I am so over your PVE format

Comments

• The Gauntlet is the last time I felt I went on a quest for something...and that didn't even have a story. Just progression. Story is not the focus of this game.

I still don't frogive them from taking away my BP and Psy covers because I didn't have a BP already in my roster.
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Okin107 wrote:
    The Gauntlet is the last time I felt I went on a quest for something...and that didn't even have a story. Just progression. Story is not the focus of this game.

I still don't frogive them from taking away my BP and Psy covers because I didn't have a BP already in my roster.
    They were not taken away from you. -.- How can something be taken away if you never had it in the first place?
  • locked wrote:
    Okin107 wrote:
    The Gauntlet is the last time I felt I went on a quest for something...and that didn't even have a story. Just progression. Story is not the focus of this game.

They were not taken away from you. -.- How can something be taken away if you never had it in the first place?

Because I beat all the nodes in all three subs BUT the essential ones that I didn't have BP. It's like saying to a kid "I'll give you some candy but only if you have some candy on you already!" Maybe it's not the best comparison, BUT I WANT MY CANDYYYYY!
  • over_clocked
    over_clocked Posts: 3,961
    Okin107 wrote:
    locked wrote:
    Okin107 wrote:

Because I beat all the nodes in all three subs BUT the essential ones that I didn't have BP. It's like saying to a kid "I'll give you some candy but only if you have some candy on you already!" Maybe it's not the best comparison, BUT I WANT MY CANDYYYYY!
    I thought you got off the train, man! Let it go, MPQ doesn't control you anymore :3 Anyway by now you surely have earned a bunch of BP/Psyduck covers. The first Gauntlet was experimental and hopefully they don't repeat the 'BP required to earn BP' tiny feline again.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    Add one more problem with the format -- TUs. Why is it that when I get TUs, I consistently get the ones that require 14+ AP, but when I play PVE, the AI always has Thunderclap, Chemical Reaction, Gravity Warp, Photon Blast, Symbiote Snare, or Onslaught. The AI's TUs are never AOE, but low-enough AP to always go off and cause enough damage that they will require a health pack if I want to use the affected character in a subsequent PVE match.
    It seems the Hunt equips its DAs with only DA TUPs, and usually not Yelena's or Bullseye's. I did get hit by a Control Shift TUP once (which hilariously Shifted my Redwing tile, resetting it for me), so the AI does equip high-cost TUPs. But, it does seem like the AI gets an Onslaught/Thunderclap/Gravity Warp TUP off during most DA fights.
    Okin107 wrote:
    Nah, I think the comparison to a child is quite apt in this case.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    HailMary wrote:
    Okin107 wrote:
    Very mature.
  • +1 on OP

Im tired of facing the same foe for 4 straight months of playing
  • i feel the same way. PVE is not fun. Its a terrible grindy kick in the ****.

marc
  • rednailz
    rednailz Posts: 559
    Just in case some one is watching and taking votes, I'm waaaay over PvE too. And although I'm sick of the sentry/hood PvP game, you face some interesting combos durring the cilmb, and feature charecter can be good. Most issues already noted, but just to add to the pile:

-Enough fighting the same 3 - 6 annoying borring villians.
    -Enough with the level 200 baddies who whipe me out 3 moves into the game on 1 tile going off. I"m all for hard and even too hard, but not "I'm stacked with boosts and have the perfect team, and IF the board is set right I can scrape through"
    -Enough with 2 hour refresh rates. I want my life back again. I used to enjoy playing the game. Now 1 day after PvE starts I'm very resentful and only playing for the reward cover.
    -Higher progression rewards. most PvE people average 2 - 3 times higher than the top progression reward, why not something even fun or nominal like 50 HP or a heroic token? Anything.
    - New maps. I know it probably takes a lot of work, and I can respect that, just keep em coming.

Persoanlly I'd recomend stop throwing in new charecters every week and work on the content more for a while.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    I've been over the format for months.

