The word is out : How much for Iso ?

Comments

• As far as the goal of the transition, I think that depends. High level PvP only requires two characters, but I think you need a decent array to play PvE. It's not 20, but somewhere in the 8-10 range seems right, and that's a lot of ISO even if you spend optimally all the way there, and especially if that 8-10 includes XForce.

I disagree that high level PVP only requires two players. If anything, it means that you need to spread your ISO around even more to make sure that you are leveling the constantly changing featured character enough to be competitive.
  • As far as the goal of the transition, I think that depends. High level PvP only requires two characters, but I think you need a decent array to play PvE. It's not 20, but somewhere in the 8-10 range seems right, and that's a lot of ISO even if you spend optimally all the way there, and especially if that 8-10 includes XForce.

I disagree that high level PVP only requires two players. If anything, it means that you need to spread your ISO around even more to make sure that you are leveling the constantly changing featured character enough to be competitive.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Would never buy ISO, it is handed out pretty freely. If I ever was to spend money, it'd be for HP, which is rarer. Agree with most posters that have countered OP's posts. I have a surplus of ISO, that I can use to bump my roster up, whenever I get a new 3* cover. When I get the BP cover from the Jugg Heroic, will easily be able to level him up. When I get the 4 Mystique covers same. At one point, I had almost 300k ISO.

When I played and spent money on Candy Crush, it was for extra turns to progress in the game. That game has wider appeal, because you can pick it up, it's simple, the Facebook integration and it's more like The Gauntlet, friendly competition to get further. I was always on the newest episode, and it was a lot easier to spend a $1 here, there, without realizing how much it added to. 1250 HP for a cover, whatever amount for a roster slot, a lot harder to rationalize a microtransaction, that isn't so micro.

Also, having something to play for, more covers/levels, hopefully story later on, keeps people playing. If everyone was maxed, level playing field doesn't exist, bad boards, bad teamups, bad luck would mean you get beat, get frustrated. I got beat out of the Top 100 in Thor PVP in last 10 minutes, despite boosting heavily. It is frustrating, and if all I had was PVP in the game, I'd probably give it up, no matter how far along I've come.
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    lukewin wrote:
    Would never buy ISO, it is handed out pretty freely. If I ever was to spend money, it'd be for HP, which is rarer. Agree with most posters that have countered OP's posts. I have a surplus of ISO, that I can use to bump my roster up, whenever I get a new 3* cover. When I get the BP cover from the Jugg Heroic, will easily be able to level him up. When I get the 4 Mystique covers same. At one point, I had almost 300k ISO.

When I played and spent money on Candy Crush, it was for extra turns to progress in the game. That game has wider appeal, because you can pick it up, it's simple, the Facebook integration and it's more like The Gauntlet, friendly competition to get further. I was always on the newest episode, and it was a lot easier to spend a $1 here, there, without realizing how much it added to. 1250 HP for a cover, whatever amount for a roster slot, a lot harder to rationalize a microtransaction, that isn't so micro.

Also, having something to play for, more covers/levels, hopefully story later on, keeps people playing. If everyone was maxed, level playing field doesn't exist, bad boards, bad teamups, bad luck would mean you get beat, get frustrated. I got beat out of the Top 100 in Thor PVP in last 10 minutes, despite boosting heavily. It is frustrating, and if all I had was PVP in the game, I'd probably give it up, no matter how far along I've come.

Once you hit 3* range its the complete opposite. Remember that the first 60 levels of a 3* is like 60k and the back 60 are like 110k. Each new 3* is another 170k added to the total if you intend to level everyone (and there was roughly the equivalent of 4 added in the last month)
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    dkffiv wrote:

Once you hit 3* range its the complete opposite. Remember that the first 60 levels of a 3* is like 60k and the back 60 are like 110k. Each new 3* is another 170k added to the total if you intend to level everyone (and there was roughly the equivalent of 4 added in the last month)

My strengths are in PVE, not PVP, so I don't see myself leveling any 3*s above 104 until I have enough covers to make it worth it. No reason to handicap myself in PVE before I can actually compete in PVP.
  • Aidonis
    Aidonis Posts: 87 Match Maker
    When I first started the transition, covers were the main problem. That lasted maybe 4 months. Since then, ISO has been the overwhelming problem.

