The word is out : How much for Iso ?

Comments

• arktos1971 wrote:
    Not true, I paid to be able to play MORE. And with a larger roster, you can play longer and you don't need healthpacks.

ok next pvp i get to use: Sentry, hood, Daken, xforce, deadpool, Fury and thor, you can have ALL the rest of them, lets see who does better?

Exactly :

I have 3 Hood, 2 Sentry, 2 Deadpool and plan to get a second XF, Daken and Fury. That was my point.
  • HailMary wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    The devs have shown they don't play their own game as they multiply goofs on decisions they take.

So I would not rely on the devs to have a valueable opinion about this.
    Yes, arktos, the guy who endlessly complains about prices yet endlessly buys large amounts of every in-game resource clearly knows far better than the people who literally designed the game. That must be it.

To date, there is no comparable game that can make history.

Therefore, if the devs want something, it does not mean they are right.

Should I remind you of several of their decisions, some of which were reversed in the end ?
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    arktos1971 wrote:
    To date, there is no comparable game that can make history.

Therefore, if the devs want something, it does not mean they are right.
    ???
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Should I remind you of several of their decisions, some of which were reversed in the end ?
    Let's not pretend that "the dev makes mistakes and do things that some people don't like" in any way equates to "arktos even remotely knows better than the devs." icon_lol.gif
  • The devs build a good game technically, all the rest is quite poorly handled, and I'm not the only one to say it.

That was the main idea.
  • HailMary
    arktos1971 wrote:
    The devs build a good game technically, all the rest is quite poorly handled, and I'm not the only one to say it.

That was the main idea.
    You're not the only one complaining about the things you complain about, thus you know far better than the devs? Hahahahaha, yeah, okay. icon_rolleyes.gif
  • ISO shouldn't be for sale. Keep some part of the game where you have to play to improve without boosting credit card to 3/3
  • I feel like they should just take away the option to buy Iso. At the current prices, you could spend $100 and not even level one 3* to max. That is ridiculous. Then there are people who just pay to win, which is discouraging to other players who don't have that option. When there is a new character, I sometimes run into a 166 within the first week. That should not happen.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    das boot wrote:
    I feel like they should just take away the option to buy Iso. At the current prices, you could spend $100 and not even level one 3* to max. That is ridiculous. Then there are people who just pay to win, which is discouraging to other players who don't have that option. When there is a new character, I sometimes run into a 166 within the first week. That should not happen.
    How wouldn't that happen if you can't buy ISO? Many of us have enough ISO stored up to max 2 - 3 chars at any given time - all it takes is buying the covers with HP.
  • DuckyV wrote:
    The devs have explicitly stated that it is not meant to buy ISO to reasonably level up your characters and I agree with this. They have priced ISO to allow those players who want to give their characters a little "bump" when needed, but not outright power level from 40-166. If ISO were purchasable to the point that it would allow for people to easily level their characters to max, it would ruin the game in my opinion.

Completely agreed. Making iso cheaper would ruin the game and drive me away

We aren't meant to max all of our characters, it's designed this way so we have to make choices.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    true, if iso were cheap I would have 2-3 of each of the top 10 characters because the short term cost of the is would far outweigh the long term cost of health packs
  • locked wrote:
    They don't play the game.
    He doesn't play the same game that most of the players play.
    Whose opinion about MPQ is more valuable, that of arktos or the devs?
    FIGHT TO THE DEATH!

This matter will be settled as is has always been for thousands of years, in....

MORTAL KOMBAT!

*cue techno music*
  • Bowgentle wrote:
    das boot wrote:
    I feel like they should just take away the option to buy Iso. At the current prices, you could spend $100 and not even level one 3* to max. That is ridiculous. Then there are people who just pay to win, which is discouraging to other players who don't have that option. When there is a new character, I sometimes run into a 166 within the first week. That should not happen.
    How wouldn't that happen if you can't buy ISO? Many of us have enough ISO stored up to max 2 - 3 chars at any given time - all it takes is buying the covers with HP.
    How do you have so much iso to max 2-3 characters? I've never had more iso than I could spend since getting to the 3* stage of the game.
  • HailMary wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    The devs build a good game technically, all the rest is quite poorly handled, and I'm not the only one to say it.

That was the main idea.
    You're not the only one complaining about the things you complain about, thus you know far better than the devs? Hahahahaha, yeah, okay. icon_rolleyes.gif

Well, at least several players are playing intensively with a fully levelled roster. Apparently the devs are not, since they are making so many mistakes. You are saying I know far better than the devs (for the sake of making the interaction funny, and therefore it is). icon_e_smile.gif

Other players with a complete roster do not voice their opinion out about the money they spend. That's their choice.
  • Kiamodo
    Kiamodo Posts: 423 Mover and Shaker
    Just rename this thread Arktos's soapbox. Not one iota of anything resembling a coherent thought has been discussed here. It's a match 3 game not the theory of universal expansion.
  • Your latest contribution just made the difference.

