So it turns out I've been overboosting

Options
13»

Comments

• I've never even considered purchasing boosts. If I don't have it, too bad. ISO's too precious. Once I'm down to 7 boosts of a particular type, I'll stop using them as much as I can and save them for the end of tourneys (or in Hulk event to kill those lvl 140s). I stop at 7 cuz you loot them in 3's. So if I'm at 7 and earn some as a reward, I'll hit 10 and have no overflow. Then I'll use them back down to 7. If I'm at 1 boost left, I won't use it. I'm always imagining I'll come across some super duper hard team that I'll wish I'd saved it for. So I end up never actually using my last boosts. icon_rolleyes.gif I reserve my +3 all, +dmg all, red/yellow boosts for teams that will be particularly tough.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    buckfanana wrote:
    I've boosted the heck out of the Hulk event, but ISO has been flowing like a cheap wine lately so I haven't really noticed any "less" of it, and while using 400 ISO for buffs every 3 matches or so, I've still managed to get enough ISO to level my Hulk to 66. Maybe I'm just better at this whole dependency thing than you guys?

2 rounds of Hulk, 1 Lightning round, other tournaments...

Spidey from 65 to 141
    Classic Mags from 85 to 113
    BWGS from 65 to 112
    IM40 from 120 to 122
    Punisher from 15 to 50
    Hulk from 15 to 42
    OBW from 30 to 45
    Hood from 20 to 30
    Probably some others I've forgotten.

I used to keep 10k in reserve for quick leveling... I'm now keeping at least 30k.

And I still have 40k ISO, over 220 Standard tokens (so another 22k), and 11 Heroic tokens (another 1500 or so).
    ok, this convinced me.

I was definitely overboosting.
  • Eddiemon
    Eddiemon Posts: 1,470 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I under boosted. For an age I had 10 of everything.

Now I boost and buy boosts when time matters, or taking on 240s where I need an edge in case the board in unfriendly.

Trying to hit a progression reward before shielding.
    Under 15 mins in a pvp tourney
    Under an hour in PvE where I have a board to clear and multiple repeats.

Other than that I play without performance enhancing thingies.
  • I was 20 points behind first place in the second round of the recent Double Shot tournament. I was shielded, and looking at first place being so close, in the last 15 minutes I managed to do 6 victories thanks to boosts - almost 7, the clock struck the hour, I still had one person left to kill, and got to it - but apparently a little too late. But hey, I got my Baglady cover, so it clearly worked. The kicker is that I wasted 5 seconds to check the top scores, and saw that the former first place had unshielded to keep up. Good times.
  • Ronfar wrote:
    My advice: don't hoard more than 7 of a single type of boost. You sometimes get boosts after winning independent of the listed reward, and if you would get more than 10 of a type of boost, the extras just disappear.

THIS. I can't count how many boosts have just vanished due to lack of capacity.

I mainly use them on high level hunt battles. typically Stockpile All + Stockpile Blue/Purple + Dark Avengers to start spidey off with a complete team stunlock, and get ironman to one match from recharge. If there's a blue match off the jump, you can win without taking a single hit.
  • What you should do is for the unimportant boosts (like say crit +25% damage) just have it permanently on until it runs out, because otherwise you'll just forget about it and waste them. Of course the useful stuff like +AP you should keep an eye on how many you have. I use the +% damage stuff pretty liberally, though the +damage to Avengers should be budgeted simply because it's likely the most useful one.
  • Problem solved!
  • flemingant
    flemingant Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Options
    How would you suggest we do for 230 levels characters? No boosts really......