Children of the Atom - Nov 9-11

Options

Comments

• over_clocked
    Options
    Phumade wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Hrm. This will be the first yellow Hood I've seen in litterally months (I missed the first MPQ vs Deadpool.) My Hood is currently at 2/5/5. Think I should respec toward 5/5/3 or leave him at 3/5/5 - which is where he'll be at the end of this event...

3/5/5/ for PVP. the 5th black is a game changer for Sentry bombers. At 5black, hood can immediate trigger all WR CD tiles after placing Sacrifice strike tile. No risk of having the AI match away the tile, or do anything to delay WR.

5/5/3 for PVE. The twin pistols can be used to get rid of CD tiles, its like Captain America but with a bigger range. I think its a bit expensive to cast, but it can be a game changer in goon nodes.

edit
    Lots of people have commented on this question, so I'll just clarify one thing.
    3/5/5 for Sentry bombing. the 5th black is a game changer for Sentry bombers. At 5black, hood can immediate trigger all WR CD tiles after placing Sacrifice strike tile. No risk of having the AI match away the tile, or do anything to delay WR.

5/5/3 for PVE. The twin pistols can be used to get rid of CD tiles, its like Captain America but with a bigger range. I think its a bit expensive to cast, but it can be a game changer in goon nodes.

4/5/4 if you want hood black to power a non World Rupture countdown tiles. The 5th reduces all CD by 1. World rupture is the strongest beneficiary of 5 black. Captain America's only generates 1 or 2 CD tiles at a time so 4 Black is more than sufficient to speed him up. 3 Black can be very effective as long as you are not trying to speed up the 8+ CD tiles created by World rupture.
    edit: no 4s for Hood, period.
    I argue that 5 yellow is king in PvP, too (X-Force and soon 4or both loooove maxed Pistols), and can even dig you out of those nasty 'got 20 yellow and no green at all' situations when Sentry-hopping. Sure if you are already boosting all AP on your Sentry-Hood games, you might as well spec 3/5/5, but for all intents and purposes, 5/5/3 is much more versatile and useful. Even considering the PvP-only 5/3/5 Falcons and 4/4/5 She-Hulks. (If you see those, you probably already have a cover-maxed X-Force in addition to Sentry, and X-Force doesn't have 16 CDs to speed up.)
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    locked wrote:
    Phumade wrote:
    GrimSkald wrote:
    Hrm. This will be the first yellow Hood I've seen in litterally months (I missed the first MPQ vs Deadpool.) My Hood is currently at 2/5/5. Think I should respec toward 5/5/3 or leave him at 3/5/5 - which is where he'll be at the end of this event...

3/5/5/ for PVP. the 5th black is a game changer for Sentry bombers. At 5black, hood can immediate trigger all WR CD tiles after placing Sacrifice strike tile. No risk of having the AI match away the tile, or do anything to delay WR.

edit
    Lots of people have commented on this question, so I'll just clarify one thing.
    3/5/5 for Sentry bombing. the 5th black is a game changer for Sentry bombers. At 5black, hood can immediate trigger all WR CD tiles after placing Sacrifice strike tile. No risk of having the AI match away the tile, or do anything to delay WR.

4/5/4 if you want hood black to power a non World Rupture countdown tiles. The 5th reduces all CD by 1. World rupture is the strongest beneficiary of 5 black. Captain America's only generates 1 or 2 CD tiles at a time so 4 Black is more than sufficient to speed him up. 3 Black can be very effective as long as you are not trying to speed up the 8+ CD tiles created by World rupture.
    edit: no 4s for Hood, period.
    I argue that 5 yellow is king in PvP, too (X-Force and soon 4or both loooove maxed Pistols), and can even dig you out of those nasty 'got 20 yellow and no green at all' situations when Sentry-hopping. Sure if you are already boosting all AP on your Sentry-Hood games, you might as well spec 3/5/5, but for all intents and purposes, 5/5/3 is much more versatile and useful. Even considering the PvP-only 5/3/5 Falcons and 4/4/5 She-Hulks. (If you see those, you probably already have a cover-maxed X-Force in addition to Sentry, and X-Force doesn't have 16 CDs to speed up.)

Twin PistolsEdit
    Power Cost: 18 YellowTile AP
    Parker Robbins fires his twin Lorcin .380’s, destroying two selected 3x3 blocks of tiles, earning AP and dealing damage. Ends the turn.

Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 3: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 4: Costs 1 AP less.
    Level 5: Doesn’t end the turn.

