How Should D3 Compensate Commanders?

Options
homeinvasion
homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
edited November 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
can we have an answer to this please, I emailed a refund request but you ignored it.

Please everyone start directing your complaints to stan@marvel.com or http://www.consumeraffairsusa.org/

This is not the post for; if or should or ethics, if you want to start that post go start it. This is for peeps that would like reimbursement.

Legally the simple fact is D3 sold us Alliance slots, as a point of difference, then now devalued that point of difference by giving it away free. You tricked us into buying something that we believed to be of value then you devalued it by giving it away free. It comes under the securities act in US Law of 1933. I can't go and sell worthless Stock or bonds, or purposely sell them then devalue them its called junk bonding or carpet bagging. It is a clear breech of the law. I don't care if it's in your terms and conditions you cant make an inequitable contract.

Forget the argument that we spent HP not $, we spent $ to get the HP. Forget the argument that we already received adequate value for investment because commanders that would have joined a top alliance instead of making their own would have actually received more rewards. You actually created a situation where people paid you for less rewards than the free to play people.

The people that contribute money to your game are your customers, sorry to say but the people that are free to play are a branding exercise for more word of mouth network marketing so that you can acquire customers. So you appease your free to play players, in spite of the people that pay you... umm.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• You're missing the option where they fire the person who made this alliance change decision in the first place!
  • They should have a refund but I don't know if they even keep track of stats that far back because if you refund for anyone then there's going to be someone who says 'well I spent $100 for our slots 6 months ago' which may be 100% true. And then you also have to deal with the guys who are flat out lying.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options

Legally the simple fact is D3 sold us Alliance slots, as a point of difference, then now devalued that point of difference by giving it away free. You tricked us into buying something that we believed to be of value then you devalued it by giving it away free. It comes under the securities act in US Law of 1933. I can't go and sell worthless Stock or bonds, or purposely sell them then devalue them its called junk bonding or carpet bagging.

They were already devalued.

In a 20 man alliance, three members had friends or family with an inactive account sitting in an inactive alliance. They were perfectly willing to log in long enough to hand over the alliance. No charge.

Customer care, after verifying any remaining officers were inactive, kicked them. No charge.

Customer care also renamed the alliance to a new name that was requested. No charge.

20 man alliances have had no value for a while now. Repurposing them was just creating a mountain of customer care tickets.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Legally, this is all digital content, which is owned by them. You bought the right to use the digital content, but they have the right to change whatever they want about it.

I think it'd be great if they did something as a good will gesture, but I also think it's fine if they don't. More notice ahead of time would have been good though.
  • SandsTheMan
    Options
    Ignore my heroic token vote. I'm up very early this morning and thought it was hero points.

I don't think we deserve a 1:1 refund, but 3:4 or similar ratio
  • 75-50% of hp refunded, or a character slot per alliance slot bought.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Options
    Legally the simple fact is D3 sold us Alliance slots... It comes under the securities act in US Law of 1933.
    <facepalm>

MPQ Alliance slots are not securities. They are not, in any known universe, regulated by the US Securities Act of 1933.

Simply declaring something a "simple fact" is not a magical shortcut to rewriting the fabric of reality.
  • Nellobee
    Nellobee Posts: 457 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    Legally the simple fact is D3 sold us Alliance slots... It comes under the securities act in US Law of 1933.
    <facepalm>

MPQ Alliance slots are not securities. They are not, in any known universe, regulated by the US Securities Act of 1933.

Simply declaring something a "simple fact" is not a magical shortcut to rewriting the fabric of reality.

Phew! I wasn't the only one rofling on that one!
  • homeinvasion
    homeinvasion Posts: 415 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    <facepalm>

Its not a security no I never said that. It is a currency though, digital or otherwise. Please instead of trolling any post I make tell me what tort it comes under?
  • A nice bundle of Heroic tokens that everyone knows will be mostly ISO. 50 heroic tokens would be 12,500 ISO minus any 3* or 4* you might be lucky to get. Offended parties get a few minutes of trying their luck, and worst case gain 5-15 levels on one of their characters. D3 loses next to nothing in the long run, and even I would happily defend them if this took place.

I am not unreasonable. I wouldn't ask them to refund cash. Even a 1 for 1 HP refund is a ridiculous request IMO. I realize they have a business to run and families to feed. But like I said before in other threads, what bothers me most is the lack of empathy for their customer base. 12.5K ISO wont even put a dent into the now 5 Million? ISO needed to max all characters, and anyone who purchased even 1 alliance spot feels like they are appreciated.

