For or against a new character in 7 days ?

Options
124»

Comments

• NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    I think D3 should bring out a new character in 7 days. His name will be "ISO-man" and his abilities will cost 10 AP each and each be "if you win this battle, gain an additional 1000 ISO8".

A new character every week would be awesome if the first covers were not a nightmare were not horrible to get (PvE) and if the price to max them was reasonable. Now, $200 worth of Iso and covers is just insane, especially when it is Beast.

Make it $8-10 each at max (the more you play, the less it costs) Iso and covers included.

You are aware that you're not required to max every character upon release (especially if they suck like beast). I have plenty of characters that aren't maxed and just max some characters as I go..for me that's part of the game. The only thing I mind about the fast pace of new releases is the increasingly steep price for roster slots.
  • What? Are we going to count every single 4* Thor cover a new release? Because they've been pretty consistent on the 1 3* every 2 weeks.

Every new char requires a roster slot, which is the main issue of new chars. Roster slot costs!
  • arktos1971 wrote:

A new character every week would be awesome if the first covers were not a nightmare to get (PvE) and if the price to max them was reasonable. Now, $200 worth of Iso and covers is just insane, especially when it is Beast.

Make it $8-10 each at max (the more you play, the less it costs) Iso and covers included.

You are aware that you're not required to max every character upon release (especially if they suck like beast). I have plenty of characters that aren't maxed and just max some characters as I go..for me that's part of the game. The only thing I mind about the fast pace of new releases is the increasingly steep price for roster slots.

I am fully aware, thank you.

Are you aware that D3P are claiming players should favour roster's diversity ?
  • NighteyesGrisu
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:

A new character every week would be awesome if the first covers were not a nightmare to get (PvE) and if the price to max them was reasonable. Now, $200 worth of Iso and covers is just insane, especially when it is Beast.

I am fully aware, thank you.

Are you aware that D3P are claiming players should favour roster's diversity ?

Diversity doensn't mean that you have to have every single character maxed to compete...it's getting there that's part of the fun of the game. Again, I wouldn't even mind if there were twice as many charcters (and I didn't have all of them) as long as roster slots weren't so expensive

• Diversity doensn't mean that you have to have every single character maxed to compete...it's getting there that's part of the fun of the game. Again, I wouldn't even mind if there were twice as many charcters (and I didn't have all of them) as long as roster slots weren't so expensive

Sure, it all depends at what level you want to compete, and the time you want to spend on the game.

However, I can notice that you agree that the pace of release is currently too high since you are mentioning a problem of roster slot cost.

We are in the same boat then, but for different reasons.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:

Diversity doensn't mean that you have to have every single character maxed to compete...it's getting there that's part of the fun of the game. Again, I wouldn't even mind if there were twice as many charcters (and I didn't have all of them) as long as roster slots weren't so expensive

Sure, it all depends at what level you want to compete, and the time you want to spend on the game.

However, I can notice that you agree that the pace of release is currently too high since you are mentioning a problem of roster slot cost.

We are in the same boat then, but for different reasons.

I don't think the rate of release is too high, just that the price of rosters is too high and should be lowered icon_e_smile.gif For all I care they can release at twice the current pace icon_e_smile.gif

• I don't think the rate of release is too high, just that the price of rosters is too high and should be lowered icon_e_smile.gif For all I care they can release at twice the current pace icon_e_smile.gif

It's not the same discussion topic then.