4* Lady Thor for Europeans

Comments

• Moral wrote:
    I'll sympathize with you for almost every other PvE.
    But not this one. No way in hell.
    And that my friends is the Moral of this story.
  • Shouldn't Europeans already be up and getting ready for work by then? I know my wife and I have already been up for roughly an hour or two by 6 am our time. Maybe you can grind when you have your 2 hour tea break or 2-3 hour "lunch" break when you can go home and do whatever you want. Do you think middle of the workday pvp end times are good for us "yanks" or how about 12:00 AM endtime for pve for East Coast "yanks"? Somehow two Londoners in S.H.I.E.L.D managed to place really high in the last pve, odd.
  • Shouldn't Europeans already be up and getting ready for work by then? I know my wife and I have already been up for roughly an hour or two by 6 am our time. Maybe you can grind when you have your 2 hour tea break or 2-3 hour "lunch" break when you can go home and do whatever you want. Do you think middle of the workday pvp end times are good for us "yanks" or how about 12:00 AM endtime for pve for East Coast "yanks"? Somehow two Londoners in S.H.I.E.L.D managed to place really high in the last pve, odd.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    ricin wrote:
    Shouldn't Europeans already be up and getting ready for work by then? I know my wife and I have already been up for roughly an hour or two by 6 am our time. Maybe you can grind when you have your 2 hour tea break or 2-3 hour "lunch" break when you can go home and do whatever you want. Do you think middle of the workday pvp end times are good for us "yanks" or how about 12:00 AM endtime for pve for East Coast "yanks"? Somehow two Londoners in S.H.I.E.L.D managed to place really high in the last pve, odd.

I get up at 6am, so too late....an if I were up and getting ready for work by then, I'd hardly have time to grind, would I. maybe we could switch end times, I'll take your middle of the workday end times any time over 6am end times icon_e_smile.gif

But that isn't even the point. The point is that the end times are like that every - single - time....so if you're in a timezone where it doesn't fit, or work a shift that doesn't fit, etc. you're screwed every time...

but yeah, this specific PVE is hardly the best example to lament this...there have been way worse PVEs (especially those without subs)
  • Is it really that bad if you didnt get the cover? Its a competitive game. The ones that got the covers grinded their **** off. I sure as **** couldnt grind over holiday weekend, so I missed out on top 10. But I did what I could and did get top 50. I imagine most people that got top 50 didn't miss many refreshes.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    bknfoodie wrote:
    Is it really that bad if you didnt get the cover?

Considering that it locks you out of most of the essentials in the re-run that offers Gamora? Yes.
  • I'm all for PVE end times being implemented. Just wanted to point out that this particular PVE was ULTRA competitive. It really didn't matter what time zone you were in. The less refreshes you missed, the higher you placed no matter the end time.

You value sleep more than grinding a game. So do I. There's nothing wrong with that. You just have to accept the result of that decision. After all, it's just a game. It's not the end of the world.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    Guys you didnt see the OPs point. Yes it WAS possible to win Thoress. But it is difference that with same affection and hard work we can be only TOP 10 and you US players TOP 1.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moral wrote:
    Don't tell my wife that those 3 covers were 'gifted' when "that was all I did all weekend".

Congrats on still having a wife.
  • Phillipes
    Phillipes Posts: 431 Mover and Shaker
    ricin wrote:
    Shouldn't Europeans already be up and getting ready for work by then? I know my wife and I have already been up for roughly an hour or two by 6 am our time. Maybe you can grind when you have your 2 hour tea break or 2-3 hour "lunch" break when you can go home and do whatever you want. Do you think middle of the workday pvp end times are good for us "yanks" or how about 12:00 AM endtime for pve for East Coast "yanks"? Somehow two Londoners in S.H.I.E.L.D managed to place really high in the last pve, odd.

Without end-time choosing, which is new feature we had it this way:
    EU
    2 PVPs a week ending at 07.00 am
    1 PVP a week ending 07.00 pm

US west coast
    2 PVPs a week ending 11.00 pm
    1 PVP a week ending 11.00 am

So now tell me who has advantage? I d like you timezone very much, can we swap? icon_lol.gif
  • Because of how competitive this event was you're pretty much always operating in the realm without rubberband. At this region, the time zone difference is negligble as long as the total number of hours both players lost due to stuff like sleep is the same. Now I haven't worked out the timezone so it is quite possible people on certain timezone end up losing more time to sleep than others, though you should be able to get around this by starting the event when you first wake up on the first day since at this point nobody should have a meaningful lead on you.
  • ballingbees
    ballingbees Posts: 208 Tile Toppler
    I've heard the last and only time they ran the same PVE end to end was for Hulk (Ep2?). No interval in between, so it's one end time for each end of the world.

