No Holds Barred

Options

Comments

• Misguided wrote:
    Just me, or has the scoring gotten even worse than what we've been seeing over the last couple of weeks? Just lost 38 points in one match to bring me under 300, then lost 22 points to someone with 50 points more than me (while at 298). The "set point" seems even lower. Only one person in bracket above 400.

I just made 800 and now tanking. For comparison the second place has only 384 points. I never seen such discrepancy before. The Devs definitely did something to the scoring.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Getting up to 800 seems like too much of a challenge for my poor maxed out 2* thor/wolvie/o. widow team, since I can only get to around 450 before seeing maxed out 2* teams. I'm going to try tanking to push my MMR down to make a run at it sometime later tonight.
  • Top of my bracket is in the upper 300's and I have no plans sit my butt on the top slot. However, I did manage to finally grab that last pesky Bullseye cover. See you again next Dark Avengers tournament, little dude.

OBW has gotten way more popular. I guess she is nice to have around as a healer and her espionage is mildly annoying to C. Magneto, but she just sits there and takes a whacking on defense.
  • Frozen wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    Just me, or has the scoring gotten even worse than what we've been seeing over the last couple of weeks? Just lost 38 points in one match to bring me under 300, then lost 22 points to someone with 50 points more than me (while at 298). The "set point" seems even lower. Only one person in bracket above 400.

I just made 800 and now tanking. For comparison the second place has only 384 points. I never seen such discrepancy before. The Devs definitely did something to the scoring.
    Getting up to 800 seems like too much of a challenge for my poor maxed out 2* thor/wolvie/o. widow team, since I can only get to around 450 before seeing maxed out 2* teams. I'm going to try tanking to push my MMR down to make a run at it sometime later tonight.

I got to 800 with my Thor/Wolv/Orig Widow team before tanking. I just barely made it to 800 though because I immediately got hit with a -40. I then proceeded to drop from 800 to 3xx in about 2-3 hours. When I hit 800, the next closest was like 511.
  • Leader of my bracket is under 400 points now. Very odd.
  • Problem with this tournament is I don't know whether to push for first now, or just sit until the last hour and try and rush up the charts because of all the retaliations.
  • jozier wrote:
    Problem with this tournament is I don't know whether to push for first now, or just sit until the last hour and try and rush up the charts because of all the retaliations.

Unless your mmr is significantly lower than you honestly think it should be don't do it until the end.
  • jozier wrote:
    Problem with this tournament is I don't know whether to push for first now, or just sit until the last hour and try and rush up the charts because of all the retaliations.

Unless your mmr is significantly lower than you honestly think it should be don't do it until the end.

Nah my MMR is probably insane, unless dropping to the Top 50 due to retaliations in the last Widow Maker tournament helps. I have been finishing near the top of most tournies.
  • windfallstar
    Options
    I made it to 400 for the HP reward and slowly sliding down now. 1st in my bracket seems pretty motivated to claim that spot. Although he has been fluctuating up and down a bit, he's still about 150 points ahead of 2nd. At this point I'm not sure what would be more helpful for me, the IM covers or the Mag covers. I think the top 50 rewards would be more beneficial for my roster, but the extra HP and IM covers wouldn't be bad. Although if I don't get top 4, getting 1 or 2 IM covers is probably worse than 3 of the Mag covers.
  • i guess i'll go for number 1, sitting at number 1 at 500 points. very odd tourney
  • Since there is no other events on this tourney will become alot more active in the final hours.
  • Fighting twice an hour to maintain top 50 I want the 3 mag covers more I can use mags more than im40 right now I expect the last hour to be crazy
  • I just want to say I commend all of you that are still participating. Until pvp is fixed the prizes would have to be amazing to get me in to a tourney again so I think it's great that people are still going all in.

I'm just waiting for my Hulk covers tonight icon_mrgreen.gif
  • Unknown
    edited January 2014
    Options
    Aiming for the IM40, will see if i can make it.

Edit: Actually i'll give up on it, 2h30m left and i cant keep myself top 4, it's obvious what will happen in the last half hour.

I think it's quite greedy of me aiming already for top 4 prizes, when my highest member is a 44 wolverine

I'm glad i got i got the 500 reward (heroic token), it was a Original Black Widow purple icon_e_smile.gif
  • I've been/am busy all day. Personally, I won't be active till about 8:15-8:30. Don't really care...only reward worth anything to me is the hp and maybe the wolvie. Tanked yest from about 250 pts down to less than 30 just for some easy ISO lol. I don't think you can even drop that low in non-messed tournements. With the scoring its probably not worth my effort to fight for #1 anyhow. Would be moldy amusing if their first update of the new year made **** good and ppl got massively angry about that for some reason. Ex: if I had KNOWN he would be that good I would have tried to get (insert ****).

Also, someone frockin told me the outcome of the niner game I recorded to watch. At least it was a good outcome..still was a giantkitty thing to do though. I'll watch it anyway, but that was going to be some jam time for me tomorrow night. Artificial Monday night football.
  • Wow, like others I'm getting smacked around pretty good on thi event. Was much harder to get 400 than I'm used to. Not many with points to fight. With everyone getting up there in levels it seems like anyone can beat anyone. Do agree that the amount of points that are taken on losses seems abnormally night. Went from over 400 to 160 in no time.
  • Got up to 500 the first night, haven't played the rest of the weekend. I was at sub-100 when I started playing again this morning.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wow, not even 300, and I'm having trouble finding matches above 25
  • I'm sitting at like 90 or so (rankwise) and sill getting smacked around for 30 points.
  • I'm sitting at 20 in my bracket and hoping I get hit at least once to knock me down to 21... otherwise I'll yield.

Didn't even make the 400 point progression reward because it's just not worth the time... the 600 one (purple Bullseye) is one of the covers I still need, but I don't want to slog my way to it, especially given the broken PvP system.