I'm on Day 363 and I have 10+ Level 100 3*s ..... and I still can't score the new Character in each PvE.

Had some fun during anniversary week, but now we're back to the same ol' grind to nowhere.

So you are purposely soft capping your 3*s to keep scaling down, or do you really not have any 166s in almost a year of playing?

Getting at least top 150 for a single cover is easily obtainable by anyone who is a daily player. Hell, I've mostly only been doing the essentials every 2.5 hours and I am ranked 25 in my overall bracket. I don't have the same scaling issues as some people (and I don't know why that is), so the essentials are a breeze even with my **** 2 cover Ms. Marvel.

PvE is a train you can never get off of because of the featured character awarded last event is used in next event system. Makes it hard to break back in if you skip an event. I am 100% in favor of all progression PvE, but until that happens I am playing the system we have. It isn't that difficult.
  • HailMary wrote:
    Okin107 wrote:

I don't know if you are joking, because in the quoted post I was. If you are not, then I don't think calling me a child is very polite.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    Lerysh wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

I'm on Day 363 and I have 10+ Level 100 3*s ..... and I still can't score the new Character in each PvE.

Had some fun during anniversary week, but now we're back to the same ol' grind to nowhere.

So you are purposely soft capping your 3*s to keep scaling down, or do you really not have any 166s in almost a year of playing?

Getting at least top 150 for a single cover is easily obtainable by anyone who is a daily player. Hell, I've mostly only been doing the essentials every 2.5 hours and I am ranked 25 in my overall bracket. I don't have the same scaling issues as some people (and I don't know why that is), so the essentials are a breeze even with my **** 2 cover Ms. Marvel.

PvE is a train you can never get off of because of the featured character awarded last event is used in next event system. Makes it hard to break back in if you skip an event. I am 100% in favor of all progression PvE, but until that happens I am playing the system we have. It isn't that difficult.

I have 3 characters with maxed covers:
    166 Punisher
    166 Black Widow Grey Suit
    157 Spidey
    (Scary team, i know!)

I took off about 3-4 months this spring/summer only logging in once a day for the daily bonus. I don't soft cap anything; I just don't play now like I did for the first 5 months. I can't do essentials in PvE because I almost never have the newly required character. Last time I won a new character in PvE was She Hulk or Captain Marvel. I've tried to finish top 150 without the required character needed for essentials and it's almost impossible.

I play every day, but I am a very casual player now and I see no point devoting too much time to this game anymore & I refuse to spend any money on MPQ. It's just not worth it.....just like grinding for hours in PvE is not worth it when you know you have no chance at winning the new character. Am I supposed to grind for hours for a minimal chance (1%?) at a single cover that I have no roster spots or HP for? I saved up HP over the last month or so and just used most of it to open up a spot for Devil Dino. I played a lot with Lady Thor during anniversary week and that was fun , but I certainly do not have fun in PvE. Fighting level 250+ bad guys for 20-Iso is a farking joke. Do you think it's fun grinding against scaled up 5/5/5/ Bullseye, Daken, Yelena and Venom and crazy goons for the 1,000,000th time??
  • Lerysh wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

One other thing about PvE..... having to play every 2.5 hours!? EFF that! I don't really think I need to elaborate on why that's ridiculous.

Glad it's working out for you now. Enjoy it while you can.
  • You don't have to, but it's close to that, right.

Every 4-5 hours is also OK. It all depends on what your bracket is doing. I've been """"""lucky"""""" lately. (that's tons of " ", if you could not see).

I could follow the pace of my bracket while I was unable to play the hardest nodes (1/3 of the PvE). But I have to keep an eye on my phone all day long.

Sometimes, I am wondering to what extent MPQ is fun when you HAVE TO grind and clear nodes so that you can get the new character.

As for the 3* you can get them in PvPs and buy the missing covers (that's only an option) but for Ms Marvel, things were different, and D3P are cunning (or greedy).

