Crashing On iOS? Info Requested

Options
David [Hi-Fi] Moore
David [Hi-Fi] Moore Posts: 2,872 Site Admin
Hi all,

We wanted to know if anyone is noticing a crash on iOS after updating to R65 and precisely when it's happening.

Actually, it's hard not to notice a crash, isn't it? Any information you could list in this thread regarding new iOS crashes would be helpful.

Thanks!

Comments

• Hi David. When i updated it worked fine. A couple of hours later there was a small in-game update, after that all my pve and pvp events disappeared. I restarted the game and everything went back to normal. LRs disappeared for some alliance members too. Not a crash, but still an error.

I use an Iphone 4.
  • I just updated NY nexus 7 to the lollipop update.

Its now crashing at the loading screen. It simply minimizes and when I try to maximize it reloads and minimizes again.

Any way to make sure I don't lose the login reward steak I've got going? I think it's somewhere around 130 days.
  • Unknown
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I've had the game crash a couple times recently when I switched over from another application using the double-click on the home button method. I don't remember the exact circumstances of my other crashes, but for my most recent one, I was switching quickly between Line and MPQ. Around my third time switching back to MPQ, the game froze for a second and restarted. I was on the end time choosing screen for the new Hulk pvp.

I'm using an iPhone 6. icon_e_smile.gif

Edit: Had it crash again when I was switching back over from Facebook Messenger. Wasn't at any particular screen this time.
  • hurcules
    hurcules Posts: 519
    Options
    I had the game crash on me when receiving rewards a few times (not all the times). Not sure if it's related, but I run Line app and Hangout app together for alliance chats and such.

Also, this occured since a couple client releases ago. After several days of play, I notice the UI would slow down like screen transition and menu flipping slow down. actual match works fine except the menu for abilities comes out a slower. When this happens I usually quit the game and restart the phone.

Playing on iPhone 5s on latest iOS version 8.1 (12B411).
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've only seen one crash in R65 on my iPhone 6 running 8.1. It was between matches, so I didn't think much of it.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    orion3179 wrote:
    I just updated NY nexus 7 to the lollipop update.

Its now crashing at the loading screen. It simply minimizes and when I try to maximize it reloads and minimizes again.

Any way to make sure I don't lose the login reward steak I've got going? I think it's somewhere around 130 days.
    If you miss a day, it'll pick up where it left off, at day 131, not back to day 1.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Crashed twice on me today - both times while in a match (quite annoying since it counts as retreat!).

System Info:
    iPhone 5
    iOS 8.1
    R65
  • alaeth
    Options
    Registered just to post here.

Two crashes today (after lunch) - both times while in a match icon_e_sad.gif

iPhone 5 w. iOS 8.1
  • CNash
    CNash Posts: 952 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I encountered a crash yesterday, during a match. I was playing the Web-Slinger PVP, and the enemy Spider-Man had just placed a protect tile.

I'll try to pull the crash logs from my device (iPhone 5) and submit a ticket later today.
  • Hello - I'm currently trying to spend my lunch hour playing whilst also doing some work

I've had 4 or 5 crashes so far. Normally when my iphone goes back into standby mode. This is not normally a problem as when I reawaken it the game I am playing remains. But it's crashing today.

It's actually just crashed while i typed the above, so seemingly something is timing out and kicking me out of the game if I dont press a button for a few seconds. if anything it's getting worse.

It's pretty frustrating tbh as it each time i get frozen out it is treating me as though I had fled from a battle - so my team has reduced health. I was hoping to rack up a few 000 iso over lunch but i've basically been snookered.
  • tempestuousfury
    Options
    Hello - I'm currently trying to spend my lunch hour playing whilst also doing some work

I've had 4 or 5 crashes so far. Normally when my iphone goes back into standby mode. This is not normally a problem as when I reawaken it the game I am playing remains. But it's crashing today.

It's actually just crashed while i typed the above, so seemingly something is timing out and kicking me out of the game if I dont press a button for a few seconds. if anything it's getting worse.

It's pretty frustrating tbh as it each time i get frozen out it is treating me as though I had fled from a battle - so my team has reduced health. I was hoping to rack up a few 000 iso over lunch but i've basically been snookered.

I feel for you. I fortunately just started PVP and most of my crashes were on PVE. But with the shorter sub times and my decision to start late with an earlier Hulk time, I am getting royally **** in both PVE and PVP because of this. I sent in a ticket, but I am assuming it will come back saying that they're looking into it. Which will not help me with ranking in either event. -.-
  • alaeth
    Options
    Another crash today while doing the "Family Reunion" story-line.

I looked away after making a match and when I returned to my iPhone 5, it was back to the main screen. Re-launching the game showed my players injured (as if I had retreated). icon_e_sad.gif

I will see about getting crash logs tonight if they exist.
  • alaeth
    Options
    And another...

This time clicking "heal" on Storm to do another match. Immediate crash to home-screen. Re-launching showed the health pack was consumed, but Storm is still dead :-/

Seems the crashes are coming closer together now - or at worse times so I notice more.
  • I've crashed three times during a match, very annoying.
    I've also crashed outside of a match a few times.. not so annoying.
  • Tyronepowers
    Options
    Crashed twice since update to R65. Once during a daken lightening round while webslinger was going on. Can not recall the circumstances of the other crash.

I am on an iPhone 5S. IOS version 7.1.2
  • RWTDBurn
    RWTDBurn Posts: 291
    Options
    I've had it crash 3 times now. Twice was when I went the to the PvE menu, the other was in a PvE battle. Since the sever views it as a retreat, it cost me 3 health packs when I was barely touched during the battle. Not a huge deal this early in the event, but still frustrating. Had that been in a PvP event while shield hopping then I'd have been pretty upset about it. Hope y'all get it fixed soon before an event comes to an end. You might have some very angry customer.

iPhone 5s, OS 6.1.4
  • alaeth
    Options
    I strongly suggest anyone with crash logs send them in! Hopefully they will help track down the cause of the issue.

Google "iphone 5 crash log windows" and click the first link for instructions.
    Email them to: mobilesupport@d3p.us

No crashes since mid-afternoon *knock on wood*
  • Iphone 5S
    Version 8.0.2 (12A405)

I'm getting crashes in game about once every 30 Min always while in game. It is killing me for health packs and I'm concerned how bad it will be having it retreat me due to a crash at the end of this PVP!

I cant find the report a bug button so here I am on the forum.

Hoping for a fix soon!!
  • update: no crashes since upgrading to 8.1.1 but that could be due to the restart
  • alaeth
    Options
    Another one first thing this morning was a bit noteworthy...

Initial match of the day, I had just entered the game and was studying the layout for my first move then *bam* back to home screen.

Relaunching the game resulted in the same retreat penalties applied, but no boost used, and now the game graphics are all twice as fast. A bit hard to explain, but everything renders twice as fast. I barely have time to read the powers used by the opponent team. It does make the game seems more responsive, but I suspect it's a bug because I now miss out on all the power up animations and effects since they blur past.