*** Blade (Daywalker) ***

Comments

• PorkBelly
    PorkBelly Posts: 526 Critical Contributor
    LoreNYC wrote:
    Why do people keep making comparisons with Blade fighting goons? There are so many better pve characters against goons.
    icon_blackwidow.pngicon_captainamerica.pngicon_falcon.pngicon_doctoroctopus.pngicon_hood.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_storm.pngicon_wolverine.png

Maybe - icon_ironpatriot.png
    icon_e_smile.gif

I wouldn't even touch him against goons unless forced to in a heroic.

Blade looks like a fun, fast but lightweight character for early pvp / sim and maybe goofing around in pve - key word being fun.. Because of the rate at which attack and strike tiles multiply AND the fact that you shouldn't ignore matching red just because you have a non-falcon boosted strike tile, I think 3/5/5 looks much better, but in the end, that's not much more than arguing which build is Beast's best?

I wouldn't buy blade's covers as a mostly F2P player but I'll definitely enjoy him for short stints

I ran Blade/Falcon/LDaken in the gauntlet against goons & it was like they weren't even there.
  • ThatOneGuyjp189512
    ThatOneGuyjp189512 Posts: 543 Critical Contributor
    playing against a couple goons in the gauntlet, kill the grenaders and was down to just the lieutenant. got his black off, and i found that it was stealing both his yellow AND pink. Not entirely sure if it's a bug or not or working as intended.
  • Dragon_Nexus
    Dragon_Nexus Posts: 3,701 Chairperson of the Boards
    It steals from the enemy's strongest colour. Perhaps their yellow and purple were at the same value?
  • Fully loaded ai Blade in this pve is ripping me up. If he gets 2 thirsts (4 strike tiles) and then hits keep enemies closer, his two attack tiles each do 700+ damage. He just wiped my patch daken team. Twice.
  • Yeah I agree after getting heavy damaged by his thirst. icon_mad.gif
  • After reviewing Blades health, I feel his health should be inline with 3 star Captain America and Black Panther which at 8500. His current health is 6800 putting him at Deakin and Patch which not fitting his role as tank since he does not have a high DPS rate or burst damage.
  • His health is fine. You have to remember the key factors to him is his AP steal and automatic strike tile generation. He is more of a supportive character rather than a DPS character.
  • True, but he is a Vampire. Hello, all of their strengths and NONE of their weaknesses. Even though he has those great passive abilities his health does not match his character. You seriously can't sit there and tell me that he doesn't deserve a boost in health and be on par with the likes of Captain America and Black Panther. If you really look at it closely it just doesn't make sense. He's practically on the same level as 3* Mystique, only a little higher. I honestly feel like they should tweak it and increase his health. My suggestion would be to implement something along the lines of Daken's healing factor. In conjunction to the red tiles on board, if there are fewer red tiles he loses a percentage of his health. I mean, it would make sense. He's not affected by sunlight so you can't really do anything with that. What is it that gets to Blade and makes him weak and prone to damage? His loyalty and code to not feed on humans. So, again I think it would be good to implement that into the red tile ability. He thirsts when there are X tiles. Well, what happens when those tiles aren't there? Obviously, there's nothing for him to feed on sooooooo there's the damage being done to him to factor in a continued balanced and not-so overpowered character.
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    in case anyone has been holding Tokens waiting for blade to be available, he and mystique are both possible pulls for standard and heroic Tokens now - a much shorter wait than we've had recently.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    kozmikpr wrote:
    True, but he is a Vampire. Hello, all of their strengths and NONE of their weaknesses. Even though he has those great passive abilities his health does not match his character. You seriously can't sit there and tell me that he doesn't deserve a boost in health and be on par with the likes of Captain America and Black Panther. If you really look at it closely it just doesn't make sense. He's practically on the same level as 3* Mystique, only a little higher. I honestly feel like they should tweak it and increase his health. My suggestion would be to implement something along the lines of Daken's healing factor. In conjunction to the red tiles on board, if there are fewer red tiles he loses a percentage of his health. I mean, it would make sense. He's not affected by sunlight so you can't really do anything with that. What is it that gets to Blade and makes him weak and prone to damage? His loyalty and code to not feed on humans. So, again I think it would be good to implement that into the red tile ability. He thirsts when there are X tiles. Well, what happens when those tiles aren't there? Obviously, there's nothing for him to feed on sooooooo there's the damage being done to him to factor in a continued balanced and not-so overpowered character.

