Fly-Fight-Win - Oct 31st-Nov 2nd - Season VII

Options
13»

Comments

• areacode212
    areacode212 Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Damn it, I thought the event would end at 1am EST, not midnight. ARRGH, ended in 120th place. At least I was already drinking....
  • IReallyHatePVP
    Options

...Got sharted on again....

[cracks open a new Uncanny pack]

............... icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Wobby
    Wobby Posts: 286 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    djsquillz wrote:
    scoring across the board was absolutely bonkers this event. i think this might have been the highest scoring pvp ever.

marc

I would not be surprised. I don't think I have ever attempted to go past the 1,300 progression reward -- broke the 1,800 plane here. Was it worth it? No. But I was far too committed to back down.
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Was too committed myself. Climbed my way up to tied with 5th at 1844 but would have still taken 6th as he got there first. Then got hit for 75 right at the end, but got a new high score for me.

Congrats to those in my bracket that got the cover

Brothanoomsy
    FluffyHedgeHog
    Zonatahunt
    And two others I can't remember, sorry about that.

That was crazy and I'm pretty sure 1300 was needed for top 10 but can't check to be sure.

Won't be doing that again anytime soon and I have no idea how some players do that every PvP

I have a new level of respect for those that do this.

Silver lining to all this is it did move me into top 50 for season score and helped make sure the alliance got top 50.
  • Still getting a leaderboard error every time I try to load them after a tournament, but I got #28 with 710. I was pacing the top 10 for a while, but then I couldn't find a node over 22 no matter how many times I skipped and slipped down. Got hit for -30 in the last minute and it kicked me out of top 25.
  • Weird. I was at 881 at #26. In the last 4 minutes, I unshielded and attacked for 45 points. It registers me at 927 now, but still at #26. I got the token too, so I know it registered me as gaining the points, but I only got one cover. icon_e_sad.gif And the leaderboard is broken. I know it is incredibly unlikely for me to have gained 45 points but remained in the same place. I think it broke and I got hosed. :\ I don't know if I should report this to CS; I would be happier if I could see the scoreboard and see what the final total was.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Damn it, I thought the event would end at 1am EST, not midnight. ARRGH, ended in 120th place. At least I was already drinking....

Same here, regarding the Daylight Savings Time. Luckily, I had played this afternoon, got around 400 some points. Woke up with about 2 hours to go, had a bunch of retals to fight thru. Ended up in 27th place with 713 points. Highest points ever scored for me. I have my Captain Marvel at 104 out of possible 127 levels. I think that helped, because I saw a lot less attacks while I was playing those last 2 hours. Sentrybombing is time consuming if you're fighting a Captain Marvel with yellow covers, because every rupture triggers an energy absorption animation. Ran out of time to try to go for Top 25. Would've loved another Blade cover.
  • russreid91 wrote:
    Was too committed myself. Climbed my way up to tied with 5th at 1844 but would have still taken 6th as he got there first. Then got hit for 75 right at the end, but got a new high score for me.

Congrats to those in my bracket that got the cover

Brothanoomsy
    FluffyHedgeHog
    Zonatahunt
    And two others I can't remember, sorry about that.

That was crazy and I'm pretty sure 1300 was needed for top 10 but can't check to be sure.

Won't be doing that again anytime soon and I have no idea how some players do that every PvP

I have a new level of respect for those that do this.

Silver lining to all this is it did move me into top 50 for season score and helped make sure the alliance got top 50.

I was in that bracket. I positioned about 23rd, IIRC, with 915 points.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    With 6.25hrs left on the clock, finished up with 608 points at ~35th place, unable to progress any further due to being walled off by 166s.
    Lost over 180 points in being attacked in those last 6hrs while I slept, because I didn't have the HP reserves to throw up a shield. (Those things tend to be expensive at 150HP a piece...)

Whoop-tee-tinykitty-doo. icon_rolleyes.gif Remind me again why I even try?
  • _RiO_ wrote:
    With 6.25hrs left on the clock, finished up with 608 points at ~35th place, unable to progress any further due to being walled off by 166s.
    Lost over 180 points in being attacked in those last 6hrs while I slept, because I didn't have the HP reserves to throw up a shield. (Those things tend to be expensive at 150HP a piece...)

Something about the journey, not the destination?
  • _RiO_ wrote:

Almost exactly the same. I lost over 200 points over night earning myself a top 200 reward. Ugh...
  • _RiO_
    Options
    dearbluey wrote:
    _RiO_ wrote:

Something about the journey, not the destination?

The fun part about a journey is seeing the different sights along the way. Not being stuck with broken down transportation in a water hole in the middle of nowhere.
    The 2* -> 3* transition is like being stuck in the middle of nowhere, with every part of the native population and the environment being put to work to keep you there.

Fun fun fun! [/sarcasm]
  • With all this blood lust for blade I managed to snag first at the end to get both my second fury cover and all three blade covers. Lucky I must say
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    With all this blood lust for blade I managed to snag first at the end to get both my second fury cover and all three blade covers. Lucky I must say

What score did you need to get first?
  • lukewin wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:
    With all this blood lust for blade I managed to snag first at the end to get both my second fury cover and all three blade covers. Lucky I must say

In my bracket I had 855-857 points after I shielded and the second place winner only had about 550 points
  • _RiO_
    Options
    Pamizard wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:

In my bracket I had 855-857 points after I shielded and the second place winner only had about 550 points

How is it that I never seem to be sorted into one of these normal brackets. icon_cry.gif
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    _RiO_ wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:
    lukewin wrote:
    Pamizard wrote:

How is it that I never seem to be sorted into one of these normal brackets. icon_cry.gif
    Take a break for a couple of months like Pamizard did, and you will.
    For your first PVP after your return.
  • acescracked
    acescracked Posts: 1,197 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    6f6yUK5.jpg?1

icon_lol.gif Some poor schmucks thought 2 days ago "Maybe I can get top 5 with 1500"

*waves* Hi!!!! Let's do this again sometime!