For or against a new character in 7 days ?

Options
Unknown
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
I wanted to have a poll and see if I was the only one to think there were too many characters released lately.

Especially if the new character is released during a **** PvE.

Go guys. Voice your opinion out. There's a special entry for HM, Theunwiseone...
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think that D3 should release fewer characters, but of higher quality, and concentrate more on making the existing characters more usable. We've had too many terrible characters come out and too many nerfs that have made existing characters useless. If they really want to get people to spend money on this game, make them feel like they're getting their money's worth.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I voted against.
    I'm all for new characters but please not so fast! icon_e_surprised.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Against against against against against against against.

Season 7 was critical mass of new characters. Dial it back.
  • If roster slots were not the most unreasonable cost in the game at maxed out at 500 HP I would not mind.

If mpq is serious about roster diversity, it doesn't make sense to make the HP cost prohibitive.
  • Why the only option for no is 'burnout'? How about because roster slots eat any try of accumulating HP or because it halts the only remaining source of progression (but still forces me to play or I won't be able to play PvE at all).
  • Nivrax wrote:
    Why the only option for no is 'burnout'? How about because roster slots eat any try of accumulating HP or because it halts the only remaining source of progression (but still forces me to play or I won't be able to play PvE at all).

Just added the option, but it resetted all the previous votes, so you need to vote again.

Sorry, I did not know.
  • Not sure how to vote. I like new characters, but don't like grind through repetitive PVEs...
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    we had 2 months in a row where they release 3 characters in less than 4 weeks, and last month we had 4 character in in about 3 weeks. even buying roster spots got ridiculous.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I need covers for existing characters
    ive already got a pile of undercovered characters new and old
  • They've put too many out too quickly. I wouldn't mind a break. I think I've spent like 3500 HP on roster slots lately just keeping up with the new characters.

I'll be shocked if we get one, though.
  • simonsez
    simonsez Posts: 4,663 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm against, but not because of burnout or roster slots... it's because I already have too many 3s with no ISO in them.
  • rixmith
    rixmith Posts: 707 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not so concerned about next week, but I hope there isn't a release over Thanksgiving weekend.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm out of characters that I want to drop and am reluctant to put more cash in until after the holidays are over, so I'm hoping for no.
  • Let's see if we can postpone the release of the next character, though I doubt it.
  • Nellyson
    Nellyson Posts: 354 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    They need to stop with the new characters and give us more story, fix PVP and find a way to make PVE a PVE and not a modified PVP. They should honestly not release a new character this season. Fix their current issues. We need story not characters!!! This Dark Reign storyline is getting on my nerves! Plus the constant fight against over scaled 1 star.pngs is getting tiresome, annoying, frustrating, and infuriating!
  • i voted no...there have been too many character releases too close to each other recently. slow it down...

marc
  • Against.

D3 is a waiter at Olive Garden. They just keep bringing us breadsticks, but we're already full. We haven't even ordered yet, but every square inch of the table is covered in breadsticks. I don't want any more breadsticks. They start shoving breadsticks in my pockets, throwing them on the floor. Soon the entire room is filled with breadsticks and we're trying to claw our way out of the soft warm dough, but D3 is in the other room with a bulldozer, shoving more breadsticks into an already breadstick filled room. Every where I turn is breadsticks, breadsticks, BREADSTICKS. I'm still eating my second breadstick, I DON'T NEED ANY MORE.

....I forgot my point some time ago.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Now I'm hungry.
  • Now I'm hungry.

There is no hunger. Only breadsticks.
  • rixmith wrote:
    I'm not so concerned about next week, but I hope there isn't a release over Thanksgiving weekend.

I'm in the same boat. I'm fine with a new character every two weeks, but I definitely would like to not have them released during holidays, I've got enough going on then.