I don't have hours and hours to play everyday, so a reasonable iso option would be a welcome addition.

As it sits now, I have a fully covered gsbw and sentry in need of about 55 levels each, and about 4 others I could get into the mid 100's. At the current rate I'm going, I'm hoping to have Sentry maxed by new years.

Oh yea, and in that time my guess is 4-6 new characters will come out. Awesome.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Yarney wrote:
    High-level PVP play does not require a leveled featured character. It certainly helps, but you can do quite well using just the loaner.
    As far as the goal of the transition, I think that depends. High level PvP only requires two characters, but I think you need a decent array to play PvE. It's not 20, but somewhere in the 8-10 range seems right, and that's a lot of ISO even if you spend optimally all the way there, and especially if that 8-10 includes XForce.
    That array of PVE characters doesn't need to be maxed, and not all of them are 3*s. Aside from the occasional Sentry-bombing when I'm really lazy and when it's allowed, the characters I depend on in PVEs are: 2* OBW - L94, 2* CStorm - L94, 3* Rogers - L100, 3* Falcon - L100, 3* Torch - L100, 3* Hulk - L166, ... and maybe 3* LT - L166? XF is quite nice, too, but he's a recent arrival, and I just use him because I've leveled him for PVP anyway.

I'm pretty sure L100 3*s cost less Iso than L94 2*s, so in Iso terms, my PVE core has 2 L166s and 5 L94s. That adds zero Iso burden to the typical 2*-3* transition. I've never felt the need to put more than a dozen levels in a PVE-Essential character just because it was Essential.
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Agreed, but this aspect is additional to the problem of Iso needs.

They should soon stop to include **** 1* and 2* as progression rewards in things like Shield SIM, PvEs and so on. And include 3* covers, even if they are characters veterans already have. That would help the transitioners.

We can't go on like this getting hundreds of covers we don't need. What's the point ? Hitting the "sell all" button on a regular basis ?

As Clintman and I mentioned already, they are too stingy.
    And people are directly converting those hundreds of covers into Iso. So much for Iso being the bottleneck.
    Aidonis wrote:
    When I first started the transition, covers were the main problem. That lasted maybe 4 months. Since then, ISO has been the overwhelming problem...

As it sits now, I have a fully covered gsbw and sentry in need of about 55 levels each, and about 4 others I could get into the mid 100's. At the current rate I'm going, I'm hoping to have Sentry maxed by new years.
    How are you leveling your characters? Are you spreading Iso among a number of semi-covered characters, in addition to your GSBW & Sentry?
  • mjh
    mjh Posts: 708 Critical Contributor
    It's been reported that to max a star.pngstar.pngstar.png from base lvl40 to 166 is roughly 160k iso8.png
    a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png from base lvl70 to 270 is roughly 430k iso8.png

If they were smart they would have an option to max a star.pngstar.pngstar.png for $10 or star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png for $20. No iso8.png amount, just to max. Pretty simple.
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    I need roughly 4,000,000 to level up just my max cover characters so even at $10 for 100,000 I am looking at $400.00 icon_e_confused.gif

New Call of Duty $70, or prob 8 new big title games on Steam for $400, a lot more if I wait a few months. I could buy all 33 games on my Steam wishlist.

$400 = 30 months of World of Warcraft

probably most of the champs in League of Legends/ DOTA 2 if I buy packs, with skins

The other thing most peeps don't realize is, and I learnt the $4,000 hard way with this game is that if you pay for covers or iso or are paying NOT to play. I say again you are paying NOT to play. I look at a Black Panther PVP, I have 2 max cover BP, not worth playing. if you have a max level character apart from the peeps that are just in it to win it the more you have maxed the less you will find there is worth playing for.
  • homeinvasion
    It's been reported that to max a star.pngstar.pngstar.png from base lvl40 to 166 is roughly 160k iso8.png
    a star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png from base lvl70 to 270 is roughly 430k iso8.png

If they were smart they would have an option to max a star.pngstar.pngstar.png for $10 or star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png for $20. No iso8.png amount, just to max. Pretty simple.

