Anniversary - Combined Arms - 13 - 15 Oct

Options

Comments

• Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    HairyDave wrote:
    Ben Grimm wrote:
    What are the odds that all three anniversary events have Devil Dinosaur prizes?
    Pretty good.

That or troll prizes like Rags and Loki.
    I blame you for this
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm surprised the conspiracy theorists haven't brought this up, but...
    "**** Demiurge, giving out non anniversary tokens and rag covers that no one cares about. They KNOW that players will do anything to do well in their anniversary brackets, so they don't need to give any good prizes whatsoever since everyone's just going to grind this PvP down to the bone regardless of what the actual cover prizes are. This is obviously a ploy to sell more shields / health packs!"
  • At d3 a DEV has a brilliant ideia and says:
    -Hey guys lets give rags as prize for combined arms!
    - yay!!!!
    But another DEV in the back says:
    - Lets give normal tokens instead of the anniversary ones too!
    And they all start roflmao by imagining the faces of the playes they will do when they open the pvp tab.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I'm calling Loki for Balance of Power. Or Doom.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    yogi_ wrote:
    I'm calling Loki for Balance of Power. Or Doom.
    Don't you go stealing my internet haterade!
  • Wow, I mean, just wow. icon_neutral.gif I don't know what to say. I finished 28th in Weapon Tex-Mex, and I was hoping for another shot at icon_devildino.png in this event, but... wow.

And the tokens... just make me want to cry.

I love everything about the anniversary, except how it seems impossible to get any decent rewards compared to normal seasons.

icon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gificon_e_sad.gif
  • I'm surprised the conspiracy theorists haven't brought this up, but...
    "**** Demiurge, giving out non anniversary tokens and rag covers that no one cares about. They KNOW that players will do anything to do well in their anniversary brackets, so they don't need to give any good prizes whatsoever since everyone's just going to grind this PvP down to the bone regardless of what the actual cover prizes are. This is obviously a ploy to sell more shields / health packs!"
    We can always count on you to bring up the health pack "conspiracy" whenever it is missing from any discussion. Keep fighting the good fight.
  • atomzed
    atomzed Posts: 1,753 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    gobstopper wrote:
    I'm surprised the conspiracy theorists haven't brought this up, but...
    We can always count on you to bring up the health pack "conspiracy" whenever it is missing from any discussion. Keep fighting the good fight.

To continue with the conspiracy "theorycrafting", I expect D3 to do the following:-
    1) give doom rewards for BoP pvp.
    2) remove doom, loki and rag from heroic tokens as they promised.
    3) 7 days after all tokens have expired, release the 3rd power for doom, loki and rag. Suddenly, they become tier 1.
    4) and those who sold the covers will cry "unfair!"
    5) then doom, loki and rag pvp will be held, and everyone will use a lot of health packs, cos those whales will max cover the doom, loki and rags.
    6) many players putting up "i quit" thread.
    7) 2 weeks later, these players start playing again. All goes to normal until the next fiasco happens.
    8) repeat step 1.

On a more serious note, I'm so glad I got my 4 dino covers. Though still a long way from max cover, it's a head start.
  • TheHueyFreeman
    TheHueyFreeman Posts: 472 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Looks like the honeymoon love fest is over...
  • Dreylin
    Dreylin Posts: 241
    Options
    I'm calling "Sunday night f-up", and the rewards will be changed before lunchtime Eastern.

Someone has to be positive, right? Right? icon_e_surprised.gif
  • Dreylin wrote:
    I'm calling "Sunday night f-up", and the rewards will be changed before lunchtime Eastern.

Someone has to be positive, right? Right? icon_e_surprised.gif

I keep thinking the same thing, and checking back from time to time. With any luck they do, and we are the only ones that notice.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    One, Two Juggs is comming for you
    Three, Four better protect your Storm
    Five, Six no four star.png in the mix
    Seven, Eight you will have a lot to retaliate
    Nine, Ten Combined Arms once again!!

First of all congratulations to all the EU players who get to fight for the great Rags covers as well as the 1100 Storm cover!!
    Lets look at some interesting teams for combined arms for this PVP

#1 The suicide squad- Juggs, Ares, Sentry or Deadpool- Juggs, Ares, and Sentry all use the same colors and each one is dieing to attack you. If you want to hit more Headbutts and Sunders I would recomend Deadpool. He will has much less health but if the match goes long will be more than willing to sacrafice himself so you Juggs can survive and Headbutt your next opponent.

#2 The Wall- game:You want health? Player: I feel I am entitled! Game: You can't handle the Health! Juggs, Thor, and The Hulk will give you maximum health. If you can get Hulk angry it will also let you fire off more CoTS.

#3 The Stunningly BAD: Modern Black Widow, CStorm, Spiderman. All 3 of these characters can delay the match with stuns, but all 3 use blue. Use this team if you want to build up retaliations becuase it will get sqashed.

#4 TU time: Have a bunch of X-Force, Sentry, Daken TU you can't use? Now is the time to break them out. 1 star.png storm is in the house. For 9 Yellow she will give you 6 TU plus cascades. Why would you give up 9 AP of a strong color for 6 AP of another you ask? Think of it as a less efficient way to delete your TU's. If you can get some strike tiles down her hailstorm can do some damamge for you as well.

#5 the shield hop team: finally a PVP where you will see no Hood, Sentry combo's. Now you will see Sentry, 2 star.png Daken, Juggs..... icon_neutral.gif On a brighter note lighting rounds with 4* lady Thor will start soon.

Good Luck to everyone and remember these teams are suggestions, but I never said they were good suggestions!!! icon_mrgreen.gif
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    wymtime wrote:
    Lets look at some interesting teams for combined arms for this PVP

I'll add my favorite troll team for this event: IM35, Bullseye, Falcon. Protect tiles everywhere!
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Having a lot of fun with my level 78 Patch, babyDaken and Juggs team.

Sure, it's a million miles from a rainbow team but Berzerker Rage into Headbutt of doom, with Daken's blue mopping up the pieces is just beautiful to watch

Also enjoying the MNMags, Modern BW combo. Stuns ahoy!
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    The last time this ran it was a huge grind for me due to only having 3 1* and 2* characters maxed out. Now I have the ISO to actually level Juggs and Ares so it's on.
  • what are jugg's stats at lvl 150? trying to figure out if its worth it to level him up from 1 to 50
  • Wonko33
    Wonko33 Posts: 985 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am not happy about rewards as well but who the hell voted for this **** event anyway, Combined arms sucks
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Wonko33 wrote:
    I am not happy about rewards as well but who the hell voted for this **** event anyway, Combined arms sucks
    They fixed the progression rewards to be Anniversary tokens.

As for not liking the event, I have to disagree. This is one of the few events that's actually challenging.
  • They fixed the progression rewards to be Anniversary tokens.

No they haven't. At least not on Android.
  • Kolence
    Kolence Posts: 969 Critical Contributor
    Options
    unco_dan wrote:
    what are jugg's stats at lvl 150? trying to figure out if its worth it to level him up from 1 to 50

Level 140 icon_juggernaut.png has:
    11520 health
    redflag.png does 3.6k damage