Patch Notes - R63 (Live, 10-20-14)

IceIX
IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,320 Site Admin
edited October 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
It's that spooky time of year - ya know, that time of year just before people start to try and ice skate up-hill. Both ways. In the snow.

It's also time for a look at what's in the R63 update!
    Team-Ups
      - Enemy Team-Ups are now displayed on the pre-battle Boost Select Screen. - Alliance sent Team-Up Abilities now display proper level stats when viewed in battle. - Team-Up abilities gained from certain Prologue enemies now display correct level stats when obtained.
    Character Changes
      - Colossus now stays out of combat intead of leaping to the front while
    Invisible and Immovable Object is active.
    - Characters that are Airborne now no longer count down their own tiles until they land.
    - Invisible characters may now still attack if the rest of their team is stunned and they are not.
    Alliances
      - The Player/Alliance Rank display in the top left corner of chapter maps now links to the player leaderboard. - Fixed multiple issues with third party keyboard support in Alliance chat.
    UI, Tweaks and Bugfixes
      - Countdown tiles are now visually linked to the characters that own them. When you tap on a character, their countdown tile will pulse. - Fixed instances of being able to make an invalid move ending the turn. - Tiles that trigger board destruction abilities when matched, such as Wolverine (X-Force)'s
    Recovery, now only affect undestroyed tiles.
    - When an Event has less than 1 unit of time left, it now displays the next lower unit to be more exact (instead of rounding up). For example: 1D 1H will change to 1D 59M instead of staying at 1D 1H until it hits 1D.
    - When a Countdown tile is Locked by an ability, such as Invisible Woman's Force Bubble, the Countdown tile will now properly disappear when matched as the final damage on an enemy that placed it.
    - Suggested matches now display the three tiles to match instead of the two tiles to swap.

Comments

• CrookedKnight
      CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
      THANK YOU for the countdown identifications. That will make goon fights so much less annoying.

Looking forward to Swype working properly too.
    • Trisul
      Trisul Posts: 887 Critical Contributor
      Is there a general timeframe for your next character balance pass?
    • russreid91
      russreid91 Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
      edited October 2014
      IceIX wrote:
        Team-Ups
          - Enemy Team-Ups are now displayed on the pre-battle Boost Select Screen.
          - Countdown tiles are now visually linked to the characters that own them. When you tap on a character, their countdown tile will pulse.

Thank you, thank you for these two, looking forward to knowing who I should be skipping.
      • IceIX
        Trisul wrote:
        Is there a general timeframe for your next character balance pass?
        There is not. A more in-depth answer will be posted with the Dev Q&A answers from last months questions. David will be posting that "Soon(tm)".
      • Looks like a good update.

Is it possible to slide in a for realzy fix for selling a lot of covers in the cache? I've got 402 covers in the cache and it crashes trying to sell all. It was claimed fixed a few patches ago but it's not actually fixed.
      • IceIX
        Xeonic-Ice wrote:
        Looks like a good update.

Is it possible to slide in a for realzy fix for selling a lot of covers in the cache? I've got 402 covers in the cache and it crashes trying to sell all. It was claimed fixed a few patches ago but it's not actually fixed.
        Hate that bug. It's actually multiple bugs layered one on top of one another that don't seem to interact causing it. We fixed one that was Android only and only happened when you were logged into Google Play. Fixed that, then fixed one that was across all platforms that had to do with selling over a certain number of the same covers. Fixed that and another version popped up. It's most annoying. If you haven't already, please send us a ticket with any applicable information to help us track down this particular version. Device info, account name, all that neat stuff.
      • Nonce Equitaur 2
        Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
        Looks good.

Out of curiousity, how much debugging do you do with Bagman to make sure his cocooned tile effects work correctly with all the other tile types? Likewise with Invisible Woman. It seems like they force a high testing requirement for two characters that have been costed into noncompetitiveness.
      • IceIX
        Looks good.

Out of curiousity, how much debugging do you do with Bagman to make sure his cocooned tile effects work correctly with all the other tile types? Likewise with Invisible Woman. It seems like they force a high testing requirement for two characters that have been costed into noncompetitiveness.
        Ugh, yeah. Both Bag-Man and Invisible Woman's tiles constantly place weird edge cases on just about any ability that interacts with tiles in a non-standard way. Not to mention that Invisible Woman not only does weird edge cases with Force Bubbles, but she creates more of them with Grant Invisibility too! Our functionality test plan just related to those two characters is probably about equal in size to tests against all the other tile types.
      • Nonce Equitaur 2
        Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
        edited October 2014
        IceIX wrote:
        Looks good.