Thematically, 'Thirst' is Blade redirecting his always present bloodthirst into fueling a battle-rage. Word the negative effect as Blade expending willpower/constitution/etc. to keep the thirst in check instead, and this fits into his theme.
    You could use this to counter-balance an increased health-pool. However; a vampire can only remain in top physical condition by feeding regulary. As Blade survives on non-human blood or even artificial substitutes, his physique should not reach those levels. So his current healthpool actually does fit thematically as well.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'd argue that a slight health regen would be inline with Blade, but it should be opposite of the Thirst. By that I mean that he spits out Strike tiles when there is too much Red on the board, but if there is not enough Red on the board, he heals. It should be a pretty low amount though, or his health needs to drop further to balance this.

I'd also think there should be around a 3 tile buffer between these two abilities going off. As in normally it takes 11 Red tiles to trigger the Strike tiles, so if there are 7 or fewer his regen triggers. I'd even keep that same threshold at level 5, thus giving him only a 2 tile dead zone between abilities.
  • Ryz-aus wrote:
    in case anyone has been holding Tokens waiting for blade to be available, he and mystique are both possible pulls for standard and heroic Tokens now - a much shorter wait than we've had recently.

That would've been a good idea to do..d'oh
  • Blade turned out to be significantly better than I thought from facing him, but he has a lot of color/function overlap with X Force and The Hood so I don't really see him being used much unless you have neither.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Phantron wrote:
    Blade turned out to be significantly better than I thought from facing him, but he has a lot of color/function overlap with X Force and The Hood so I don't really see him being used much unless you have neither.
    He does have an active purple, so he can be nice for PvE nodes where you have DAs with their strong tiles on purple. A lot cheaper than Fury or DP
  • Spoit wrote:
    Phantron wrote:
    Blade turned out to be significantly better than I thought from facing him, but he has a lot of color/function overlap with X Force and The Hood so I don't really see him being used much unless you have neither.
    He does have an active purple, so he can be nice for PvE nodes where you have DAs with their strong tiles on purple. A lot cheaper than Fury or DP

He also hides nicely behind Daken & Patch who can tank while he heals at an accelerated pace, so long as you avoid AOE attacks. All 3 pump out strike tiles to beef up his purple when triggered and no active skill overlap. Yellow is the only color without an active which can help if using Patch with 4 or fewer yellow covers.
  • Daken Blade Thor also good. Thor's mad HP and active skills means rainbow skill use with no overlaps. Dummy AI's best friend.
  • This Topic was made for me by my bud since i was unable to get on the site till now.

Blade is a Support Guy for this game not a Heavy Dpser so for that Fact his health should be inline with other support tanks of the 3* area Cap and BP which both are at 8,500

the the 6,800 crew is Patch and Daken who are the heavy hitters, also blade is not a human he is a vampire and a unique one at that blade strength and stamina would be on Par or above that of Cap if we really wanted to talk about facts

Also having his health at 8,500 help buffer his low burst but great support powers so he can have staying power. what good is blade and his abilities if his health is sub standard for his role
  • I love his black, but i vote for 3/5/5.
    Purple deals sick damage, esp buffed with falcon inspiration.
    Will use him a lot in TaT icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Image below from TaT Family Reunion IV lvl 156. Pretty easy node thx to blade.
    y1kYJM2.jpg
  • Is it just me or he is a tad bit op ?
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    tobi69 wrote:
    I love his black, but i vote for 3/5/5.
    Purple deals sick damage, esp buffed with falcon inspiration.
    Will use him a lot in TaT icon_e_biggrin.gif
    Image below from TaT Family Reunion IV lvl 156. Pretty easy node thx to blade.
    y1kYJM2.jpg

Blade with 5 in green, against goons where you can bring a team that uses no red, and where you can leave all red on the board safely is crazy good, in 3 or 4 turns you have 8 strike tiles in the board doing 450+ damage extra !!! Then if you fire purple, they are dead in a blink of an eye.