First Avenger - Season VI Oct 1 - Oct 3

Options

Comments

• Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Captain America and X-Force work great together. blacktile.pnggreentile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.png covered with decent attacks. yellowtile.png double covered with utility powers. Both characters are very fun to play.

I'm seeing a lot of X-Force on this tournament. But that's okay, he's fun to fight against. It's also funny when I mess up and I get a shield in the face. Even more fun when I really mess up, and need to pull off a miracle to win with a remaining Cap or X-force. During a run with Hawkeye, I also pulled off a miracle win with him.

In my runs, I've seen all the following characters, a larger variety than usual.
    icon_ares.pngicon_caroldanvers.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_daken.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_hood.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngicon_nickfury.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_ragnarok.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_spiderman.pngicon_storm.pngicon_wolverine.png

Not sure if I've pinpointed X-Force's current popularity
    1. Because he's fresh.
    2. Because he's powerful.
    3. Because he works well with Cap
    4. Because he tanks and can heal.
    5. Because he's a decent opponent to fight.
    6. Because people have poured HP into him.
    7. Because friendly people share Surgical Strike tokens.
  • ZeiramMR
    ZeiramMR Posts: 1,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    Mine will be so horribly covered I'd be using the loaner most of the time anyway icon_e_biggrin.gif

It's likely that during icon_doctoroctopus.png's PvP I'll be singing that famous song by The Knack.

"Never gonna stop, give it up
    Such a dirty mind, always get it up
    For the touch of the younger kind
    My my my, woo
    M-m-m-m-m-m my my , mine's a loaner"
    You do that, while I consistently think of the Mötley Crüe song "Girls, Girls, Girls" whenever I see "WHALES! WHALES! WHALES!"
  • This is the first PVP event that I'm going to take a risk and join VERY late - I have a pretty high level Steve but don't realllllly care about Doc Ock covers, so it's a good time to experiment.

It will, of course, not work out.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    1. Because he's fresh.

Since his rework, I've been primarily using X-Force in PvPs. Mostly because of items 1 & 2 in your list above, also because he's quick enough for me to shield-hop with and I enjoy him a lot more than Sentry. He is fun to fight against too.

X-Force does work really well with Cap. I was running X-Force/Cap/Daken at the beginning but I've switched from Daken to Hood and I like that better. Hood speeds X-Force up even more and helps get Cap AP, Hood's covered on all his colors so he stays in the back, and Hood's black and yellow powers are good options to have. The team has also gotten me a few defensive wins, so I'm pretty happy.
  • mags1587 wrote:
    1. Because he's fresh.

Since his rework, I've been primarily using X-Force in PvPs. Mostly because of items 1 & 2 in your list above, also because he's quick enough for me to shield-hop with and I enjoy him a lot more than Sentry. He is fun to fight against too.

X-Force does work really well with Cap. I was running X-Force/Cap/Daken at the beginning but I've switched from Daken to Hood and I like that better. Hood speeds X-Force up even more and helps get Cap AP, Hood's covered on all his colors so he stays in the back, and Hood's black and yellow powers are good options to have. The team has also gotten me a few defensive wins, so I'm pretty happy.
    Yea it seems with Hood he gets surgical and x-force faster, tho its more of healthpack drainer than with daken due to hood tank more colors cuz my cap is only 67 unbuffed.
  • Demolira
    Demolira Posts: 78 Match Maker
    Options
    unbemator wrote:
    mags1587 wrote:
    [

Yea it seems with Hood he gets surgical and x-force faster, tho its more of healthpack drainer than with daken due to hood tank more colors cuz my cap is only 67 unbuffed.

X-Force also speeds up Cap via the Hood. With Cap buffed, Surgical Strike almost always nabs yellow, which I've been using for Twin Pistols. The AP from Twin Pistols gives the red and blue to get Cap started on the Shield Train.
  • Patch + Hood have been very good on the offense for me, through rather bad on the defense. Too bad Patch only gets to tank Green in this setup, so I gotta use a lot of healthpacks on Steve, and an occasional one on Hood.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kalirion wrote:
    Patch + Hood have been very good on the offense for me, through rather bad on the defense. Too bad Patch only gets to tank Green in this setup, so I gotta use a lot of healthpacks on Steve, and an occasional one on Hood.

