Season VI - Fresh Cut - 29 Sep - 1 Oct

Options
13»

Comments

• The last time I put this much work in, I finished in the top 5.
    This time, I didn't crack the top 100.
    What's up?
  • y2fitzy wrote:
    I have five 94s. Thor, Ares, OBW, Mags and Storm. There was a time that hitting 600 was ok-ish, but the last couple of PVPs have just been mental. I'm struggling to hit 500 with this one.

And it's not like I'm not doing plenty of tanking.

This isn't a 166wall, wah wah, post by the way. I don't think I should be hitting top 25 or whatever with my roster, just trying to gauge where I should be getting.

i'm guessing hairdave meant that reaching 600 and staying there would be doable if you shielded. from what i can tell, STAYING just above 600 is hard now even for a maxed 3star team (albeit i only have patch and BP maxed) cause at 600 is when you're greeted by a wall of 166s. i can get as high as mid 700s before i'm out of health packs and if i dont shield, a few hours later i'm back to where i started at 600. so i can see how staying at 600 would be really difficult for a 2star roster
  • The last time I put in this much work, I was in the top 5. This time I didn't even crack the top 100. What's up?
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    unco_dan wrote:
    y2fitzy wrote:
    I have five 94s. Thor, Ares, OBW, Mags and Storm. There was a time that hitting 600 was ok-ish, but the last couple of PVPs have just been mental. I'm struggling to hit 500 with this one.

And it's not like I'm not doing plenty of tanking.

This isn't a 166wall, wah wah, post by the way. I don't think I should be hitting top 25 or whatever with my roster, just trying to gauge where I should be getting.

i'm guessing hairdave meant that reaching 600 and staying there would be doable if you shielded. from what i can tell, STAYING just above 600 is hard now even for a maxed 3star team (albeit i only have patch and BP maxed) cause at 600 is when you're greeted by a wall of 166s. i can get as high as mid 700s before i'm out of health packs and if i dont shield, a few hours later i'm back to where i started at 600. so i can see how staying at 600 would be really difficult for a 2star roster

I was starting to see the 166 wall around 500-550 in this event, earliest yet. I was able to skip through enough to find relatively low health opponents like 166Patch and 100ish Daken that Mags/Storm can chew through, but this was definitely the worst yet for me.
  • Bowgentle
    Bowgentle Posts: 7,926 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Bowgentle you just missed me at the 19 minute mark icon_e_smile.gif I'm sure those 48 points helped though.
    Ah sorry, due to PVE I had to start from 600 and scramble to a decent score, so I had to snipe more than usual.
    Those 48 helped me get T5, so yes, thank you icon_e_smile.gif

I should have time again to ask if people are shielded in the next PVP when I can avoid last hour madness.
    Hope I didn't prevent you from reaching a significant threshold!
  • Dankaminari
    Options
    Bowgentle wrote:
    Bowgentle you just missed me at the 19 minute mark icon_e_smile.gif I'm sure those 48 points helped though.
    Ah sorry, due to PVE I had to start from 600 and scramble to a decent score, so I had to snipe more than usual.
    Those 48 helped me get T5, so yes, thank you icon_e_smile.gif

I should have time again to ask if people are shielded in the next PVP when I can avoid last hour madness.
    Hope I didn't prevent you from reaching a significant threshold!

No worries at all. I was shielded. Recognized your name from the forum and thought I would give you a shout out.
  • Nefesh
    Nefesh Posts: 82 Match Maker
    Options
    I was starting to see the 166 wall around 500-550 in this event, earliest yet. I was able to skip through enough to find relatively low health opponents like 166Patch and 100ish Daken that Mags/Storm can chew through, but this was definitely the worst yet for me.

As I mentioned before I've noticed this situation from the 2nd sub of this season. 500 and you get a 166/2xx wall. I use 500-1000 ISO on skips just to get 600 and not always I succeed. In previous events sometimes I was able to grind 700 even 800 without using shield, boosts and spending to much ISO on skips.

The most interesting that those 166 and over teams still hitting 90 teams to get covers they don't even need icon_e_confused.gificon_e_biggrin.gif

Don't know why exactly this is happening, I think we all have some theories, but fact is a fact - this season is very tough icon_e_smile.gif
  • If there wasnt a season i wouldnt try atleast score 1k points per pvp.
    I only score that just to help the alliance.
    If there wasnt a season would pass alot of pvp events or just score 500 points.