How many Rocket & Groot covers are you trying to get in PVE?

Options
13»

Comments

• SandsTheMan
    Options
    Linkster79 wrote:
    With the event itself ending at 5am and every sub ending at 5am it sort of deflates you from the get go so I haven't even bothered with it. I am aiming for none which is a shame as the character really interests me. Sadly it has also bollocksed me for the next PvE as I will be at a distinct disadvantage by not being able to do any essential nodes.

Yup this, in the UK I've come to terms with not getting this cover and being at a disadvantage for the next event
  • Guaranteed 2 going for 3. Was top 5 yesterday but couldn't play for over 12hr so I'm now rank 12. Was as low as 22. 3rd cover would be great cuz rocket and groot's yellow is op
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Options
    Between work / sleep and having fun things and errands to do on the weekend I don't even try to keep up with top 50 in PvE anymore, especially if it falls on a weekend. New charecter grinds on week long events are often far more effort than they are worth (for me personally). I did it for Beast, I did it for Doc Oc, and those weren't worth the time and sacrifice. I put in a little extra for mystique because she looked fun, same with blade. Groot looks ok.

I will be happy with my 1 cover for top 150 and another from allaince, and am grinding more for allaince to get points than trying to get a higher placement for myself. Will that extra cover give me leverage in the next PvE where the race to Lady Thor (for # 1 and #2 only I assume)? No. Is Groot the next Sentry or Hoood? Nope. So I will chill on it. I find I enjoy the game more now that I have resigned I'm not giving up the extra 10+ hours a week to try and get the one extra cover, that may even be a 3 cover skill and not a 4 or 5 in an end game spec for that charecter. It's not worth it for me, and not worth it to try and keep up with people who are setting alarms and who are able to log in every 2 hours.

I'm not bitter about it, and don't mean to come off that way. You folks go hard and enjoy! I'm thinking I still will be o.k. if I don't have a maxed out groot sitting in my roster without enough ISO to level anyway...lol.

I nearly quit this game becuase it was taking over my life, and not having a maxed sentry and hood I hit a wall with PvP and with PvE I found I couldn't realistically keep up, even making sacrifices and sneaking nodes in at every moment I could. I stopped having fun. I have found chilling our a little on the PvE grind has put some enjoyment back into it for me, and letting go of the odd cover for mid-tier charecters is almost relaxing. I love checking rankings near the end of a PvE and seeing I'm confortably where I want to be, and contributed more points than a lot of other alliance members, so I'm pulling my weight, and able to put the game down for a while...or do a lighning round for kicks.