For or against a new character in 7 days ?

Options

Comments

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'd like to see a new character released in a Gauntlet-style PvE, with one cover as the top progression reward in each subecent.

I'd also like to see a branching Gauntlet, where choosing one path locks out the other. Maybe they lead to different cover possibilities, maybe it's a risk vs. reward situation...

Also, non-repeatable nodes with cover drops among the rewards. Add a little luck to the mix.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Anyway, I like new characters, but I'm tired of most of the PvE formats. You didn't really leave an option for that.
  • esoxnepa
    esoxnepa Posts: 291
    Options
    I don't mind the new characters, but what I hate is the it ups the time for transition from 2*-3*. Every new character strings that out further and further and leaves you guessing about which characters you might get to a useable level.
  • DayvBang wrote:
    Anyway, I like new characters, but I'm tired of most of the PvE formats. You didn't really leave an option for that.

You can choose "I don't care, I don't play PvEs anyway", that's the closest answer I think.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I voted no beuase of roster slots. It is just too expensive to keep opening them up. With the way ISO drops right now it is also too expensive to level them up as well. I did not even put any ISO into Msytique and I already have 6 covers for her waiting on #7 in PVE. I don't see her as game changing and I figure I will wait for her PVP to be run again in about 2 months when I can get another 2-4 covers and then if I have the ISO I will bring her up to maybe level 100 so she isn't squished in PVP.

If D3 wants to keep pumping out characters here is the solution.
    #1 increase HP rewards on PVP and PVE so players can open roster slots as well as occasionally buy a cover for a character. Top 10 150HP, top 25 100 HP, and top 250 alliances 100HP instead of 50. This would give transitioning players probably an extra 50HP per event from alliances and a top 25 player an extra 100. If you are top 25 that is an extra 300 HP per week, 600 every 2 weeks so you can open slots for all these new characters.
    #2 max roster slot costs to 500 HP. Once you get up to enough slots to be costing 500HP you should be close to a 3* player ( maybe not with all the new characters) or you can start getting rid of your 1* or low leve 2*.
    #3 double the amount if ISO that drops. If you want players to be able to use all these new characters you have to be able to give us the iso to level them. What is the point of a new character if I can't make them usable for 4 months?
  • kaepamerica7
    Options
    There's already a good amount of characters which make good diverse teams. D3 should focus on making fun PvEs to win these characters and iso so we can level them up and actually play withthem. i have all the 3*s except mystique but who wants to play with a level 40 character with one cover
  • I am def against so much new characters.
    they realese them nearly every week. You have no time to upgade them high enough to do them playable for your roster. Except p2w players. But i dont wanna spend so much money to lvl new chars which you obviously never use just for the essential pve maybe.
    most of the lately released chars aren't so good.
    i prefare to buff the old villains or maybe IW or some of the 3* heroes like IM40 or DD.
  • Sigh... and now they announce they are releasing two new characters (Rocket & Groot and Gamora). I just can't keep going on this PvE grindfest, for new characters every two weeks, and compete in a competetive alliance in PvP.
  • Voted against, because I need PVE events to help improve my existing roster. PVE events used to be the most effectively way to a transitioning player to improve 3* characters
  • 81 % against and they are releasing NOT ONE BUT TWO characters !!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, now we know they listen to us WHEN THEY WANT TO.

It's only sheer hypocrisy.

I just hope something will happen and the attendance drop.

But, even if it's surprising, I'm sure they do that because it is successful.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:
    81 % against and they are releasing NOT ONE BUT TWO characters !!!!!!!!!!!!!

What? Are we going to count every single 4* Thor cover a new release? Because they've been pretty consistent on the 1 3* every 2 weeks.
  • GrimSkald
    GrimSkald Posts: 2,535 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:

I'm pretty sure this was in the pipe before this poll started. Also, they're sticking to the same schedule - one new character every other PVE, roughly every two weeks. Rocket and Groot are being released in the next PVE - Thick as Thieves, which I'm pretty sure is a long one (6 days?) Then we get one PVE off with a new PVE, then they do the same PVE again and that introduces Gamora.

Reasonable. That being said, they need to slow this tinykitty down. The make these big announcements "For the first time you can get Mystique!" or some such. That would be be a lot more special if this didn't happen every two weeks.

Speaking for myself, I'm not going to kill myself over this - I'll enter the PVE late and play occassionally. I do think attendance in the new character PVEs has been dropping. Noone is excited - a new character comes across so often it is met with a collective "meh."

The new PVE, now that will attract attention...
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I'm all for more characters, but I'd like to at least have the resources to keep up with leveling them equally, not to mention leveling the ones I want even more than that.

Not to mention the fact that the token pool is already clustered enough, and the "rotation" is a band-aid at best.
  • Lidolas
    Lidolas Posts: 500
    Options
    arktos1971 wrote:

Umm, wasn't this poll created after the announcement of Rocket, Groot and Gamora?
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    If roster slots were not the most unreasonable cost in the game at maxed out at 500 HP I would not mind.

If mpq is serious about roster diversity, it doesn't make sense to make the HP cost prohibitive.

I suspect when D3 says they want roster diversity, it means they want 10 people to have a different set of 30-40 characters they use. Not everyone should have all 50+ characters to play with in their roster. At least that's my interpretation from the current model of escalating costs on roster slots.
  • GrimSkald wrote:
    I'm pretty sure this was in the pipe before this poll started.

Surely. I hope they will release less in the coming weeks though.
  • Lidolas wrote:

Umm, wasn't this poll created after the announcement of Rocket, Groot and Gamora?

It was not.
  • Please stop the new characters rain, it will be soon impossible to build a 3* roster cause drops rates are ridiculous and there is way to many characters...
    Please improve the game by fixing all the bad things your players complain every event/day about.

I should say friends of mine quit playing cause they can t progress and feels like beeing cheated by the promises of the game when they realise they might have to play at least à year if they want to to have à start of à 3* roster.
    À year of frustration!
    Cmon!
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I got back on board with the awesome Anniversary week after taking a break for a few months and was actually excited about the game again. Unfortunately, D3 have very swiftly reminded me why I stopped in the first place.

New character after new character that nobody really gives a damn about, released via tired old PVEs that the majority of people have seen before. Severe wasted potential for new content in the form of a villain (Doc Ock) and a hero (Blade; released for Halloween with nothing special which was just baffling). And we just got Mystique, again with no new content. Another waste of a villain that could have lead into some awesome PVE story with the mutants.

Don't give us new characters unless you have new content with which to introduce them. Put some effort into the damn meta and stop thinking about immediate financial benefit from the whales who have no qualms in throwing down cash to max level every character you feed them.

Very, very close to just giving it up again.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I would add 2 more options.

#1 Against it because it is adversely affecting character rotations. I know a lot of new players are having this problem where they cannot actually build a 3* because the ones they have covers for keep getting swapped out due to the influx of new ones.

(my reason)
    #2 Against it because we don't have enough time to play catch up. The amount of ISO I need to level my characters has risen from 2.18 million to 2.5 million over the course of the last 30 days. The amount of ISO I need has never decreased for more than a few days.

I would probably suggest limiting it to 2 new characters per season, 1x 3* and 1x 2*. I would release both during the same PvE with virtually everyone getting the 2*. 301-400 1x 2* cover, 201-300 1x 2*, 151-200 2x 2*, 101-150 1x 3* + all 3 2* (etc.). Next PvE have half the essentials require 2* other half require the new 3*. I look forward to PvP and PvE's with old characters because then I know I can afford to play lightly for a week.