Hi, High Stakes! - Season VII - Nov. 3 - 5

Options
Um, wow. Can't figure why this wasn't made yet...

Ok. I'll try it out. I'm up for a few hours.

Level Buff: + 50%
Loaner Power: blackflag.png

Top Prize: icon_wolverine.pngyellowflag.png plus star.pngstar.pngstar.png prize!

star.pngstar.pngstar.png Prize: icon_thor.png
Rank 2-5: greenflag.pngyellowflag.pngredflag.png
plus 5000 iso8.png & 100 imcoin.png
Rank 6-25: yellowflag.pngredflag.png
7-10 gets 2000 iso8.png / 100 spideycoin.png
11-25 gets 1000 iso8.png / 50 imcoin.png
Rank 26-100: redflag.png
26-50 earns 1000 iso8.png / 50 spideycoin.png
51-100 earns 500 iso8.png / 25 imcoin.png

star.pngstar.png Prize: icon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png
Rank 101-200 gets 500 iso8.png
Rank 201-300 gets 250 iso8.png

All remaing players got sharted on....probably... icon_redface.gif

For the Alliance!
Rank 1-100: icon_thor.pngredflag.png
Rank 101- 500 earn imcoin.png
iso8.png for all remaining groups

Progression rewards(Progs)
star.pngstar.pngicon_storm.pngyellowflag.png at 500

star.pngstar.pngstar.png Nightstalker blackflag.png at 1100

star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_nickfury.pngpurpleflag.png at 1300

Comments

• IReallyHatePVP
    IReallyHatePVP Posts: 254
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Blade's coming out party is here, punny title and all!

Whereas Ms. Danver's event saw insane totals, we should (pun alert) avoid bloodshed with longtime fave(but veteran acquired) icon_thor.png covers as the star.pngstar.pngstar.png reward. Therefore, we should see much more reaonable* totals.

More importantly, share here on how MPQ's first vampire...hunter feels in the PVP space.

Or, ya know, how the reward choice is going to allow you to 'take it easy' on this one. Whichever.

*reasonable in MPQ land being about >= 1500 pts
  • over_clocked
    Options
    there are nifty templates already to use:
    [b]Single Player Rewards[/b]

1. All rewards from the previous rank + 
        2-5. 5000  :iso8:, 100 :imcoin:, 
        6-10. 2000 :iso8:, 100 :imcoin:, 
        11-25. 1000 :iso8:, 50 :imcoin:,   
        26-50. 1000 :iso8:, 50 :imcoin:, 
        51-100. 500 :iso8:, 25 :imcoin:,   
        101-200. 500 :iso8:, 
        201-300. 250 :iso8:,   
        301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 :iso8:
        401-500. 70 :iso8:

[b]Progression Rewards:[/b]

25. Standard Token
        50. 100 :iso8:
        100. +3 All Boosts   :red:  :yellow:  :green:  :black:  :blue:  :purple:
        200. 250 :iso8:
        300. Recruit Token -
        400. 25 :imcoin:
        600. 25 :imcoin:
        700. 1000 :iso8:
        800. 50 :imcoin:
        900. Recruit Token -
        1000. 1000 :iso8:
        1200. 1000 :iso8:

[b]Alliance rewards:[/b]

1-2. 5000 :iso8:, 250 :imcoin:, 
        3-10. 5000 :iso8:, 100 :imcoin:, 
        11-25. 3000 :iso8:, 100 :imcoin:, 
        25-50. 2000 :iso8:, 100 :imcoin:, 
        51-100. 1000 :iso8:, 50 :imcoin:, 
        101-250. 1000 :iso8:, 50 :imcoin:
        251-500. 500 :iso8:, 25 :imcoin:
        501-1000. 500 :iso8:
        1001-10000. 250 :iso8:

• Loaner is :blade: I suppose. I can't login to game right now.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    If I can somehow place top 25 I'll have a cover-maxed Thor. One in need of a respec because 5/4/4 is hardly ideal, but still, it'd be nice.

So yes, vets should definitely take it easy on this one.
  • I'm not really sure the high scorers are really ever going to take it easy. They seem to be doing it to see how high they can push the numbers, not to win covers. I'm probably wrong, but that's the impression that I get when I see 2000+ scores, because a lot of these people most likely already have the HP and ISO to buy up covers and level the character without the awards provided. I think.
  • I was hoping it would be "Always bet on black" or at least some sort of Wesley Snipes quote. Or a terrible pun like "Fangs for the memories."
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    A stake pun isn't terrible enough for you?
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    I'm not really sure the high scorers are really ever going to take it easy. They seem to be doing it to see how high they can push the numbers, not to win covers. I'm probably wrong, but that's the impression that I get when I see 2000+ scores, because a lot of these people most likely already have the HP and ISO to buy up covers and level the character without the awards provided. I think.

