*** Blade (Daywalker) ***

Options

Comments

• Polares wrote:
    Blade with 5 in green, against goons where you can bring a team that uses no red, and where you can leave all red on the board safely is crazy good, in 3 or 4 turns you have 8 strike tiles in the board doing 450+ damage extra !!! Then if you fire purple, they are dead in a blink of an eye.
    Exactly, actually laken kinda useless there coz blade strikes deals more damage n chemical will not be cast to keep redwing flying.
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    tobi69 wrote:
    Polares wrote:
    Blade with 5 in green, against goons where you can bring a team that uses no red, and where you can leave all red on the board safely is crazy good, in 3 or 4 turns you have 8 strike tiles in the board doing 450+ damage extra !!! Then if you fire purple, they are dead in a blink of an eye.
    Exactly, actually laken kinda useless there coz blade strikes deals more damage n chemical will not be cast to keep redwing flying.

No, Laken very useful with Falcon, it's not that hard to get 10 blue if you are worried about losing Redwing ability, but sometimes doing 2K dmg plus beefed strike tiles is a life saver. Psylocke makes an okay replacement for Daken if you are using Blade.
  • Phaserhawk wrote:
    tobi69 wrote:
    Polares wrote:

No, Laken very useful with Falcon, it's not that hard to get 10 blue if you are worried about losing Redwing ability, but sometimes doing 2K dmg plus beefed strike tiles is a life saver. Psylocke makes an okay replacement for Daken if you are using Blade.

y, damn rite man, kinda underestimated his blue. Beside from the pics u can see there's 16 blue already, i just forget to cast it,lol.
    With blade arrival,laken built now may tweaked to 3/5/5 for PVP purpose. Hmmm...scary.... damn, i need 2 blue laken,lol.
  • Sometimes I end up having a ton of blue (like 20+) and converting 8 blue tiles to green does create a pretty awesome cascade too.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    tobi69 wrote:
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    tobi69 wrote:
    Polares wrote:

y, damn rite man, kinda underestimated his blue. Beside from the pics u can see there's 16 blue already, i just forget to cast it,lol.
    With blade arrival,laken built now may tweaked to 3/5/5 for PVP purpose. Hmmm...scary.... damn, i need 2 blue laken,lol.

I would not suggest that. You can't always guarentee red, but you usually can get a few green matches early. I would go 5/3/5 over 3/5/5
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Have been playing with Blade a fair bit in this PVE and it's struck me that Nightstalker is essentially just a wonderful lofted cover drive. Makes me think of a young Michael Vaughan.

Do we have any other unsuspecting cricketers in the game? Perhaps Hulk Smash is because he just dropped an easy catch in the slips. And She Hulk reprieve is her reaction to another outside edge slipping away to the boundary.

(I realise this may be flying over the heads of some of you. Here's an example of a lofted cover drive https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxItstnYnCM )
  • Considering that all my Cricket knowledge is limited to Life, the Universe, and Everything, when do the killer robots show up?
  • I knew I'd seen that action before. Ironically, Colossus' Fastball Special would probably be ruled out for an illegal bowling action that even Malinga would consider a bit of a chucker.
  • Phaserhawk
    Options
    I have to say finally having Blade fully covered, oh my!!!! I had him 5/3/3 (i got really lucky in opening) due to his first event and PvP, when the second time rolled around and 1250 HP I got him to 3/5/5. The loss in dmg from going to 5 black to 3 black was noticeable but if you have enough strike tiles it's okay, I did not notice the 3AP steal to 2AP steal. Now when I went from 3 green to 4 green, holy cow was that amazing, creating 2 strike tiles which seemed to come out of nowhere but when I went to 5 green they seemed to be non-stop, I was loving it. At this poing I was 5/3/5 and was going to stay but I got 2 purple in the recent PvP where he was prize. I can tell you, that jump from level 4 purple to level 5 was INSANE!!! Blade was slaughtering guys, add to the fact that I could protect his purple attack tiles by the sheer fact of just obatining purple is nice. Do I miss that dmg on Nightstalker? Yes. would I have been okay staying 5/3/5...probably, is 3/5/5 ungodly in PvE? Yes. I see where Colognoisseur prefers 5/3/5 in PvP enviornments as it is faster about the damage it does and the fragile nature of tiles in general but in PvE where you don't see X-Force the power of purple is too strong to ignore. I do believe Blade is worth leveling and Blade/Daken/Falcon is my go to PvE team that just obliterates teams. Add to the fact Blade has accelerated healing and yeah, 3/5/5
  • Stanley71
    Stanley71 Posts: 75 Match Maker
    Options
    Hi...
    I developed that Blade's purple won't increase my strike tiles...
    Is it just a display error?
    Has someone the same issue?
  • over_clocked
    Options
    Blade purple doesn't increase any strike tiles. Not their amount, not their strength. What it does do is increase Blade's attack tiles' strength depending on existing friendly strike tiles.
  • Stanley71
    Options
    Huh?
    Was does that mean?!?
  • You much strike tile -> blades attack tile many bummbumm
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The more strike tiles you have, the stronger his attack tiles will be. You have the relationship reversed.
  • Stanley71
    Options
    Oh, now I got it icon_e_smile.gif
    The german translation might be a bit mistakable icon_e_wink.gif
    Thanks for explanation
  • Dayv
    Options
    Could you copy in the German text here? I'd like to see if it looks mistranslated.