IntimidationEdit
    Power Cost: 9 BlackTile AP
    The Hood demands results, threatening his allies so they work faster. Damages the target for 230 and reduces the timer on 1 random friendly Countdown tiles by 1.

Level Upgrades:
    Level 2: Affects 2 Countdown tiles.
    Level 3: Affects 3 Countdown tiles.
    Level 4: Affects 4 Countdown tiles.
    Level 5: Affects all Countdown tiles.

I had to double check this for one of my alliance mates, and so I agree with "locked" There are very few situations outside of World rupture that need you to speed up more than 3 CD tiles, 4 black seems pointless.

In the same vein, the ability to continue a turn and use the AP generated by "twin pistol" is way more valuable than reducing the cost by 1.

So I would completely agree that hood needs to be either 5/5/3 or 3/5/5 depending on how you want to use hood
  • Well on the down side someone earned the golden dunce cap for further buffing up the unfair joke that is wolverine aids-force..

On the up side i can work on my hood so i can have an extraordinarily cheap character to make other players' in game experience annoying.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Well on the down side someone earned the golden dunce cap for further buffing up the unfair joke that is wolverine aids-force..

On the up side i can work on my hood so i can have an extraordinarily cheap character to make other players' in game experience annoying.
    I like my super Patch with 10k health. I have him and Daken tanking for LStorm. Storm is now doing massive damage with level 5 hailstorm and strike tiles. I can also rotate in Psylock and DP as needed while my true healers stay alive.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ComradeVS wrote:
    Deadpool was/is in X-men according to Wikipedia.
    Maybe the Great Lakes X-Men! Oooo burn ...on ...Deadpool? icon_e_smile.gif
  • wymtime wrote:
    Well on the down side someone earned the golden dunce cap for further buffing up the unfair joke that is wolverine aids-force..

I like my super Patch with 10k health. I have him and Daken tanking for LStorm. Storm is now doing massive damage with level 5 hailstorm and strike tiles. I can also rotate in Psylock and DP as needed while my true healers stay alive.

I don't see a reason to use mohawk. Even scaled she seems inferior to BP to me, specially factoring in strike tiles.
  • How is the world does my 249 Patch, 218 Psylocke and 141 Cstorm lose to a 94 Ares, 130 CStorm, and 141 MMags?! That is so stupid.
  • gmpunkx wrote:
    How is the world does my 249 Patch, 218 Psylocke and 141 Cstorm lose to a 94 Ares, 130 CStorm, and 141 MMags?! That is so stupid.

mnmags cstorm can kill anything in the game if boosted and relatively lucky.
  • user311
    user311 Posts: 482 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    mnmags cstorm can kill anything in the game if boosted and relatively lucky.

This is what is going to make the last few hours very tough. This combo is very weak on defense but can get a lot of easy retaliation wins. I made a brief climb this morning fighting nothing but this combo. Only once was the AI able to get off its CStorm Blue, but that was because Hood theft and AIs bad use of MMags purple.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    I once downed a full maxed Sentry/3* Daken/Hood team without boosting with my 2*s, was very surprised, all it took was some purple cascade mid-game. I was definitely not trying to win on purpose. My plan was to just let the AI deploy a Sentry bomb and see my cStorm retaliate to each counter, since I lost to that passive earlier and wanted to replicate its work on offense. Oh well icon_e_biggrin.gif

MvFp75Bl.png
  • FaustianDeal
    FaustianDeal Posts: 760 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't want to say the rewards for this event aren't optimal, but I have to question the logic.
    Hood is the 3-star prize, and XForce is the #1..

Once I topped 1,000 in PVP last night I started seeing exclusively xforce/hood/deadpool teams. (coincidentally this was also what I was running at the time).

I criticize the rewards because it feels to me like 2/3 of the dominant team for this event are in the rewards. The people most likely to be killing it don't need these rewards. More accurately, the people who could most use these prizes have to fight through a wall of reminders of how badly they need them. Failure for them means knowing the cards they needed are going to be sold by people who didn't need them.

If the reward logic established here holds for Nefarious Foes, Sentry will be the placement prize and Hood will be the 1100 progression - and again - winning them probably means you didn't need the prizes.

Admittedly:
    1 - XForce is always great, but at 400+ levels he is too good in a way that is almost funny
    2 - Hood is part half of sentry-bombing, so he figures prominently in 'winning' for lots of events - so its hard to award him in a round where he isn't substantially affecting the outcome.

Next time let's do better about having the rewards less likely to be prominently featured the best teams for the event. Like Fury and Avengers cards for an X-Men event, and vice-versa. Hereoes awarded for Villian features and Villians for a Hero feature.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't want to say the rewards for this event aren't optimal, but I have to question the logic.
    Hood is the 3-star prize, and XForce is the #1..