I understand that they have no obligation to do anything. But a token gesture (no pun intended) turns this whole fiasco into a speed bump and avoids 90% of the uproar we have had on the forum.
  • Securities or not securities or whatever magic....
    They made my purchase void. The agreement between me and the buyer has been nullified and i am left with zilch value for my money spent.
    The guy used a metaphor to explain how we feel riped off. They bite the hand that feed them like a snake. Under contract laws, D3 has just voided our agreement by making my purchase worthless and this is not the first time they do this. It seems like this is their business model. Bait people to buy something then devalue it and create something else of value and make it worthless.
    It is very interesting indeed how they gave the free riders a pass and penalised those who paid.
    I dont mind them updating, changing or whatever else they want to do but refund me if you nullify my purchase. I played many games and they all update and make changes but they refund you in one way or another or if they cant handle individual request they push out a batch low tier refund to everyone to appease them.
    Anyways i have been here over a year and i have seen changes and whining and if there is one thing i have learnt i D3 dont give a damn and they have never retracted or apologised for anything.
    Hence why i am throwing in the towel and saying goodbye to my members tonite. Its been a fun ride. Cld have been better but i feel ripped off and i am pissed and i feel like an idiot to have thought " Hmmmm gd game, ill support them" pffffttt...
  • They did apologise for the server down. Which in my books wasn't that serious and didnt necessitate rewards. They have their priorities in a weird order.
  • turborunner
    Options
    I agree with stray 1 alliance slot brought = 1 roster slot that way it's not a full refund but will be better than nothing

or 1 power upgrade of their choosing for the mutants per alliance slot brought
  • I would also like compensation for having to put up with my demanding commanders. I've performed hours of work without any remuneration. Only the chat counts as fun, so if playing for points is not fun, by definition if must be work. We'll say an average of 20 hours a week for 7ish seasons, well, it adds up. I prefer cash, but I am also willing to accept HP or continued access to chat after I go casual.

I also I would like compensation for all those dvd's that I bought that other people got to see on television for free. Moreover, I should be compensated for buying PS3 when it came out, while other people who bought it later got it for over a $100 less. Lastly, I bought a bottle of water at a fast food place, but other people got free cups to get free water from the dispenser. Yea, I drank half the bottle (with lots of back wash), but I'd still like a full refund.
  • HailMary wrote:
    <facepalm>

I'm so disappointed in you HailMary. Do your research! I read on the internet on a blog from a guy (or woman posing as a guy) that was visited and given special knowledge by aliens that indeed MPQ Alliance slots are securities. Also, the guy reveals that for only $99.99, we can have the privilege of surviving the rapture by staying with him in in his mom's basement and ten and a half cats.
  • Moral
    Moral Posts: 512
    Options
    You know that iPhone 5s you paid $150 for in July?

They're giving them out for free.

Early adopters pay. It's life. You're paying for a temporary advantage. You don't get to enjoy the rewards of the advantage then demand a refund when the playing field gets leveled down the road.
  • This is just business. I paid 600-700hp (i forget) to join an alliance waaaay back when they were first implemented. I've since joined a new alliance to which I paid nothing for. Over that time I've earned thousands of HP, iso and extra covers. I don't expect anything from D3 for this change nor should you. This is mainly a decision to help out newer players because those are the people that are more likely to drop a few bucks to build up their roster. I've seen a few people in Alliances of 5 or 6 people and that's honestly a waste of time. At least now they'll be able to compete.
  • famousfoxking
    famousfoxking Posts: 245 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I like the fact that you basically started your post with "Don't reply if you disagree with me. I'm not interested in disagreement, I only want to talk to people who agree with me 100%." In the interests of complying with your request, I agree with you 100%! Anyone who spent HP on an alliance should be fully compensated. However, there isn't an option on your list of choices I would be satisfied with.

Where's the option for "Arrange a date with Scarlett Johansson"? That is the only recompense I would find appropriate, assuming of course my wife allows it. If for some reason, that isn't possible, then I guess I'll just settle for the HP and ISO I received for being in an alliance in the first place.
  • Coppertouret
    Coppertouret Posts: 169 Tile Toppler
    Options
    viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18552

link for petition to maybe gain some ground with devs
  • Killinstinct
    Killinstinct Posts: 99 Match Maker
    Options
    HailMary wrote:
    <facepalm>

Its not a security no I never said that. It is a currency though, digital or otherwise. Please instead of trolling any post I make tell me what tort it comes under?

So today I tried to bought a phone for my hero points. Guess what, it didn't work ! You know why? Because it isn't a currency! And that my sir, is a simple fact.