Here's the English text.
    Keep Your Enemies Closer - Purple 10 purpletile.png
    Blade ambushes his enemies, trapping them and leaving no escape for his wrath. Creates a Purple Attack tile with base strength 60, with bonus 22 strength for each friendly strike tile on the board (maximum 6 strike tiles)
    Level 2: Strike tile has base strength 82.
    Level 3: 82 attack with bonus 33 for each strike tile(max 6) (Max: Strength 260, bonus 105)
    Level 4: 120 attack(same bonus) (Max: Strength 382, bonus 105)
    Level 5: 2 attack tiles
    Max Level: 382 attack tiles, 105 bonus for each strike tile (1012 with 6)
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phaserhawk wrote:
    I have to say finally having Blade fully covered, oh my!!!! I had him 5/3/3 (i got really lucky in opening) due to his first event and PvP, when the second time rolled around and 1250 HP I got him to 3/5/5. The loss in dmg from going to 5 black to 3 black was noticeable but if you have enough strike tiles it's okay, I did not notice the 3AP steal to 2AP steal. Now when I went from 3 green to 4 green, holy cow was that amazing, creating 2 strike tiles which seemed to come out of nowhere but when I went to 5 green they seemed to be non-stop, I was loving it. At this poing I was 5/3/5 and was going to stay but I got 2 purple in the recent PvP where he was prize. I can tell you, that jump from level 4 purple to level 5 was INSANE!!! Blade was slaughtering guys, add to the fact that I could protect his purple attack tiles by the sheer fact of just obatining purple is nice. Do I miss that dmg on Nightstalker? Yes. would I have been okay staying 5/3/5...probably, is 3/5/5 ungodly in PvE? Yes. I see where Colognoisseur prefers 5/3/5 in PvP enviornments as it is faster about the damage it does and the fragile nature of tiles in general but in PvE where you don't see X-Force the power of purple is too strong to ignore. I do believe Blade is worth leveling and Blade/Daken/Falcon is my go to PvE team that just obliterates teams. Add to the fact Blade has accelerated healing and yeah, 3/5/5

I remember the big math write up I did in response to you concerning thirst + KYEC and why both should be max rank. 3/5/5 even in PvP should be scarier than 5/3/5 since KYEC at max power can do more than nightstalker's damage every turn once its out.

****'s scary, thirst makes me nervous when its putting deluxe level daken strike tiles out early.
  • Stanley71
    Options
    Und immer an die Feinde denken
    Kraftkosten purpletile.png 10

Blade stellt seinen Gegnern eine Falle und überrascht sie mit seinen heimtückischen Angriffen.
    Erstellt ein Lila Induktionsteil mit einer Grundstärke von ...
    Verleiht für jedes verbündete Angriffsteil auf dem Feld einen Bonus von ...
    (max. 6 Angriffsteile).

"Verleiht für jedes verbündete Angriffsteil auf dem Feld einen Bonus von ..." is similar to "Verleiht JEDEM verbündeten Angriffsteil auf dem Feld einen Bonus von..."

But nvm...Now I now how it's meant...
  • dkffiv
    dkffiv Posts: 1,039 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I almost exclusively pair him with Daken and either Patch or XForce - that said I think 4/5/4 is the superior build. If there isn't enough red to trigger thirst there are more than likely green matches to go for instead to generate strike tiles that way. Occasionally I use Blade's black over Xforce's if I need a target down in the 2k health range and either I lack black for surgical or there aren't enough of the primary color on board (like against Doom). Mine is currently 5/4/4 and I'm looking for that last purple (may just buy the last one).
  • Dayv
    Options
    Even the English text could be misinterpreted, probably. It's not an easy thing to get across in limited space.