I definitely have a sour taste in my mouth after The Hunt...
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    also if you have put time and effort and ISO into Daken, you can't use him anywhere, it's all Daken all the time in the stupid Hunt

Simulator.... Gauntlet, as a community I think we need those for our mental health icon_e_smile.gif
  • arktos1971 wrote:
    You don't have to, but it's close to that, right.

Every 4-5 hours is also OK. It all depends on what your bracket is doing. I've been """"""lucky"""""" lately. (that's tons of " ", if you could not see).

I could follow the pace of my bracket while I was unable to play the hardest nodes (1/3 of the PvE). But I have to keep an eye on my phone all day long.

Sometimes, I am wondering to what extent MPQ is fun when you HAVE TO grind and clear nodes so that you can get the new character.

As for the 3* you can get them in PvPs and buy the missing covers (that's only an option) but for Ms Marvel, things were different, and D3P are cunning (or greedy).

Every 4-5 hours, LOL! You know, I read on these forums about people waking up at 3am or 4am, just for this game. I'm not one of those people who has the time (or desire) to play this game in such a way.

Am I supposed to tell my job:
    "excuse me while I stop working and play a game on my mobile device for the next hour."

or

"Excuse me, family..... I need to stop what I'm doing every 3-5 hours so that I can play a game"

or

"Sorry, sleep.... You've been deemed an obstacle in my attempt to win a single cover that I likely don't have a roster spot for anyway."

I'll continue to play causally, when I can and want to, knowing that I don't stand a chance in PvE.
  • HailMary
    HailMary Posts: 2,179
    MikeHock wrote:
    One other thing about PvE..... having to play every 2.5 hours!? EFF that! I don't really think I need to elaborate on why that's ridiculous.

Erm, you "have to" play every 2.5 hours if you want to take top placement in a bad bracket populated by a bunch of people who don't seem to need sleep. IIRC, only twice during the entire Hunt was my time between clears less than 4 hours (most of my clears were separated by 8+ hours), and I got #4 in my bracket.

One alliancemate who had IRL commitments for most of the event got T10 in his bracket by just playing the last bit of it. Of course, that's indicative of another set of problems (RB, **** Euro ending times, etc.), but let's not pretend that somehow everyone has to do lightning-fast optimal clears.
  • HailMary wrote:
    MikeHock wrote:

Erm, you "have to" play every 2.5 hours if you want to take top placement in a bad bracket populated by a bunch of people who don't seem to need sleep. IIRC, only twice during the entire Hunt was my time between clears less than 4 hours (most of my clears were separated by 8+ hours), and I got #4 in my bracket.

One alliancemate who had IRL commitments for most of the event got T10 in his bracket by just playing the last bit of it. Of course, that's indicative of another set of problems (RB, **** Euro ending times, etc.), but let's not pretend that somehow everyone has to do lightning-fast optimal clears.

Erm, good for you, your high scoring alliance all those people it worked out for.
  • MikeHock wrote:
    arktos1971 wrote:
    You don't have to, but it's close to that, right.

Every 4-5 hours, LOL! You know, I read on these forums about people waking up at 3am or 4am, just for this game. I'm not one of those people who has the time (or desire) to play this game in such a way.

Am I supposed to tell my job:
    "excuse me while I stop working and play a game on my mobile device for the next hour."

or

"Excuse me, family..... I need to stop what I'm doing every 3-5 hours so that I can play a game"

or

"Sorry, sleep.... You've been deemed an obstacle in my attempt to win a single cover that I likely don't have a roster spot for anyway."

I'll continue to play causally, when I can and want to, knowing that I don't stand a chance in PvE.

May I sum up all of what you said in one sentence ?

You have a life.
  • In many games, no life players are the ones who succeed.

They made the game addictive, stressful, so that players get hooked. I don't think that will change.