If this were implemented I would instantly level 21 X 3 star = $210
    4 X 4 Star = $80

that's $290 I will never spend in Iso, it doesn't matter anyway because there is no balance and all you need to win is
    Xforce/ Daken/ Deadpool for early push
    Sentry/ Hood for shield hop.

All other characters are irrelevant without balance.
  • eidehua
    eidehua Posts: 521 Critical Contributor
    It's be interesting to have a good monthly deal on the iso packs-- a nice bit of iso for a cheap price, but only once per month thus keeping out the issues that come when iso is cheap all the time.
  • homeinvasion
    eidehua wrote:
    the issues that come when iso is cheap all the time.
    I completely agree with this. I think if they did it untested it would create a poostorm 10 times bigger than free alliance slots. But in a way no one can imagine.
  • DuckyV wrote:
    The devs have explicitly stated that it is not meant to buy ISO to reasonably level up your characters and I agree with this. They have priced ISO to allow those players who want to give their characters a little "bump" when needed, but not outright power level from 40-166. If ISO were purchasable to the point that it would allow for people to easily level their characters to max, it would ruin the game in my opinion.

The devs have shown they don't play their own game as they multiply goofs on decisions they take.

So I would not rely on the devs to have a valueable opinion about this.

• The other thing most peeps don't realize is, and I learnt the $4,000 hard way with this game is that if you pay for covers or iso or are paying NOT to play. I say again you are paying NOT to play. I look at a Black Panther PVP, I have 2 max cover BP, not worth playing. if you have a max level character apart from the peeps that are just in it to win it the more you have maxed the less you will find there is worth playing for.

Not true, I paid to be able to play MORE. And with a larger roster, you can play longer and you don't need healthpacks.
  • homeinvasion
    arktos1971 wrote:
    Not true, I paid to be able to play MORE. And with a larger roster, you can play longer and you don't need healthpacks.

ok next pvp i get to use: Sentry, hood, Daken, xforce, deadpool, Fury and thor, you can have ALL the rest of them, lets see who does better?
  • nimvin
    nimvin Posts: 81
    Personally I would like to see a 500 or 1000 iso reward for every 10% over the last progression reward in pve. So for instance BP is the final reward in current heroic at 55k. At 60.5k get iso, 66k get iso, 71.5k get iso. Its not much but it would help and provide the guys who aren't in it to place high a chance to continue to advance.

Edit: typos. Also 1k would probably be too much for a 5.5k jump but on the pve's with 120k reward would be more inline.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    arktos1971 wrote:
    The devs have shown they don't play their own game as they multiply goofs on decisions they take.

So I would not rely on the devs to have a valueable opinion about this.
    Yes, arktos, the guy who endlessly complains about prices yet endlessly buys large amounts of every in-game resource clearly knows far better than the people who literally designed the game. That must be it.
  • They don't play the game.
    He doesn't play the same game that most of the players play.
    Whose opinion about MPQ is more valuable, that of arktos or the devs?
    FIGHT TO THE DEATH!
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    locked wrote:
    I used to think the prices were outrageous but they actually keep MPQ from being completely P2W.

Nope. Because if nearly everybody can buy Iso, everyone becomes equal (veterans vs newcomers), so it's LESS P2W than it is now.

Except to become equal, you have to pay, which is the very definition of P2W. It might become more even, but it's for sure not less P2W.

Whenever I feel like giving D3 a cookie I usually buy 20 bucks worth of HP. If I could get 250,000 ISO for that, I might do that instead. I wouldn't buy ISO on the regular, and I voted for never buy ISO, but if I could fully level up a 3* for $20, maybe I'd do that once every 3 months or so.
  • It's been reported that to max a star.pngstar.pngstar.png from base lvl40 to 166 is roughly 160k iso8.png

This could be acomplished by allowing you to level up a character with spideycoin.png . Whatever the cost, or at a flat HP per level cost (so it costs less to go 100 -> 166 than 40 -> 166), you could then max a guy with $$, no iso8.png involved.