I have been using the same combo for climbing and then switched to Sentry Hood for defense.
    Having Patch/Cap is a gret Hulk buster too. Cap stuns, then berserker rage, and a red cap shield with intimidation. I get 2 match damages and then another red shield to finish anything left over.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I've been pretty successful with LCap/Torch/Hood, since LCap and Torch are my only level maxed characters. Cap covers 5 of 7 colors, Hood is completely covered, and there are plenty of countdowns for Hood's black. I've gotten a decent number of defensive wins as well, considering the AI is horrible with Torch's green.
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Captain America and X-Force work great together. blacktile.pnggreentile.pngredtile.pngbluetile.png covered with decent attacks. yellowtile.png double covered with utility powers. Both characters are very fun to play.

I'm seeing a lot of X-Force on this tournament. But that's okay, he's fun to fight against. It's also funny when I mess up and I get a shield in the face. Even more fun when I really mess up, and need to pull off a miracle to win with a remaining Cap or X-force. During a run with Hawkeye, I also pulled off a miracle win with him.

In my runs, I've seen all the following characters, a larger variety than usual.
    icon_ares.pngicon_caroldanvers.pngicon_colossus_new.pngicon_daken.pngicon_daredevil.pngicon_deadpool.pngicon_hood.pngicon_hulk.pngicon_humantorch.pngicon_magneto.pngicon_ms_marvel.pngicon_nickfury.pngicon_punisher.pngicon_ragnarok.pngicon_sentry.pngicon_shehulk.pngicon_spiderman.pngicon_storm.pngicon_wolverine.png

1. Because he's fresh.

You saw a 3* icon_storm.png ?? I thought she was an endangerd species. Is this how the match went in your mind?
    Crikey!! Look at what I just found!! Now stay quiet we don't want her to run away. Lets see if we can get closer. Now what we are looking at here is REALLY RARE. What we have here is an amazing endangered species that we call icon_storm.png. She has really low health, but if you get too close she will hit you with Hailstorm and extremly damaging and annoying attack. Let's see if we can get closer and rile her up!!
  • Okay, CraigerX of Hail.Hydra. I'm doing one more hop to get over 1300 and thenI'd like to shield through the end. You can stop hopping any time now. icon_e_wink.gif
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know it's the wrong universe but now I'm picturing Captain Boomerang as the Crocodile Hunter and it makes me so, so happy.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

1. Because he's fresh.

XF is popular because he's above almost every other character except Sentry in power level right now. In this tournament, I don't see any reason NOT to run XF / Hood / Cap, as no team outside of Sentry bombing comes close to the power that this team has. Surgical into twin pistols into more stuff is absurd, the option to heal XF for sustained pushes is crazy, Hood not taking any damage because Cap / X-Force tanks everything is crazy, the list goes on.
  • My top ten is all people above 1000 pts and I decided to shield up for the rest of the event sitting #50 with 631. Got OBW/Patch (323)/Cap(023) as the last team out, OBW tanks all for her espionage and Cap only takes yellow, so I should get a few defensive wins out of them.
  • NorthernPolarity
    NorthernPolarity Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Just as a heads up guys, the 1100 progression award for Doc Ock's tourney is GREEN doc ock. This means that if you already won 2 green covers in the PvE and you think that 5/5/3 is his optimal build, then you might want to reconsider spending 500hp hopping for top 5 in this tournament when you're going to get your 3rd green cover anyways next tournament. The only benefit top 5 gets you in this case is a slightly higher level cap temporarily, which I doubt is worth your hp / time.
  • Shielded for the duration at 911. Figured top five wasn't really worth it, especially since the next time he's a prize for something green will probably be the middle (top 25) cover, and I'm currently planning 5/5/3. Plus I could get 911 without hopping, and that would probably get me an easy top 25 in the soft sharding I've been getting since I stopped trying so hard in PVP (it's currently good for #8).

I'll only break shields if it looks like top 25 is in doubt; I do want to lock that in.
  • Unknown
    edited October 2014
    Options
    Shield Hopped once to #3 spot at 1062, 100 points ahead of #6. Hopefully I won't need to break shield to remain in top 5, as I don't need the 1100 progression reward.

Edit: All of top 8 barely budged an inch, so all good icon_e_smile.gif
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    So after having to shield-hop most of the day to keep in the top 5, my death bracket has barely moved in the last hour. Everyone seems to have run out of steam? For reference, 5th place in my bracket is 1491 and 10th is 1220.
  • Another event where I get nothing but level 166 Hulk, Patch, Daken, and Sentry and can't win anything. Fix your stupid matchmaking system (or your equally stupid reward system); it's only in place so transition players are stuck forever running your hamster wheel.
  • dingao666
    dingao666 Posts: 74 Match Maker
    Options
    someone can explain this to .me
    i have 580pts win a match of 30pts, when i finish event i have only 588pts
    no loses message show up