Patch Notes - R63 (Live, 10-20-14)

1235»

Comments

• SodaPopinski
    SodaPopinski Posts: 59 Match Maker
    simonsez wrote:
    Are countdowns placed as a teamup supposed to pulse as well? If so, I don't think it's working.

They do pulse, but only once when you click on the character to bring him (or her) to the front of the enemy team. It pulses only once right when they move to the front so you have to catch it or cycle through the enemy's again to notice it.
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    yogi_ wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    Absolutely disagree with you. You spoke as if resources doesn't matter and that all it matters are decisions to do things.

That's absolutely false.

Actually, you totally supported my argument. There are finite resources and the devs choose to use them in a particular way - no one is holding them at gunpoint to do things in a certain way. You gave a list of things that they COULD do, if they wanted to but they are doing what they want. They could stop creating new characters and start rewriting the entire game tomorrow - they won't, but they could. They COULD do a new viewing mode - they are not going to but if they slowed down or stopped something else and reallocated, they could. They could do a model for skins, but they have other priorities.

In their other Q and A, they made mention a few times about risk. So they are a pretty risk averse project / company. Were this game with a different studio maybe it would be structured or updated differently. Were it with another company still maybe it would be different again.

I'm just pointing out they are on a path, entirely of their own planning and they can do what they want with whatever resources they do or don't have but what they do and how they do it says something and what they don't do also says something.

That's an interesting point, because duh? I don't get it. Hopefully I don't come off as rude, but what? How is this even relevant to anything? Obviously they could do anything. They could add Barney the purple dinosaur and the Teletubbies as the next characters, but that's just not a logical thing to do. Things in life have to be prioritized, a lot of time with money in mind --- that's just the way the cookie crumbles.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    yogi_ wrote:
    atomzed wrote:
    Absolutely disagree with you. You spoke as if resources doesn't matter and that all it matters are decisions to do things.

That's absolutely false.

Actually, you totally supported my argument. There are finite resources and the devs choose to use them in a particular way - no one is holding them at gunpoint to do things in a certain way. You gave a list of things that they COULD do, if they wanted to but they are doing what they want. They could stop creating new characters and start rewriting the entire game tomorrow - they won't, but they could. They COULD do a new viewing mode - they are not going to but if they slowed down or stopped something else and reallocated, they could. They could do a model for skins, but they have other priorities.
    Eh?

So your point is that they could make a "better" game (in whatever form you like it) but they choose not to. Because of priorities and limited resources? Because if they choose to make a "better" game, they would take years to put in that new UI, new game mode, recreate the game from scratch and be bankrupt....

I don't get your point... nvm maybe I shouldn't try.
    [
    That's an interesting point, because duh? I don't get it. Hopefully I don't come off as rude, but what? How is this even relevant to anything? Obviously they could do anything. They could add Barney the purple dinosaur and the Teletubbies as the next characters, but that's just not a logical thing to do. Things in life have to be prioritized, a lot of time with money in mind --- that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Exactly how I feel too.
  • _RiO_ wrote:
    Apparently, one of us does not understand how things work at legitimate companies. I'll take five minutes of my time to explain it.

( ... commences to post loads of common knowledge regarding company process ... )

First off; thanks for the condescending tone. I did not need that.

I happen to work in IT. I happen to develop software for businesses that change their needs on almost a weekly basis and usually work according to very strict, hard deadlines (which is largely related to business processes partly outside of their own control). I happen to have experience with triage of change requests and addressing them timely. With close to a year's worth of time, there is no viable excuse for not being able to plan ahead and dedicate the time needed to build such a highly requested feature as the highlighting of countdown tile owners.

You'd need the absolute worst kind of luck with staff leaving, falling ill, landing under a bus, etc. to consistently miss a planned window of opportunity to work on such a feature for an entire year. The only possible explanation for not being able to handle it earlier is because, as you mentioned, other changes were deemed higher priority. So I ask; what other changes? What big changes did we have over the course of an entire year that consistently prevented the planning of a week long development cycle to implement something as trivial as countdown highlights? (And yes; it really should be trivial... If not, someone really screwed the pooch when architecting the game code.)

