I am so over your PVE format

13»

Comments

• ScrubJay
    ScrubJay Posts: 90 Match Maker
    Not exactly sure why I grinded the last month of events. I'm not going to have the ISO to level those 4* characters for 6 months anyway. I guess I just like the idea of competing, whereas I can't do that in PVP.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Lerysh wrote:
    So you are purposely soft capping your 3*s to keep scaling down, or do you really not have any 166s in almost a year of playing?

Getting at least top 150 for a single cover is easily obtainable by anyone who is a daily player. Hell, I've mostly only been doing the essentials every 2.5 hours and I am ranked 25 in my overall bracket. I don't have the same scaling issues as some people (and I don't know why that is), so the essentials are a breeze even with my **** 2 cover Ms. Marvel.

I've been playing since the PC/Steam launch, which is close to a year. The highest soft-cap I have is on Psylocke, who is still one black cover away from an ideal build. All others are missing 3 or more covers or have 5s in the wrong color(s). All in all, I could take about 4 of them to Lvl 130, all with **** cover distributions. And then I have two more I could take to 110. That's it. Anything else is low-level material that's not yet usable in any way or form other than serving as keys to unlock essential nodes.

Things run substantially slower for PC players, who have gotten severly screwed over by the 'true healing' change. The typical play pattern was to play a short burst in the morning and one long sitting in the evening, getting most points out of the evening play time. With true healing that evening stretch is no longer possible and it comes close to halving the time we could originally play. In my case I'm also stuck in an EU timezone, which makes competing in PvE for placement even more infeasible and means in PvP I get to spend 150 HP for 8hr shields to keep myself barely in the top 100 after investing a lot of effort to climb to top 25 to 'buffer' a points lead. (With the recent 166 wall having moved down to 500-600 this is not even possible anymore and PvP is basically as much of a crapshot as PvE.)