How Should D3 Compensate Commanders?

Options
124»

Comments

• D3 owes you nothing. Nothing at all. A big ole goose egg. Zero zilch nadda. You bought fake money in game. Which you used to buy slots for your alliance in said game. D3 has no control over what you buy. They didnt force you to purchase it. The product you bought was the HP. If there was a problem with the HP then you would have a gripe, but the HP you bought is working fine, and it served its purpose. Get over it, you made a poor financial decision, thats life.
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Also, just wondering, can someone please tell me how to find the End-User-Licensing-Agreement, (EULA), for MPQ? I would really like to read it myself.

Within the Apple App Store, if you navigate to the page for the app itself, Under the details tab, there's a section called "License Agreement." Not sure about Google Play. Standard boiler-plate stuff for video games with in-app purchases: virtual goods, our discretion, no refunds, yada yada yada.

A EULA isn't even presented to players of the PC/Steam version of the game. The ingame options menu has a link to what is labeled a privacy policy, and even that was only added fairly recently.
    IANAL, but since no EULA is presented that categorizes HP and alliance slots as anything other than purchase of goods ...

Yeah, I don't think the EULA is in-game on any platform.
    I tried to look for it in the Play Store but I didn't see it there either.

But I did find it on their website: http://www.d3p.us/EULA/MarvelPuzzleQuest/
    So, Is it available? Yes. Is it easily accessible? Nope.
  • GiantKiller2p
    Options
    My opinion - quite a few of the arguments in this thread are completely missing the point.

This isn't an issue of whether D3P "owes" commanders anything. It's a matter of keeping up good will with a significant number of players who spent money on HP to help build their alliance communities. Why's it important to keep up good will with paying alliance commanders? Chances are, these are the type of people who will spend more money on the game in the future if you keep them happy and involved. But if they feel like you're just holding them upside down and shaking as many coins as you can out of their pockets, they're much less likely to spend. I don't see many commanders asking for a refund of the money they spent to buy the HP they used to expand the alliance. For the most part, it seems like they'd just like to be able to spend that HP on something else - covers, tokens, roster space - anything D3P isn't giving away to other people for free.

Right or wrong, justified or not, leaving alliance commanders feeling like they got screwed by spending HP on alliance slots is sure to drive paying players away.

"Don't drive away paying customers" seems like an important goal from a business standpoint.

-GK