Alliances & Seasons; 'True Healing'; Team-ups; and the occasional PvE chapter that actually had a new gimmick requiring updated code. That's basically it. Almost every other change that went into this game was a new 'character-of-the-week' to drive cover pack sales along with the twisting and turning of some knobs to optimize the game economy to squeeze players for more cash. Any QoL features that did make it into the game sofar, such as the 'single-click for express level-up', suspiciously always had a money-earning component attached to them. (In case of the express leveling button; it prompts you to buy the additional ISO necessary to complete the level-up process to its end.)

Which brings me to you, and my question for you. You complain the developers do not do things to improve the game. You're not happy when they do improve the game. Why do you play this game if everything about it and everything the developers do make you so miserable?

Perhaps you missed the part where I wrote that I am, infact, happy this change was finally implemented? I only mentioned that I feel the developer does not deserve to be praised for it, as they've left it hanging for such a terribly long time.

You see; I like the core gameplay of this game and I like the setting. However, I severly dislike the attitude with which the developer and publisher have been running the game into the ground and the complete lack of attention to anyone that is not a 'droid or iOS player settled in the US. So I voice my complaints and I am critical of half-baked changes or in this case: changes that arrive far too late.

Having answered your question, let me fire one back at you; why are you such an apologist and suck-up about this?
    This is not flamebait; I honestly would like to know. Sofar the only times I see your posts crop up is when you attempt to intervene and downplay issues when people voice complaints or criticism.

[...]

Now then (...) some positive feedback, because this is something the developer does deserve praise for:
    Great work on the much improved pre-battle splash screen. It's stylish, complete and has just enough zing to get you amped for a tough match. While no-one asked for the graphical redesign to go along with the team-up info, the new screen really feels like a massive improvement over the old one that we can safely refer to the old as dreck.

You can have the last word. Im not going to argue with you. If that's how you feel and how you choose to view things, fair enough.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh boy...

Never mind.
  • In a future update could we maybe get the color indicators for the goons? It would be awesome to not have to memorize them all or check the wiki just to know what color they are generating.
  • In a future update could we maybe get the color indicators for the goons? It would be awesome to not have to memorize them all or check the wiki just to know what color they are generating.

I think with the exception of one of the iso 8 brotherhood mutants that generate black without having a black power, all the goons generate AP of their colored abilities, including passives. There isn't a consistent way to figure if the goon generates 1 or 2 AP of that color, but usually there isn't much you can do about it anyway.
  • Pylgrim wrote:
    No one wants Loki or Daredevil to be Sentry-levels powerful. We just want to be able to play with them and not auto-lose.

Patch + Ldaken + Loki is actually quite fun to run when you're not worried about defense.

And Daredevil can be fun in PVE as well, with the right support. MnMags & GSBW can set up 4-matches targetting those ambushes icon_e_smile.gif
  • The new alliance chat feature on Andriod is terrible. It killed auto correct again so now my alliance messages are something like: hry, durs abupnr eart a ONW TU?

Not cool.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Lerysh wrote:
    The new alliance chat feature on Andriod is terrible. It killed auto correct again so now my alliance messages are something like: hry, durs abupnr eart a ONW TU?

Not cool.

Is it bad that I can still parse this? icon_e_surprised.gificon_e_confused.gificon_lol.gif

1 Purp OBW TUs for everybody!
  • Like the changes, everything seems to work (although I haven't tested invisible colossus yet) so good job.

Hopefully the next patch will include some Character balancing and new storyline icon_e_smile.gif.
  • IceIX wrote:
      Team-Ups
        - Enemy Team-Ups are now displayed on the pre-battle Boost Select Screen. - Alliance sent Team-Up Abilities now display proper level stats when viewed in battle. - Team-Up abilities gained from certain Prologue enemies now display correct level stats when obtained.

The enemy TU selected now blocks your possible TU selection. Was this intentional or a side effect of putting it in the display?