Patch Notes - R63 (Live, 10-20-14)

Comments

• IamTheDanger
    IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    ICEIX, If your still around, I was just wondering, with all the characters coming in, is there an ETA on raising the max number of roster slots? Just curious, I heard that it was planned, but not when. Thanks. JJ
    No ETA but I know for a fact that it was discussed again this week, so it's most definitely on the docket somewhere.

Thanks for the info Ice. I sure hope it's soon though. I had to sell off one of my 1* Hawkeyes and one of my Yelenas icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif to make room for new characters. And in a week, when this PvE is over, I'll have to sell off another to make a space for Ms. Marvel icon_cry.gif . So please, Please, Please, PLEASE raise it soon icon_e_smile.gif . If you do, you'll be my bestest, mostest special, best good friend in the whole Marvel Universe icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif .

As to the update, as always, looking forward to it.

Thanks JJ
  • IceIX wrote:
    It's that spooky time of year - ya know, that time of year just before people start to try and ice skate up-hill.

I caught that reference. Does that mean we're getting Blade as a Halloween surprise? icon_e_smile.gif
  • MarcusGraves
    MarcusGraves Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    holy balls that enemy CD tile change is something I have been waiting for since the game's release, finally no more flamethrower/rocket/tommygun owner guessing.
  • I love this changes. You guys have certainly been busy this past month. Way to go everyone. Keep them coming!
  • Reading this right after 2 sleepless, crazy marathons of Anniversary frenzy just makes my day (I'm knackered as hell but soooooooooooooooooooo happy).

One never gets enough of them :

Thank you !
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    I made a short note of it earlier but given the devs say that IW's and Bagman's abilities seem to cause SO much hassle with the backend, why not just redesign the characters to remove these options. I hardly think anyone will be too upset.

For IW, something like:

* Invisibilty - "mental ability to manipulate ambient cosmic energy for a variety of effects, including the rendering of herself and other objects invisible, and the construction of solid, invisible force fields. She is also able to make objects that have been turned invisible by other sources visible by letting her own energy projection interfere with that other method of invisibility." - something with the intent of the current skill, but reframed more into a Beast, Colossus, Doc Ock, Falcon unique / tile ability or similar.
    * Psionic Force Fields - "able to project a field of psionic force which she can manipulate into a number of relatively simple forms" - creates protect tiles and maybe enhances ones that are currently in play. could even nullify an opponent special tile.
    * Shock Waves - "using her force fields as shock waves hitting her opponent" - some form of straight out damage.

You could even throw in a few charged tiles here somewhere.

And give consideration to making her a 3* character.

Bagman - just change him to remove whatever abilities cause the backend grief and other people have suggestions too - so he at least becomes niche usable.
  • Verno5x
    Verno5x Posts: 36
    This is another blatant money grab from D3. Listening to your players and fixing issues that have been bugging them will cause them to buy more roster slots, health packs, skill ups, etc. The nerve of some companies.....
  • Why are we telling them to make Invis Woman a 3* character? She has the most covers of any of my 4*'s. Just make her on the level of the other 4*'s.

It's like y'all hate me.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    IceIX wrote:
    It's that spooky time of year - ya know, that time of year just before people start to try and ice skate up-hill. Both ways. In the snow.
    So, is this a hint that Blade is coming? Perhaps as part of a Halloween event?

OMG ARE YOU ADDING VAMPIRES TO THE RANKS OF GOONS?
  • DayvBang wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    It's that spooky time of year - ya know, that time of year just before people start to try and ice skate up-hill. Both ways. In the snow.
    So, is this a hint that Blade is coming? Perhaps as part of a Halloween event?

OMG ARE YOU ADDING VAMPIRES TO THE RANKS OF GOONS?

I completely forgot that Blade was part of the Marvel universe. Holy ****. They should definitely make that happen.
  • Every patch I wait for news that they are finally moving the "Ask Alliance for Team-Up" button, and every patch I am disappointed haha.
  • _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pre-battle enemy team-ups and countdowns linked to the enemy. Who says the Devs don't listen?

Fantastic upgrade.

We've been asking for linked countdowns since the very beginning and for inspectable enemy team-ups since team-ups were introduced as a feature. Even when the devs listen, they still operate on Valve time. These two changes were long looooooooo
    ng overdue and while it's nice to finally have them, I don't feel any particular need to congratulate the devs on a job well done.
  • _RiO_ wrote:
    Pre-battle enemy team-ups and countdowns linked to the enemy. Who says the Devs don't listen?

Fantastic upgrade.

We've been asking for linked countdowns since the very beginning and for inspectable enemy team-ups since team-ups were introduced as a feature. Even when the devs listen, they still operate on Valve time. These two changes were long looooooooo
    ng overdue and while it's nice to finally have them, I don't feel any particular need to congratulate the devs on a job well done.

Apparently, one of us does not understand how things work at legitimate companies. I'll take five minutes of my time to explain it.