Ugh, yeah. Both Bag-Man and Invisible Woman's tiles constantly place weird edge cases on just about any ability that interacts with tiles in a non-standard way. Not to mention that Invisible Woman not only does weird edge cases with Force Bubbles, but she creates more of them with Grant Invisibility too! Our functionality test plan just related to those two characters is probably about equal in size to tests against all the other tile types.

That's a strong argument for lowering their costs to make them more competitive.

Alternately, it's a fun argument for testing them less. If a weird Bagman+IW bug sneaks through, who would even notice? And what a fun time it might be for a release or two if someone does spot a hard-to-trigger Bagman bug.

[Devs probably going "Whew -- so far no-one has noticed the currently existing Bagman + IW bugs"]
      • Pylgrim
        Pylgrim Posts: 2,328 Chairperson of the Boards
        THANK YOU for the countdown identifications. That will make goon fights so much less annoying.

Looking forward to Swype working properly too.

Exactly the two changes I am looking forward the most. I honestly didn't expect them to ever fix the keyboard issue. Thanks!

Ice-X, tying into the previous question, can we get at least a "yeah, we're buffing Invisible Woman in the near future" statement? icon_e_biggrin.gif
      • yogi_
        yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
        Will you ever just shuffle IW down to a 3*?

You could also just rework IW and Bagman to not have the abilities that cause so much back end grief. I hardly think anyone would miss them.
      • JamieMadrox
        JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
        So much win!

Any ETA on when the Colossus Fastball Special bug I reported will be fixed? http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16489

Or the Daken Strike Tile Bug? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16223
      • GothicKratos
        GothicKratos Posts: 1,821 Chairperson of the Boards
        IceIX wrote:
        Xeonic-Ice wrote:
        Looks like a good update.

Hate that bug. It's actually multiple bugs layered one on top of one another that don't seem to interact causing it. We fixed one that was Android only and only happened when you were logged into Google Play. Fixed that, then fixed one that was across all platforms that had to do with selling over a certain number of the same covers. Fixed that and another version popped up. It's most annoying. If you haven't already, please send us a ticket with any applicable information to help us track down this particular version. Device info, account name, all that neat stuff.

Thank you for the extra information. I'm sure it cleared things up for a lot of players.

That aside, the patch looks great. icon_e_biggrin.gif
      • IceIX
        So much win!

Any ETA on when the Colossus Fastball Special bug I reported will be fixed? http://www.d3pforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16489

Or the Daken Strike Tile Bug? viewtopic.php?f=9&t=16223
        No ETA, but I can confirm that they're both in the bug database.
      • Ducky
        Ducky Posts: 2,255 Community Moderator
        Side note about the News and Announcements board. Is there a reason there are so many stickies? It makes it a bit of a nuisance to try and find the announcements that aren't stickied, especially when they will end up getting pushed to the second page.
      • IceIX
        DuckyV wrote:
        Side note about the News and Announcements board. Is there a reason there are so many stickies? It makes it a bit of a nuisance to try and find the announcements that aren't stickied, especially when they will end up getting pushed to the second page.
        Good point. Fixed!
      • IamTheDanger
        IamTheDanger Posts: 1,093 Chairperson of the Boards
        ICEIX, If your still around, I was just wondering, with all the characters coming in, is there an ETA on raising the max number of roster slots? Just curious, I heard that it was planned, but not when. Thanks. JJ
      • IceIX
        ICEIX, If your still around, I was just wondering, with all the characters coming in, is there an ETA on raising the max number of roster slots? Just curious, I heard that it was planned, but not when. Thanks. JJ
        No ETA but I know for a fact that it was discussed again this week, so it's most definitely on the docket somewhere.
      • IceIX wrote:
          - Enemy Team-Ups are now displayed on the pre-battle Boost Select Screen.
        YAY!!!! icon_e_biggrin.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
      • GrumpySmurf1002
        GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
        Pre-battle enemy team-ups and countdowns linked to the enemy. Who says the Devs don't listen?

Fantastic upgrade.