How many Rocket & Groot covers are you trying to get in PVE?

Options

Comments

• 0. I have no Falcon.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've finished top 10/50 nearly every PVE event since I started. But people seem to be grinding the hell out of all the goon nodes in the 3rd sim so I either have to join the pack or blow it off
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I keep fluctuating between the top 18 or so and top 30 or so, so it looks like I should be able to get two, maybe three, but I would be happy with one. My alliance is a PVP one, so I won't get any from there, but that's fine. I'm much happier without the obligation to play PVE and PVP is a better source of covers anyway.
  • Hulk11
    Hulk11 Posts: 435
    Options
    Is this poll just based on excitement for the cover or for use in the upcoming events? I voted zero cause you can always just try and buy them later or earn them later.
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Going to try for All 3, plus a 4th from my alliance. If I do, I get 3 covers and I help my team get covers for them selves. My alliance, Heros-R-Us is one awesome group of players, so even if I did not get a good finish, I know I can count on that cover. But with my Marvel addiction, I'm going for all 3. I have a compulsive need to have all characters. Yes, I know, something is seriously wrong with me. icon_e_biggrin.gif

I might need to change mine. I'm working my rear off to stay in or close to the top 10. But I may need to slow down and settle for 2 personal instead of all 3. My wife said that if my alarm wakes her up at 3am one more time she is going to shove my tablet AND phone up into me. And not from the back either. icon_eek.gificon_e_surprised.gif

So I may only get 2 covers this time. icon_cry.gif
  • I going for another Ms Marvel black cover after having secured a red one in Hollowpoint Kiss. If I manage to get into the top 100 then I'll score a blue Groot, but if not I ain't killing myself and losing anymore sleep.

Oh by the way, choosing my end times for the new missions -> MASSIVE THUMBS UP D3 icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Linkster79
    Linkster79 Posts: 1,037 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    JusticeB wrote:
    I going for another Ms Marvel black cover after having secured a red one in Hollowpoint Kiss. If I manage to get into the top 100 then I'll score a blue Groot, but if not I ain't killing myself and losing anymore sleep.

Oh by the way, choosing my end times for the new missions -> MASSIVE THUMBS UP D3 icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

lol I am still going on Hollowpoint Kiss. Really loving the choice of end times.
  • I cant even sniff top 150. Everyone must be grinding on this one.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    KevinMark wrote:
    0. I have no Falcon.
    Ditto. icon_e_sad.gif
  • **** finish times as usual for a UK player, so it looks like none. My Alliance is suffering from a serious case of "so many changes that we don't like from D3"-itus so doubt I will get one via that route either.

If I grind to top 20 then I might just wake up on the morning after the event to find I had managed to scrape one. But it's a lot of effort to then just have to hope the time difference hasn't screwed me for the 100th time.
  • I voted 2 but I really want 3. Problem is, I'm hovering between 17 and 23, with no real advancement, even playing as hard and as often as I can.

I guess some people can play harder and more often. icon_neutral.gif
  • I put 1, since that is my standard for new releases. Expect 1 and if things break well, hope for 2 or 3.

That said, waiting for a fresh bracket before I enter, so nothing is locked in and everything is in play
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My main isn't as competitive, so I'm very happy with that. My 3rd sub is actually more competitive than my main.
    #1 BBBomber 109023
    #2 lukewin 95006
    #3 Anilgadon 86567
    #10 Bonzo37 80075

I hope my Top 2 holds, and I get that sweet IW green cover.
    Hulk11 wrote:
    Is this poll just based on excitement for the cover or for use in the upcoming events? I voted zero cause you can always just try and buy them later or earn them later.

Out of boredom, and nothing that interested me to read on the forums at the time. Also nice to see how the voting forum goers skew. Looks like they're going for 1 or 4.
    I might need to change mine. I'm working my rear off to stay in or close to the top 10. But I may need to slow down and settle for 2 personal instead of all 3. My wife said that if my alarm wakes her up at 3am one more time she is going to shove my tablet AND phone up into me. And not from the back either. icon_eek.gificon_e_surprised.gif

So I may only get 2 covers this time. icon_cry.gif

Is it an alarm on your phone? Sleep with earphones in and only you can hear the alarm.
  • lukewin wrote:

Is it an alarm on your phone? Sleep with earphones in and only you can hear the alarm.

That's a cracking idea. I'm assuming there's minimal risk of strangulation?
  • IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    lukewin wrote:

I tend to roll around a lot in my sleep, so if they didn't fall out, then yeah, with my luck, I would strangle myself. Doesn't matter anyway. I solved it by putting my phone on vibrate and leaving it in my pocket. It wakes me but not her. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • lukewin
    Options
    lukewin wrote:

Pretty sure that you would wake up gasping for air before you would run out of breath. Then, you could turn off the alarm before it goes off. These covers don't come cheap, y'know.
  • Yeah, I'm just weighing up the benefit / risk here and it looks like:

Benefit:
    - Increased chance of top 50 finish in event, additional R&G cover (top 10 isn't allowed for Europeople)

Risk:
    - Divorce if I wake the Mrs up
    - Strangulation (if using headphone method)
    - Divorce AND reputational damage (if using vibrate 'in pocket' method, based on sleeping nude so using my physical 'pocket')
    - Sleep loss / falling asleep at work / loss of job / falling asleep at wheel

So it's pretty much 50/50.
  • lukewin
    Options
    Yeah, I'm just weighing up the benefit / risk here and it looks like:

Benefit:
    - Increased chance of top 50 finish in event, additional R&G cover (top 10 isn't allowed for Europeople)

Risk:
    - Divorce if I wake the Mrs up
    - Strangulation (if using headphone method)
    - Divorce AND reputational damage (if using vibrate 'in pocket' method, based on sleeping nude so using my physical 'pocket')
    - Sleep loss / falling asleep at work / loss of job / falling asleep at wheel

So it's pretty much 50/50.

Please sign me up for your newsletter.
  • 0. I have a job and can't do every 2.5 hours. Probably just get a 10 pack in the groot/rocket event.
  • Definitely going for 3 covers - top 10 is doable (although I'm fading fast, I don't know where people find the damn time/don't have to work/CHEAT ALL THE TIME).

I put in a ton of work on these events and never get any alliance covers. Like my alliance because I like being casual if/when I want to - just wish I could find a good fit for a t100 alliance that lets me slack when I want to slack.