There is a finite amount of time each week. Therefore, there is a finite amount of production that can be accomplished each week. Per time and production are not infinite, a company cannot accomplish everything that they would prefer to in a week. If you cannot understand this concept, there is no need for you to read further.

Before each week begins, there will be certain things that have to be done that week. These are necessary items, which required time and production be allotted for them before any thing else. This could be preparing reports, reviewing figures, meetings, maintenance, etc. In addition, real companies do not operate on a week to week fly by the seat of your pants business plan. Companies generally have a business plan in which they have short-term and long-term goals. Typically, they have a process to facilitate achieving this goals. Hence, the business will also have a requisite number of hours consumed each week attending to that process. This could be working on releasing two characters per month, preparing updates to correct bugs, discussing which characters they would like to release in the future, developing new content, etc.

On top of this, other issues may come up such as people out sick, server outages, calls from providers, etc. These are things that interrupt the normal business flow and the set plan.

So, if during the week or month, they are able to have any extra time they work on other issues. There's a stack of issues, so they are prioritized, and they'll work either on the most important or the ones that the have sufficient time to address. An example would include indentifying who count downs belong to.

In summary, the developers are not going out of their way to ignore what needs or is desired to improve the game. They are trying their best to get as much done as possible.

Which brings me to you, and my question for you. You complain the developers do not do things to improve the game. You're not happy when they do improve the game. Why do you play this game if everything about it and everything the developers do make you so miserable?
  • It's that spooky time of year - ya know, that time of year just before people start to try and ice skate up-hill. Both ways. In the snow.
    There are no snow here down under infact it is getting bloody hot, that come to the question of when are you addressing the ending time issue because not every one play in your country with snow.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    ^ and if that Q&A showed anything, developing new characters is at the top of the list, and improving whatever else is already in is at the bottom
  • Spoit wrote:
    ^ and if that Q&A showed anything, developing new characters is at the top of the list, and improving whatever else is already in is at the bottom

Actually they said they were working on fixing more of the old characters like they did with m Hawkeye, c mags, and xforce. So its no longer at the bottom. They just don't want to give time tables for it.
  • In a dictatorship you can either kill everyone or bribe everyone, and the same can be said of games like MPQ. MPQ definitely is in the wealthy dictator category. The recent Thor 4* LR was a pretty hefty bribe to make up for past mistakes, and we can be pretty sure giving away such a large number of anniversary tokens must have translated to slightly less sales in the long run (if not, they should always be giving this stuff away!), but it's okay because MPQ can afford it. But since MPQ can afford this, this also means they don't have to care too much about what people have to say. To be fair the forum poster's priority rarely aligns with the priority of the majority so maybe they shouldn't have to care so much. We all complain about how this event sucks or whatever, but if everyone really did stop playing then you'd be able to start an event at #1, come back in 2 days and still be #10 because no one else is playing. If we had that kind of organization then D3 will listen, but as long as you fall to #570 after two days of inactivity that says at least that many guys out of 1000 clearly weren't with you on the plan.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Every character should be as close to balanced (or on a clearly timetabled path to be so) as can be, at all times. This should not be such a difficult concept to understand.

Clearly their budgeting relies on the profit from selling new shiny things in comparison to the lower (but arguably) steadier amounts for reworking older characters. They will also keep getting away with it because the Marvel name keeps attracting enough new players that such a model is obviously sustainable and player turnover is just factored into it. This is fair enough from one perspective but shows little faith in much past the short-medium term.

There is a strong case for much of this game's continued releases to be slowed down a little and some of the things that many people talk about on the forums, given priority and broader things reworked. These forums are like free and valuable customer feedback for the devs - why they don't actually "take advantage" of this more is beyond me (and no, am not just talking about small adjustments or bugs here and there).
  • GothicKratos
    GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
    yogi_ wrote:
    Every character should be as close to balanced (or on a clearly timetabled path to be so) as can be, at all times. This should not be such a difficult concept to understand.

Clearly their budgeting relies on the profit from selling new shiny things in comparison to the lower (but arguably) steadier amounts for reworking older characters. They will also keep getting away with it because the Marvel name keeps attracting enough new players that such a model is obviously sustainable and player turnover is just factored into it. This is fair enough from one perspective but shows little faith in much past the short-medium term.

Power creep exists in pretty much any game that releases content post-debut. It might not be fair, but it makes perfect sense - a very small majority is going to spend their money on something that doesn't improve their experience (i.e. something that provides more value; primarily strength).
    yogi_ wrote:
    There is a strong case for much of this game's continued releases to be slowed down a little and some of the things that many people talk about on the forums, given priority and broader things reworked. These forums are like free and valuable customer feedback for the devs - why they don't actually "take advantage" of this more is beyond me (and no, am not just talking about small adjustments or bugs here and there).

We represent a demographic. We're nowhere near the majority. I doubt we're even a fraction of their income.
  • Looks to be a good one. Not only the cd tile improvements but all of the changes. I agree with RiO on the implementation time issue though. And no I don't need a long winded explanation on how legitimate companies work.