Let's see if they at least have the grace to do the same once more.

Guess not.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    I was really lucky in the end.
    I went to bed with an hour and a half to go rank 30. Figured I might squeak by. Woke up thinking I probably hadn't, like I'd be 52nd or something agonisingly close.

I was exactly 50th. The guy behind me was about 200 points short of overtaking me. I imagine he was kicking himself.
  • lokiagentofhotness
    lokiagentofhotness Posts: 192 Tile Toppler
    _RiO_ wrote:
    bknfoodie wrote:
    Is it really that bad if you didnt get the cover?

Considering that it locks you out of most of the essentials in the re-run that offers Gamora? Yes.

top 100 in alliances would have gotten the cover already, yes?

i do understand that's a small percentage of players as well, but there's a chance people who missed out on the top 50 got that one at least.

also as other people have pointed out, i am pretty sure very few people in the top 10 got any sleep at all, no matter which time-zone they were on.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Phillipes wrote:
    ricin wrote:

EU

US west coast

So now tell me who has advantage? I d like you timezone very much, can we swap? icon_lol.gif

I would have happily taken either of those. You could have my two ending at 3:30 pm, one ending 3:30 am.
  • Killinstinct
    Killinstinct Posts: 99 Match Maker
    I finished 50th with only 22 point ahead. I dropped 30 places in the last 4 hours because I needed the sleep. With normal times it would have been pretty easy to get a cover.
  • Look, we all know you yanks are mentally ****!
    1 in 4 of you can't even point to your own country on a map let alone Iraq or the middle east where your friendly fire kills more allies than it does enemies, but basically there's a thing in the world called time zones!
    If go to bed at midnight and wake up in the morning then you are not losing any sleep (and deserve to be shot for making such an imbecilic accusation!) But stay with me;
    Midnight for you = 5am in England.
    Going to bed at 5am and waking up at 6.30am for a full days shift isn't the same! I repeat, IS NOT the same as sleeping from midnight till 6.30! If you need me to count the number of hours for you then please just ask (I know its difficult!)
    Trying to claim you are a hardcore yank gamer or have a wife (yeah right icon_lol.gif ) and stay up till midnight because you're a badass is equally not the same.
    You voted George W. Bush to lead you... Twice!!! Its obvious you don't have the mental capacity to make informed decisions and somehow think your opinions are going to be taken seriously by the normal, sensible, down to earth people of the old world.
    Please stay out of world affairs that don't concern you... And this topic. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    This is why we can't have nice things
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Phillipes wrote:
    EU

US west coast

you forgot that the much more relevant issue is PVE. In PVP you can at least take some measures to balance this out (grind early, shield, etc.) In PVE there's just nothing you can to other than getting up in the middle of the night.

and there's only one time slot:

6am for Europeans, 10 PM for your timezone. I know which one I'd prefer icon_e_smile.gif

also it seems the OP is trying to live up to his name with each post...next he'll post in capitals (and green).
  • Also, that's 5am finish time for the UK which translates to 3am 'waking up time' if you want to compete for the top 10 positions. If anyone has a job that involves waking up at 3am to go to work, before actually going to work until 5pm/6pm then... well, get a different job.

Most PvE's you can happily do a 'double clear' through the night if the sub isn't finishing that day and happily compete for a top spot. For the 4Thor PvE you really had no other choice than to walk up during the night to keep in the hunt for top 5 or 10. I can appreciate that was almost as hard on the Americans as the rest of us (almost).

Sub/Main event finish times are a different beast entirely. It's not the same as walking up, doing a clear and then going back to sleep - you're grinding manically for 1.5 to 2hrs straight. After that it's very hard to get back to sleep again, even if you had time.

This whole argument is very tired (no pun intended) and I just wish the Dev's would hurry up and implement time sliced PvE so we could all just get on with the game rather than trade petty insults.