Fly-Fight-Win - Oct 31st-Nov 2nd - Season VII

Options
The much desired Blade rewards are upon us! And the forum doesn't have his sigil yet...

Single Player Rewards

1. All rewards from the previous rank + icon_nickfury.pngblueflag.png
2-5. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, Blade blackflag.pngpurpleflag.pnggreenflag.png
6-10. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, Blade purpleflag.pnggreenflag.png
11-25. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, Blade purpleflag.pnggreenflag.png
26-50. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, Blade greenflag.png
51-100. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png, Blade greenflag.png
101-200. 500 iso8.png, Classic icon_storm.pngblueflag.png
201-300. 250 iso8.png, Classic icon_storm.pngblueflag.png
301-400. 2x Standard Token, 140 iso8.png
401-500. Standard Token, 70 iso8.png

Progression Rewards:

25. Standard Token
50. 100 iso8.png
100. +3 All Boosts
200. 250 iso8.png
300. Recruit Token - Fly-Fight-Win
400. 25 imcoin.png
500. Original icon_blackwidow.pngpurpleflag.png
600. 25 imcoin.png
700. 1000 iso8.png
800. 50 imcoin.png
900. Recruit Token - Fly-Fight-Win
1000. 1000 iso8.png
1100. icon_caroldanvers.pngyellowflag.png
1200. 1000 iso8.png
1300. icon_invisiblewoman.pnggreenflag.png

Alliance rewards:

1-2. 5000 iso8.png, 250 imcoin.png, Blade greenflag.png
3-10. 5000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, Blade greenflag.png
11-25. 3000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, Blade greenflag.png
25-50. 2000 iso8.png, 100 imcoin.png, Blade greenflag.png
51-100. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png, Blade greenflag.png
101-250. 1000 iso8.png, 50 imcoin.png
251-500. 500 iso8.png, 25 imcoin.png
501-1000. 500 iso8.png
1001-10000. 250 iso8.png

Comments

• fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    can anyone tell me why with my modest star.pngstar.png roster my first three available matches are
    60/78/63
    60/86/63
    60/94/94
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    fmftint wrote:
    can anyone tell me why with my modest star.pngstar.png roster my first three available matches are
    60/78/63
    60/86/63
    60/94/94

Becuase the game likes you icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Actually it is probably becuase of when you joined that there are not a lot of players in your MMR who have joined yet. Give it a couple of hours and skip 1 or 2 and you will probably see more people in your MMR.
  • ironsmudgie
    ironsmudgie Posts: 153 Tile Toppler
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    60/78/63
    60/86/63
    60/94/94

Actually it is probably becuase of when you joined that there are not a lot of players in your MMR who have joined yet. Give it a couple of hours and skip 1 or 2 and you will probably see more people in your MMR.
    I wonder if we'll be bracket buddies again mymtime. You've been in my last 3 or so, and pve.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    60/78/63
    60/86/63
    60/94/94

I wonder if we'll be bracket buddies again mymtime. You've been in my last 3 or so, and pve.

I will be joining tomorrow as I am going for 1300 in the beast PVP for the black X-Force. I will look for you. Are you in my bracket in Real Mcoy?
  • ironsmudgie
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    60/78/63
    60/86/63
    60/94/94

I will be joining tomorrow as I am going for 1300 in the beast PVP for the black X-Force. I will look for you. Are you in my bracket in Real Mcoy?
    Yup.
  • Anyone have event tokens saved from the last time this was run (Sep 8-10 Season V)? I am pretty sure I had some saved but they have disappeared. I know that the old Gauntlet tokens didn't carry over but I still have them.

Need to know if this is a bug or working as intended.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:
    Anyone have event tokens saved from the last time this was run (Sep 8-10 Season V)? I am pretty sure I had some saved but they have disappeared. I know that the old Gauntlet tokens didn't carry over but I still have them.

Need to know if this is a bug or working as intended.
    Nope, I still have 2, and I actually have 4 from that last falcon pvp.
  • Reminder: Daylight Savings switches over tonight in the US. Not sure exactly how it will affect end times and shielding, but it probably will, in some way, shape, or form.
  • lukewin
    lukewin Posts: 1,356 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    Reminder: Daylight Savings switches over tonight in the US. Not sure exactly how it will affect end times and shielding, but it probably will, in some way, shape, or form.