I can say more - most of the top10 players already have that covers (even 4*'s which are announced as a top progression rewards). So, frankly, it's just beyond my comprehension why people pushing so hard for something they already have... I wouldn't mind and even wouldn't care but because of all this rush it's getting harder and harder earning some covers for transitional players...
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Nefesh wrote:
    dearbluey wrote:
    I'm not really sure the high scorers are really ever going to take it easy. They seem to be doing it to see how high they can push the numbers, not to win covers. I'm probably wrong, but that's the impression that I get when I see 2000+ scores, because a lot of these people most likely already have the HP and ISO to buy up covers and level the character without the awards provided. I think.

I can say more - most of the top10 players already have that covers (even 4*'s which are announced as a top progression rewards). So, frankly, it's just beyond my comprehension why people pushing so hard for something they already have... I wouldn't mind and even wouldn't care but because of all this rush it's getting harder and harder earning some covers for transitional players...

At this stage, I imagine all of this pushing has very little to do with the covers and everything to do with bragging rights for the seasonal placement. They seems to be making a collective decision to push harder when the cover is a reward, but it's not like they go from 2000 to 900 in off-days. They're still pushing 1600-1800 in lesser events.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Also, don't forget this is a PvP game. If I am in the top .001% and I can waste cover rewards for anyone below me, that helps me by keeping competition down. A completely valid tactic.

And don't forget that the alliance season reward is 4* Thor. So even people who couldn't care less about this specific reward are going to top out for their alliance.

Personally I'm just sad my MMR has made PvP unplayable for me (more accurately: un-rankable). I could use a 3* Thor cover, even a red one!
  • A stake pun isn't terrible enough for you?

No - to be a truly terrible pun it needs to involve using a word which isn't strictly speaking a homophone (or a different usage of the same word).

But, in any case, I would have preferred a Wesley Snipes quote.
  • Ben Grimm wrote:
    A stake pun isn't terrible enough for you?

No - to be a truly terrible pun it needs to involve using a word which isn't strictly speaking a homophone (or a different usage of the same word).

But, in any case, I would have preferred a Wesley Snipes quote.

I suppose they could have just called it "Slide That Stake In Hard" and walked away giggling.
  • CrookedKnight
    Options
    "Ice Skating Uphill" would be ideal, of course, but that's not really a family friendly quote to reference.
  • My lThor is 1/1/4 so just about anything I get in this will work for me as long as it's something.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Already thinking ahead, but Sentry bombing a level 200+ Thor is hard, right? Like, I can look forward to an easier PvP for once because no one will want to hit me?
  • Already thinking ahead, but Sentry bombing a level 200+ Thor is hard, right? Like, I can look forward to an easier PvP for once because no one will want to hit me?

L 250 Thor should have a little more than 15k hit points. The problem is that everyone shield hopping will have that amount of health, so while hopping will be slower, it will be slower for everyone. People with a not-level-capped Thor will surely be targeted more, but that doesn't mean you're totally safe (you are NEVER totally safe).
  • My Thor is already maxed, so I can take it easy this go around and just concentrate on maxing my Sentry.
    Of course once I do he will be nerfed
  • Kappei wrote:
    Already thinking ahead, but Sentry bombing a level 200+ Thor is hard, right? Like, I can look forward to an easier PvP for once because no one will want to hit me?

L 250 Thor should have a little more than 15k hit points. The problem is that everyone shield hopping will have that amount of health, so while hopping will be slower, it will be slower for everyone. People with a not-level-capped Thor will surely be targeted more, but that doesn't mean you're totally safe (you are NEVER totally safe).

15k hp is unfortunately within Sentry's op range of AOE damage + few rounds prior buildup.
  • If this PvP doesn't have bloodshed like last pvp (where I luckily placed 1st in my bracket) I can finally get my first set of Thor 3 covers.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    If this PvP doesn't have bloodshed like last pvp (where I luckily placed 1st in my bracket) I can finally get my first set of Thor 3 covers.
    Oh don't worry, with your win you officially reached "veteran" status and will get sharded into death brackets from now on.