Thanks for it Kia...
  • HailMary
    das boot wrote:
    Bowgentle wrote:
    How do you have so much iso to max 2-3 characters? I've never had more iso than I could spend since getting to the 3* stage of the game.
    Once you've maxed a few top-tier L166s, there's little practical need to max any more, so many of us just max characters that we like to play regularly. By way of example, the last two 3*s I maxed were DP & Sentry. Having top-tier 3*s also lets you earn more event Iso more quickly. For example, chewing through LR seed teams becomes utterly trivial and infinitely sustainable with Patch + UDaken.

Between consistently LR farming, event progression rewards, and event placement rewards, the Iso adds up quite quickly. But, it also disappears in a flash once a few sets of the new worthy character are given out, especially if that character is a 4* requiring 430K Iso to max. icon_e_wink.gif
  • I have chosen "Cheaper than that", because at the speed chars have been added the last month, we, the non-vet players, face several obstacles:

- a lot more unfinished chars, we can get and more probability of getting covers for chars, we so far don't want to finish, instead of the few chars we would like to finally get in shape.
    - we had several other posts with regards to Iso needed for a char the last weeks. Alone for Mystique and Lady Thor, out since today, one needs roughly 600K Iso. So only for November, no other new chars considered, that means earning 20K iso per day on average. That can't ever be achieved by grinding PvE tournaments for that new char being introduced for 20 ISO reward a node.
    Nor can you get this with PvP. Average outcome here is about 150 Iso per won match (estimated). 2* chars are really rare, same as Iso rewards higher than 140 iso. Meaning, about 130 matches a day in PvP, each match about 3 to 4 minutes, if you play fast, including enemy selection and the like. Not including time for regenerating health packs, that is alone up to 500 minutes pure match time. So to speak more than a working day. The average player can't afford this. And that is just for staying put and not improving overall situation.
    - those two new chars mean to earn roughly 1 cover a day, that you need, to stay put for the month. Top 100 alliance/or position grant 1 cover each, assuming we are all lucky and need those. That is for every 2.5 days. But we are all aware, that we are talking usually about Beasts yellow cover or Thor's red instead of Thor's green, aren't we? Then we can earn, if we can stand the pain, one additional 3* cover every 5 days on average out of PvE. That will keep us barely alive, not too much further behind the character release, but again we can't catch up.

So, if you want to get up to the big fish in the pond, you have to buy covers to stay put as well as you have to buy Iso, to keep them covers going. Especially, if you start out into the transition to 3* land and beyond. And for this, i guess, you should be able to fully level at least one 3* for about 9,99$, meaning 172K Iso. That is about the same as you have to spend for a monthly debit for classic MMORPG, it is kind of affordable and it still leaves room for D3, to get cash for covers, healthpacks and shields, as sometimes you cant get along without buying those...
  • Bowgentle
    Meutrich wrote:
    - we had several other posts with regards to Iso needed for a char the last weeks. Alone for Mystique and Lady Thor, out since today, one needs roughly 600K Iso.
    No, one does not.
    You can only get one colour of Lady Thor right now, even if you decide to buy covers (and are in a T100 alliance, else you wouldn't be able to do that).
    Even if you buy covers for her when she finally is available, the earliest you can max her is after Season 9 is finished - so you have 3 months to save up ISO (assuming you started saving when she was introduced in the anniversary Lightning Rounds).

And no sane transitioner will spend HP on buying covers for Mystique so that's another 170K ISO you can save.

The rate at which new chars are introduced is bad because the roster slots cost so damn much, but the ISO isn't a problem since you can easily get by without giving said chars any ISO at all.

The exception is Lady Thor, but you have months to save up ISO for her.
  • I have a question to HM :

When you use a loaner, how high do you go without shielding ?

Depending on the featured character (I mean one that is worth something, not Beast, Dr Octopus...), using a loaner can be a disadvantage.

Do you face 166 walls ?

When I see a loaner, whatever the rest of the team (once again not talking about **** characters), I will go and fight his owner's team immediately.
  • Bowgentle
    arktos1971 wrote:
    When I see a loaner, whatever the rest of the team (once again not talking about **** characters), I will go and fight his owner's team immediately.
    You're going to fight my maxed Xforce/Hood team because I use the loaner Mystique?