referring to the fact that no matter how much you deny the purple, blue or black the colors magically fall out of the sky in groups of 4 or even 5 repeatedly. Mystique has a little over 3000HP yet she wipes a team of 17000 HP in about 5 turns most of the time. Makes no sense. I can absorb infiltration a few times but every turn multiple times is a little much. Challenging vs. **** are two separate things. Thanks for the coddling but I understand what's going on.
  • Wonko33 wrote:
    i see good combo teams suggestions here, problem is many people when faced with these "special" nodes just thrown in 3 strong guys without thinking about strategy or any type of synergy between their characters.

That's a good way to have your top guys needing health packs. getting frustrated and coming here starting a new thread

Who am I to question the omnipotent wisdom of the great Wonko33? So sayeth the master of MPQ and it be so. All other opinions be damned as Wonko33 knows all.
  • fmftint wrote:
    They need to add
    Masterstroke: ends turn

This is actually not a bad idea and on par with the power level, but only while shapeshifted. If you added this, I'd also add Masterstroke does not consume teh Shapeshift, it stays out.
  • I tried Daken/Blade/Falcon but it's just unreliable once she goes above 5K HP, especially without having the 5th cover in The Thirst to make your strike tiles generated more reliably. I try to just race to a 3 match move to put her down but Masterstroke can counter that quite well (obvious candidates would be Berserker Rage, X Force, or Fireball which are all covered by Masterstroke). You can't even stop Masterstroke at all with how much black she's getting so your offense is hampered, and if she gets any decent luck on Infiltration (which is also pumped by goons) you can easily be taking 3 moves every turn.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    I tried Daken/Blade/Falcon but it's just unreliable once she goes above 5K HP, especially without having the 5th cover in The Thirst to make your strike tiles generated more reliably. I try to just race to a 3 match move to put her down but Masterstroke can counter that quite well (obvious candidates would be Berserker Rage, X Force, or Fireball which are all covered by Masterstroke). You can't even stop Masterstroke at all with how much black she's getting so your offense is hampered, and if she gets any decent luck on Infiltration (which is also pumped by goons) you can easily be taking 3 moves every turn.
    Yeah, but you can take maybe 2 masterstrokes per character, so it's not TOO bad if you can get it on laken
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 wrote:

Who am I to question the omnipotent wisdom of the great Wonko33? So sayeth the master of MPQ and it be so. All other opinions be damned as Wonko33 knows all.

Saying that he AI cheats is not an opinion, and FYI, it is customary to kneel in my presence, I'll let it slip this time.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Wonko33 wrote:
    Unfair? give me a break, it's a challenge. First unfair doesn't equal cheating and they can't program the AI to be as smart as you
    Are you serious? You're telling me that people can program software to beat a Grandmaster at chess, but they can't make it play a match3 game well? That's beyond silly, even if you didn't already know that the devs have dumbed down the AI on purpose because people accused it of cheating.

Bottom line, there's no reason why one side in a match3 game should get free AP. To continue the chess analogy, it's like having one player get a free pawn after every 5 moves.
  • I ran xforce/lcap/hood and beat those nodes every single time...sometimes a character would get wiped but I think the combo worked well
  • I don't think the devs really thought about the difficulty of certain combination of villian/goon and just figure scaling/boosts would take care of it.