Children of the Atom - Nov 9-11

Options

Comments

• Nefesh wrote:
    Have just started the event. ended up in the bracket with 160 players and top10 having 500-1100 points. some strange bracket...

I'm curious - how do you tell the number of players in your bracket? I play on an iPhone and can only see the 10 players around my current score, and the top 10.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    sa261275 wrote:
    Nefesh wrote:
    Have just started the event. ended up in the bracket with 160 players and top10 having 500-1100 points. some strange bracket...

I'm curious - how do you tell the number of players in your bracket? I play on an iPhone and can only see the 10 players around my current score, and the top 10.
    Retreating for your first node, latest person to that particular score (0 in this case) is at the bottom if there's a tie. you can retreat to 0 again to bump yourself to the bottom if you can't see the end of the list
  • Wow joining in the evening, but playing a lot in the morning keeps me from being attacked as I do my last thrust in the morning. I was joining in mornings before, may never do so again
  • petritis wrote:
    Wow joining in the evening, but playing a lot in the morning keeps me from being attacked as I do my last thrust in the morning. I was joining in mornings before, may never do so again

Well, "morning" depends on your timezone. There's always a morning in the world. icon_e_wink.gif
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ballaballa wrote:
    petritis wrote:
    Wow joining in the evening, but playing a lot in the morning keeps me from being attacked as I do my last thrust in the morning. I was joining in mornings before, may never do so again

Well, "morning" depends on your timezone. There's always a morning in the world. icon_e_wink.gif

It is also 5 pm some where!! I declare an all day happy hour!! icon_cool.gif
  • This is going to finish 5AM for me. If I weren't an insomniac I'd be pissed.
  • Blurgh. Was pumped because I managed to get to 800 for the first time ever, and immediately upon my victory, I got hit for -50 pts. Dejected, I shielded and went to bed. This morning, I checked my ranking before running out the door and I was down to 26th. The only Hood cover I need is blueflag.png so this one is a wash for me. I need this "CYO end times" thing to come sooner.
  • Grr. It was going so well on that last push. Went from 518 to ~700 in record time chewing through my stash of +Blue/+All/Damage boosts, and went for one last match against a team of Ares/Wolvie/LCap. Took down Ares quickly, but he got off Onslaught against Mags just before dying. Had Cap stunned and both him and Wolvie down to ~2000, plus was one purple off Polarity Shift, which would have fed Wind Storm and given me the win. Matched the purple, and the AI pulled out his own Polarity Shift downing Mags. Dang.

Clobbered Wolvie down to <100, and he gets a bunch of lucky cascades including a 5-yellow and 4-red. Healed, and enough for Feral Claws and Adamantium Slash. My Wolvie downed, and I'm 8 blue away from a Wind Storm, with the board covered in red strike tiles. Didn't make it. icon_e_sad.gif

Oh well, shielded at 671 in 63rd. Should be enough for my 5th yellow Hood cover. Would have been nice to get top 25 in this, but I don't think I could have survived many more fights. Wolvie/MMags/Storm is a lethal on offence but I've not been able to chalk up even a single defensive win in this entire event.
  • I completely forgot this event was still going on - I had gotten up to 711 last night and never shielded. Saw this thread, realized I had completely forgotten about the event, and found I haven't gotten attacked a single time since like late afternoon yesterday. 711 was good for 36th.

Next one, I'll be pushing in. Might even try to get to 1100 to finish my Doc Ock.
  • areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Shielded in around 36th place for the last couple of hours, broke the shield too late to get in top 25, but ended up in 28th with 780. My Hood will be 3/2/0. Would've been nice to get that extra blue cover.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    603 didn't even get me into the top 100. Tough bracket. Hopefully Nefarious Foes isn't quite as brutal, but with Mystique covers, well...maybe the new matchmaking will be the difference?
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    #28.... with 892 points! (my personal record so far) two times shielded and all for nothing...
    Hope new MMR will fix this tinykitty...
  • Vankysher
    Vankysher Posts: 324 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Had a few retaliations saved and thought I could just hit them both for a 70 point boost in the waning minutes.
    Bullseye, AWol & 146 cStorm were the first.
    Thought I would be clever in downing all 3 simultaneously with polarity shift queued up to go into wind storm since both cStorm & AWolv were ~300 HP left.
    Instead of hitting cStorm first I went for Bullseye first who had over 1000 HP.

Bad idea.

The resulting cascade finished Bullseye off but Raging Tempest went off 3 times and wiped my entire team.
    Lost 14 points and had to use 3 health packs and didn't win the 2nd retaliation in time.
  • wow, well there were many firsts in this pvp for me. was just taking this one easy as i didnt need any of the rewards. stayed at 900 unshielded and was never attacked. didnt spend any hp or skip tax iso at all either, very happy icon_e_smile.gif
  • stryke
    stryke Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Can't remember last time I've been able to get over the big 800 in pvp, then I don't usually manage 700.

My 154 Psylocke with my cStorm and MagnetoN wrecked six ways from sunday. Almost, almost got the top 25 breaking shield in the last 15 minutes but though while I managed three great wins against teams I wouldn't dream of normally challenging, I also took three big defensive losses, and my 4th win must have been seconds too late.
  • Didn't hit the X-Force/Psylocke wall until about 750-800. Progression was way easier this one, but maybe not as much as the blade rewards pvp.
  • Got kicked out of top 100 w/ 600 points again...same thing happened w/ CapMarv. I guess I need 700 pts to even get top 100 now...-_-
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Highest ever PVP score, with 788 pts. (I know it's not a true PVP b/c not in a season, you get to choose the 3 characters, multiple characters were boosted, a lot of 2* opponents out there due to boost) Good enough for 23rd place. First time using shields, used 2 3 hrs. Got as high as 11th with 844, finished a fight, came out with defensive win as well. Was not given the 800 pt 50 HP prize to claim. So instead of throwing up another shield, I went for another fight, and to possibly break into Top 10. Lost the fight. Came out to attack, which dropped me to 777, but it did allow me to claim the 800 pt 50 HP prize. Shielded at 777, got one defensive win to push me to 788. Dropped as low as 24th, and was worried for a bit.

Anyone know how the progression reward works; like why I didn't get the chance to claim the 50 HP when I had 844? If I had thrown up a shield to the end, would I have been given the chance to claim it? I checked the leaderboard, to try to push a server side refresh, didn't work. And the 50 HP prize wasn't checked off either. Any help would be appreciated.
  • TazFTW
    TazFTW Posts: 695 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Hit the highly leveled XForce teams after passing 600, so I settled for 63rd. Yay, my Hood is now 5/0/5. icon_cry.gif
  • bat_239
    Options
    Does anyone know how big was #100 alliance score? 14k pts did not bring us anywhere close..