Crashing On iOS? Info Requested

Options

Comments

• Game crashed on me 5 times in the last 10 minutes. Created a forum account just to report. Long time reader, first time poster icon_e_smile.gif

iPhone5
    8.8.1 iOS
    Twice in match - both times in PvE goon node
    Once while trying to type on alliance board
    Once while skipping through nodes while shielded in BWGS PvP
    Once while loading on title screen

I played for hours this morning at my own house on wifi. Now I am at relatives' house on their wifi and the game won't stay open. Go figure. I also had a few crashes right after the latest patch came out, but no issues in between until this afternoon. Looking forward to a fix!
  • craybe wrote:
    Iphone 5S
    Version 8.0.2 (12A405)

I'm getting crashes in game about once every 30 Min always while in game. It is killing me for health packs and I'm concerned how bad it will be having it retreat me due to a crash at the end of this PVP!

I cant find the report a bug button so here I am on the forum.

Hoping for a fix soon!!

Si centre upgrading it crashes when switching apps but not mid-game
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I played for hours this morning at my own house on wifi. Now I am at relatives' house on their wifi and the game won't stay open. Go figure. I also had a few crashes right after the latest patch came out, but no issues in between until this afternoon. Looking forward to a fix!

Interesting... I wonder if there's a correlation between WiFi strength and crash frequency.

I know my latest crash was while I was still in bed (second floor - router is in the basement).

Might be worth keeping track of WiFi versus Crash frequency.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Game crashed on me 5 times in the last 10 minutes. Created a forum account just to report. Long time reader, first time poster icon_e_smile.gif

iPhone5
    8.8.1 iOS
    8.8.1 isn't a released version of iOS. Do you mean 8.0.1? If so, you should upgrade, as 8.0.1 has some significant bugs in it. 8.1.1 is the latest release of iOS.
  • I was experiencing issues with my iPad which is running iOS 8.1.1 so I decided to remove the app and reinstall it. Now, I'm lost with getting my Data back from Facebook Sync. It was a simple process before when we had a "launch screen" but now there is no launch screen and when I'm finally able to check "back up data to facebook" it still won't load my data from my iphone.

I know these are an entirely different problems, so I'll look for a place to complain more about them but I will say that my iPad mini was experiencing issues with crashing or visual glitches similar to a paused screen like it was about to crash.
  • alaeth
    Options
    Updated to 8.1.1.

Crashed first thing this morning again, mid-match. My attention was elsewhere and when I turned back, my phone was back to the home screen.

Very frustrating especially as it causes health & point loss. I had a juicy 45 point victim all lined up. icon_e_sad.gif
  • Same here.
    Game crashed 4 times in a row.
    Very annoying icon_mad.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    My MPQ currently will not load just says check internet connection.
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Another crash, on R66. It occurred during a match, shortly after using 3* Cap's Star Spangled Avenger. I'm running on an iPhone 5, with iOS 7.1.1.

Incidentally, I submitted a bug report for my last crash through the usual D3 customer service email, and attached my device's crash report - only to get a response along the lines of "Sorry, we can only accept JPG or PNG attachments, Can you describe the issue in detail?" - which makes me think that D3's customer service folks aren't passing bug reports correctly to Demiurge. With an issue like this, a crash report can only be helpful, so I don't see why they would be unilaterally rejecting them.
  • Dayv
    Options
    One crash this morning, iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1. I was in a match and set the phone down because the light was about to turn green (don't judge me, it's a really long light). When I picked it up again a couple minutes later, the game was gone.
  • Dayv
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    Another crash, on R66. It occurred during a match, shortly after using 3* Cap's Star Spangled Avenger. I'm running on an iPhone 5, with iOS 7.1.1.

Incidentally, I submitted a bug report for my last crash through the usual D3 customer service email, and attached my device's crash report - only to get a response along the lines of "Sorry, we can only accept JPG or PNG attachments, Can you describe the issue in detail?" - which makes me think that D3's customer service folks aren't passing bug reports correctly to Demiurge. With an issue like this, a crash report can only be helpful, so I don't see why they would be unilaterally rejecting them.
    Hopefully they're getting crash reports automatically from those of who have chosen to send them. The option for this is located at:

Setting > Privacy > Diagnostics & Usage > Share With App Developers (on/off)
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    That's a good feature, but apparently only for iOS 8. I really should get around to updating...
  • Dayv
    Options
    CNash wrote:
    That's a good feature, but apparently only for iOS 8. I really should get around to updating...
    Looks like they moved it to a new place in settings for iOS 8. Click here to find the setting in various versions of iOS.

edit: Oh, it looks like before iOS 8, crashes could only be automatically shared with Apple.
  • mouser
    mouser Posts: 529 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Came to the bug forum looking for a crash thread, good to see I'm not the only one.

Day 400 player, first time I've had an issue with MPQ crashes since maybe January or February. Had true healing back then so didn't get too upset about them at the time.

Have had 3-4 crashes since the first Rocket and Groot PVE started. Didn't track how they interacted with the MPQ Rxx update schedule. At least 1 was in the first Rocket and Groot PVE and just had another in the 2nd Rocket and Groot PVE. At least one more in PVP.

I think every time I've had a crash it was when I clicked to use a character AP skill.

IPad mini
    IOS 8.1.0 (haven't updated to 8.1.1 yet)
    Have been using the same device since MPQ day 1 and am pretty good about restarting apps and rebooting from time to time.
  • alaeth
    Options
    Still crashing for me.

I've disabled WiFi and that helps, but then I suffer excessive data usage.

The Ticket I filed is virtually worthless (requests to reinstall, power down, etc). Support doesn't seem to understand this issue only started happening after R65 patching.

I will continue to send in crash logs, but I have little hopes of successful resolution (other than avoid weak WiFi areas of my house when playing).
  • Hi,

I had the Problem, that the Game crashes often after updating to R66. It's frustrating, when you're on the verge of winning and the game crashes. You loose points and your heroes also loose health, 'cause the system rates it as defeat.
    Today I had several times the Problem, that the Game crashes. There wasn't a Problem with my Internet Connection. I make a match and suddenly the Game crashes and I had to restart it.

Is it a bug?
  • Had a couple of crashes today on iOS 8.1.1. Both just happened in the middle of a match though the second one was just as I was about to use a call off the storm team up. I lost the team up and lost the match icon_e_sad.gif
  • Noobulator
    Noobulator Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I've noticed that the game crashed when connectivity is either limited or intermittant. Every time the game has crashed it has been because I lose cell signal or get out of wifi range. When the phone has to change between wifi/cell tower as well it crashes.
  • Dayv
    Options
    Noobulator wrote:
    I've noticed that the game crashed when connectivity is either limited or intermittant. Every time the game has crashed it has been because I lose cell signal or get out of wifi range. When the phone has to change between wifi/cell tower as well it crashes.
    This could explain the crash I had while driving.

Well, the game crashed while I was driving, I wasn't playing while driving.
  • I have the iPhone 5. It crashes when I'm not in a match as well as when I'm not in a match. Usually during PVE, but it also has occurred during PvP before. It usually happens repeatedly when it does happen. Repeated crashing seems to usually stop when I take my phone case off and let my phone cool though. Seems sometimes it's a heating issue (crashing repeatedly as I enter the game again and again). Other times, crashing just happens spontaneously even when my phone isn't hot, but it doesn't happen repeatedly, as I can continue playing fine by entering the game again.