Daylight Savings kicks in at 2 am EST. Don't think it matters b/c if shields are on a 3 hr countdown, for example, if one was set at 1 am, it would still go off at 4 am, you'd just get a bonus hour, the hour that 2 am went back to 1 am. If it is based strictly on a timestamp, one set at 1 am would still be set to go off at 4 am, you'd still get a bonus hour. I think the only people that would be affected are the ones that are not shielded after 2 am. Wasn't around for the spring forward Daylight Savings, but I assume that is the one you would feel cheated out of an hour, as time sprang forward.
  • Actually, DST shouldn't have an effect on anything. All times are geared toward countdown (1 hr, 2 hrs, etc) and not specific time slots (1am, 2am, etc). So with 3 hours left, no matter what the clock says, you still just have 3 hours left.

Edit: Luke beat me to it.
  • What I mean is that if you set a 24 hour shield at 1 am EDT thinking it would last until the end of the PVP, you would be wrong. It's more directed at the people in the US who are used to setting shields at a certain times based on the clock than people outside the US who are using the time remaining bar.
  • I see. I'm in the US, but I still use the time remaining bar more than a clock for my timing in-game. I think a big part of that is that I use Steam, which full screens so I can't see the clock on my computer when I play. It's just easier for me to go by the time remaining. This usually screws me up, since I don't often realize a PVP ends at 1am instead of midnight, and I have to be up at 6am.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Fievel wrote:
    I see. I'm in the US, but I still use the time remaining bar more than a clock for my timing in-game. I think a big part of that is that I use Steam, which full screens so I can't see the clock on my computer when I play. It's just easier for me to go by the time remaining. This usually screws me up, since I don't often realize a PVP ends at 1am instead of midnight, and I have to be up at 6am.
    You can set window-mode on Steam. Any size.
  • I...never actually knew that. Thanks. That actually helps a lot, as I've always hated having to close out of steam every time I wanted to check my mail or do something other than play a game.
  • I got 106th in Real McCoy with 550~ pts, I know people really like Captain Marvel but I've NEVER been kicked out of top 100 with a score like that before. I didn't even get attacked when my shield expired!

I say that to ask this: what score should I aim for to guarantee myself a blade cover? I thought that number was 600 but maybe with 4*Thor on the line and Blade, its even higher now?
  • xequalsy
    xequalsy Posts: 231
    Options
    raisinbman wrote:
    I got 106th in Real McCoy with 550~ pts, I know people really like Captain Marvel but I've NEVER been kicked out of top 100 with a score like that before. I didn't even get attacked when my shield expired!

I say that to ask this: what score should I aim for to guarantee myself a blade cover? I thought that number was 600 but maybe with 4*Thor on the line and Blade, its even higher now?
    Unfortunately that number depends a lot on which bracket you find yourself in - in mine for example your score would have been enough for top 100. If you find yourself in a similar bracket as this time all I can say is probably aim for the 600 to be safe.
  • Was attacked 7 times on my way to 800 points, won all 7 O_O

Yeah, this will jinx it, and I know my Patch + Daken team won't stand up to a real assault of a Sentry bomb or level 270 Xforce, but still, wow... Pretty sure this is the first time I've made it to 800 points without being knocked down even once.

Edit: Oops, was only paying attention to Red, and now Cap Marvel tanks Yellow instead of Patch.... On the one hand, it can be useful. On the other, not good for sustainability.

Well, standard Sentry-Bombed a 40 pointer to 936 and shielded till the end. Probably won't unshield unless its somehow not good enough for top 25 (or if it's very close to top 10). I'm no whale to hope for top 5 in this one. I kinda wish I could've left Patch and Daken as the defense team, but no easy prey were coming up anymore, and didn't want to push my luck. Will have to monitor the shield and PVP end time to make sure daylight savings time doesn't bite me...
  • ironsmudgie
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    fmftint wrote:
    60/78/63
    60/86/63
    60/94/94

And once again we are bracket buddies. I am currently 9th and you are 13th.
  • russreid91
    russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Options
    The high scores I was seeing in Real McCoy were obviously just a tune up for this event. Top 5 in my bracket all have over 1640 and there is still 8 hours to go.

I'm over 500 points behind and just holding onto 8th, doesn't look like I will be getting top 5 and but I think I need to keep pushing as 1300 may be needed for top 25 at this rate.

With all the mediocre characters recently people are going crazy for somebody decent.

Usually after a character is introduced they are required for the next PvE and one of their covers is also the progression reward. Blade is required in the Gauntlet but no cover. Do you think he will be required for the next one as we'll? And have another cover up for grabs?
  • Grrrrrrr...

Missing 120 points from my last shield hop...

Points simply didn't register. Putting in a cs ticket if pointless, so I have no clue what to do besides curse the name of the person who decided that a split client/server makeup was ok.

Noob.

--there. I feel a little better.