How many Rocket & Groot covers are you trying to get in PVE?

Options
lukewin
lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
How many Rocket & Groot covers are you trying to get in the Thick as Thieves PVE? Just want to see how much of the forum is in the 1% that end up getting 4 covers from a PVE.

If I am close enough, I will try for that Invisible Woman Green, but if not, I will settle for Top 10 and probably save myself a lot of grinding.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• I'm aiming for four. I actually could use the IW - it would finish her off - but I'm not willing to do what I"d need to to get it. Top 10 should be realistic, though. I can usually get it when I'm truly aiming for it.
  • ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Options
    After playing 24/7 a week for a X Force Black I have little desire to grind this one. Just hitting nodes every 4 hours or so, don't care since it'll be 6 months before I have 13 covers anyway.
  • Aiming for 2 cause I'm being realistic. I almost always get high enough to score two covers on my own, and usually get pushed out of getting the third. I'm in an Alliance, but its not one that performs well enough at the moment to place near high enough to get the Alliance cover...
  • lukewin
    Options
    The fact that Gamora and Thoress are gonna be in the Rocket & Groot PVE, I'm probably gonna save my grinding for that. I got the Black X-Force in the last PVE, so I am taking this one a little easier, despite not having an IW green yet. I will pick up the pace if I start seeing that I have a lot of ground to make up to stay Top 10. The variation on the subs length for this PVE makes it a little harder to plan out too. Since the Rocket & Groot PVE will be all new, I imagine there will be no way to strategize an optimal play schedule. It'll probably be hitting every node every 2.5 hrs, for however long the PVE lasts.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hoping for 2, but if the data issue isn't fixed asap, 1.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    It's not an option, but I'm in it for the HP. I've spent the last two PvE's hitting the subs really hard because I need to replenish my HP reserve.

The consequence of that will be that I'll have a decent bracket score, but where that puts me I don't overly care. There's an HP jump for top 20, so I'd like to get to the 2 cover area, but I also know I'm in a tough bracket, so if I end up with 1, I'm ok with that.
  • I was planning on grinding the entire event and loading shields the entire pvp but i've been locked out entirely from the lolipop issues
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I wanted to get 3 on my own but I've been placed in the Bracket of Foom. Realistically, I'll probably end up with 2.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Going to try for All 3, plus a 4th from my alliance. If I do, I get 3 covers and I help my team get covers for them selves. My alliance, Heros-R-Us is one awesome group of players, so even if I did not get a good finish, I know I can count on that cover. But with my Marvel addiction, I'm going for all 3. I have a compulsive need to have all characters. Yes, I know, something is seriously wrong with me. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Trying for, and will actually get are sometimes different. Although I was in 4th after the first sub ended, so I'm hopeful for top 10.
  • lukewin
    Options
    All 3, plus a 4th from my alliance. I get 3 covers and I help my team get covers for them selves. My alliance, Heros-R-Us is one awesome group of players, so even if I did not get a good finish, I know I can count on that cover. But with my Marvel addiction, I'm going for all 3. I have a compulsive need to have all characters. Yes, I know, something is seriously wrong with me. icon_e_biggrin.gif

Completely understand. I had 1st locked in The Simulator, but kept grinding because my alliance fell out of the Top 50. I finished with 262,212 pts. The final progression reward was 160,000. My alliance mates also made a push and we finished 49th.
  • The Tacos and Rings have gone PVE optional and its been a real boon for our membership. we have a lot of vets who arent so stressed bc they feel like they need to perform in these masochistic weekly grinds "for the sake of the alliance".

i havent joined yet...hell i might not join at all. ill just score a full set when they are rewarded as a pvp reward. but im sure as hell not grinding this kityy anymore.

and it feels realy really good.

marc
  • None cause of the issue with android 5.0
  • Chrono_Tata
    Chrono_Tata Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    1 is good enough for me just to have them for the next PvE required nodes. Would aim for 2 but as usual the event will end on a Tuesday morning when I'm at work, so hitting and maintaining top 50 isn't very realistic. My alliance doesn't play PvE so forget about the alliance cover.
  • Talahamut
    Talahamut Posts: 231 Tile Toppler
    Options
    13... I'm grinding! strike.png
  • All subs and main finishing at 5am for me = no chance at top 10, not a hope in hell. My alliance is doing far worse than usual too so I'm working my **** off for 2 covers only.

Bring on time sliced PvE...
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    All subs and main finishing at 5am for me = no chance at top 10, not a hope in hell. My alliance is doing far worse than usual too so I'm working my **** off for 2 covers only.

Bring on time sliced PvE...
    They'll bring changed end times right _after_ the one where it matters, with Thoress at stake.
    So we'll have a wonderful time playing on good times for amazing covers like, I dunno, Captain Marvel or something.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Think they mentioned doing time slice PvE in early Dec. After Rocket, Groot, Gamora, and Thorette events end.
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With the event itself ending at 5am and every sub ending at 5am it sort of deflates you from the get go so I haven't even bothered with it. I am aiming for none which is a shame as the character really interests me. Sadly it has also bollocksed me for the next PvE as I will be at a distinct disadvantage by not being able to do any essential nodes.
  • endlessvoid
    Options
    I'm shooting for top 10 in the pve.