First Avenger - Season VI Oct 1 - Oct 3

Options
13»

Comments

• yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    As a pretty average / standard / not top PvP player, this experience is getting more and more frustrating.

It should not be this hard to get a single useful cover.
  • dingao666 wrote:
    someone can explain this to .me
    i have 580pts win a match of 30pts, when i finish event i have only 588pts
    no loses message show up

The player you queued up may have lost a bunch of points before you actually finished the battle, resulting in only gaining 8 points
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    That was brutal. In my bracket of doom 591 points gave me 87 position and I even had to use shield to maintain it. If I hadn't I would not have gotten anything because of absence of beatable on my level targets and constant attacks of 166/over200 teams...
    A agree that system is stupid, but this event also a special one - everyone wanted those covers, even players with 2 maxed out Furys icon_eek.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    At lest I got one tinnykitty cover as I hoped to.
  • dingao666
    dingao666 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    Red Panda wrote:
    dingao666 wrote:
    no loses message show up

The player you queued up may have lost a bunch of points before you actually finished the battle, resulting in only gaining 8 points

wow, he lost too much points

ty
    Nefesh wrote:
    That was brutal. In my bracket of doom 591 points gave me 87 position and I even had to use shield to maintain it. If I hadn't I would not have gotten anything because of absence of beatable on my level targets and constant attacks of 166/over200 teams...
    A agree that system is stupid, but this event also a special one - everyone wanted those covers, even players with 2 maxed out Furys icon_eek.gificon_e_biggrin.gif
    At lest I got one tinnykitty cover as I hoped to.

all PvP are brutal in season VI
    after i reach 500pts , most of enemy teams are lv150+
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    You want brutal? I present, gentle nudging my ****:
    IMG_0361_zps122cd048.png

1600 for top 5
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Spoit wrote:

1600 for top 5

Ask Jamie Madrox to post his last one. He seems to like to do that.

1719 was needed to make Top 5.
  • did some major tanking and the 166/2** wall still showed up after i hit 500. so basically wasted my time tanking haha which i guess eliminates the tanking strategy for a lot of people if you're gonna be greeted by max 3*s after you hit 500 anyways. not that it mattered for me since i finished T5 anyways and got my cap fully covered finally with that last redflag.png progression award. but still, the amount of shields i used to get to 1100 was what i used to spend to get to 1300. used to not have to shield until around 900 but now i gotta do it around 600. the game just keeps getting more expensive..
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    whitecat31 wrote:
    Spoit wrote:

1600 for top 5

Ask Jamie Madrox to post his last one. He seems to like to do that.

1719 was needed to make Top 5.
    That's not totally my fault. There were 4 members of The X-Men and The X-Men 2 in that bracket as well that also had over 1700 points. I wasn't going to make the push for first, but I also wasn't going to drop out of top 5 either.
    y9yKtKD.jpg?1
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Options

That's not totally my fault. There were 4 members of The X-Men and The X-Men 2 in that bracket as well that also had over 1700 points. I wasn't going to make the push for first, but I also wasn't going to drop out of top 5 either.

I am not saying it is your fault. I believe the person who is frequently the catalyst for higher scores is the person in 6th place.
    We were all content to have a top 5 score and stay in the 1600 to 1700's and then Zonatahunt came along and knocked somebody out of the 5th place spot, so we all chose to go higher.
    You making that extra push, did encourage me to have my first 1800+ score. So thank you for that.
  • JamieMadrox
    JamieMadrox Posts: 1,798 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    whitecat31 wrote:

I am not saying it is your fault. I believe the person who is frequently the catalyst for higher scores is the person in 6th place.
    We were all content to have a top 5 score and stay in the 1600 to 1700's and then Zonatahunt came along and knocked somebody out of the 5th place spot, so we all chose to go higher.
    You making that extra push, did encourage me to have my first 1800+ score. So thank you for that.
    Agreed it's the sixth place person that really defines what the top 5 will be. Once you start getting sharded in to brackets like those ones that sixth place keeps getting higher and higher. At some point we're likely to see a 1600+ top 10 if we're not careful. That said, I took this weekend off due to travel/party and my low placing in the PVP has me sharded in to a super fluffy bracket. First is currently 715. I'm used to 1000+ at the 24hr left mark.
  • loroku
    loroku Posts: 1,014 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    dingao666 wrote:
    no loses message show up
    That happens to me a lot.

Unlike the other poster, I'm pretty sure what happened was you actually lost and you never received a message. It would be nearly impossible for your opponent to lose that much to lower your reward so far, but it would be pretty accurate if you had lost a match or even two and didn't get notified.