Once I topped 1,000 in PVP last night I started seeing exclusively xforce/hood/deadpool teams. (coincidentally this was also what I was running at the time).

I criticize the rewards because it feels to me like 2/3 of the dominant team for this event are in the rewards. The people most likely to be killing it don't need these rewards. More accurately, the people who could most use these prizes have to fight through a wall of reminders of how badly they need them. Failure for them means knowing the cards they needed are going to be sold by people who didn't need them.

If the reward logic established here holds for Nefarious Foes, Sentry will be the placement prize and Hood will be the 1100 progression - and again - winning them probably means you didn't need the prizes.

Admittedly:
    1 - XForce is always great, but at 400+ levels he is too good in a way that is almost funny
    2 - Hood is part half of sentry-bombing, so he figures prominently in 'winning' for lots of events - so its hard to award him in a round where he isn't substantially affecting the outcome.

Next time let's do better about having the rewards less likely to be prominently featured the best teams for the event. Like Fury and Avengers cards for an X-Men event, and vice-versa. Hereoes awarded for Villian features and Villians for a Hero feature.

The 4* covers are on a rotation. Nothing special about this PVP.

Hood is always seen at the top levels. It's better that they're awarding his covers than not. Otherwise, they'd never offer them.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Since I am not going to build a third Hood (what am I, a whale?) and I don't plan to place well or score 15000 points for the seas... - oh wait right lol, I'm not an X-Men member and have no obligation to score well in off-season events, I am going to take this one very lightly myself, let other people get the coveted Hood covers. I will get the 1000-1100 progression, not shield, retreat to some lower placement. I will retaliate to every attack though because I haet being attacked :3
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Is anyone else not getting notifcation of attacks? I lost 100+ points overnight, but there were no notices.
  • FaustianDeal
    Options
    scottee wrote:
    The 4* covers are on a rotation. Nothing special about this PVP.

Hood is always seen at the top levels. It's better that they're awarding his covers than not. Otherwise, they'd never offer them.

I'm not arguing either of those points. Mostly this post came out of a chat I was having with an alliance-mate about his desire to catch a 1st place finish to win some Hood cards and a black XForce; we were lamenting that it would be a lot easier to win those Hood and XForce cards if he already had them.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I don't need any Hood covers but blue, so I'm trying to decide whether to push hard for top 25 (but very possibly come up short because I can't Sentry- or Deadpool-bomb to get past 700), or tank like an Abrams in hopes of a better shot at Mystique and Season 8 covers. Hmmmmmm.
  • FaustianDeal
    Options
    Is anyone else not getting notifcation of attacks? I lost 100+ points overnight, but there were no notices.

I left an 1100 point score open for attack overnight (I am not bothering to shield this early for an off-week event) and when I woke up this morning I had a notification of ~150 points, but the summary didn't add up to that number... I used to get multiple pages of notices that would add up to the indicated total. About an hour later, another ~100 points of loss and a single page summary that, again, didn't add up.

Since then, I have gotten iOS notifications of losses that haven't popped up in-game. My score is dropping indicating that the hits are being recorded and counted against me, so that part is working (is that a 'yay' or a 'boo'?). Something does seem amiss in the in-game notifications for attacks.
  • DrStrange-616
    DrStrange-616 Posts: 993 Critical Contributor
    Options

I left an 1100 point score open for attack overnight (I am not bothering to shield this early for an off-week event) and when I woke up this morning I had a notification of ~150 points, but the summary didn't add up to that number... I used to get multiple pages of notices that would add up to the indicated total. About an hour later, another ~100 points of loss and a single page summary that, again, didn't add up.

Since then, I have gotten iOS notifications of losses that haven't popped up in-game. My score is dropping indicating that the hits are being recorded and counted against me, so that part is working (is that a 'yay' or a 'boo'?). Something does seem amiss in the in-game notifications for attacks.

Not more than 2 minutes after I posted, I got a notice of an attack. *shakes fist at D3!* That said, there does seem to be something hinky with notifications.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    ark123 wrote:
    wymtime wrote:

I don't see a reason to use mohawk. Even scaled she seems inferior to BP to me, specially factoring in strike tiles.
    It is more for fun. Also since I don't have her at 166 she hides behind Patch and Daken for me so she matches nothing. 2 true healers and Storm makes for a longer game play. She is not a staple but her yellow and black can do really good damage if she does not get hit.
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    Have just started the event. ended up in the bracket with 160 players and top10 having 500-1100 points. some strange bracket...