Season VI - Fresh Cut - 29 Sep - 1 Oct

Options

Comments

• slaxer723
    slaxer723 Posts: 40 Just Dropped In
    Options
    mba07 wrote:
    why is his best cover redflag.png is only a top 5 reward?
    just like psylocke in the last event with her blackflag.png cover.
    kinda annoying.

The last lcap reward they ran redflag.png was the double cover
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    When have we had an overlap like that? It's :tinykitty3: annoying and I don't recall being annoyed in precisely that way before.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=16708
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Moon Roach wrote:
    When have we had an overlap like that? It's :tinykitty3: annoying and I don't recall being annoyed in precisely that way before.

viewtopic.php?f=20&t=16708

Agreed, Heavy Metal featured IM40, but although he's powered up in the current heroic I don't recall IM40 being essential in this heroic (disclaimer, I have the memory of a goldfish).
  • hex706f726368
    hex706f726368 Posts: 421 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    My bad, that essential keyword got lost in the quotes. Didn't realize you had limited the query to that. I'm sure it's happened before though. D3 likes to overlap characters in PvP and PvE in an attempt to force players to commit to one over the other. In theory, spreading out the rewards.
  • mags1587
    mags1587 Posts: 1,020 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I think there was a PvE with Human Torch as the essential character while his PvP ran somewhat recently. Not able to go back and verify that right now, though.
  • Moon Roach wrote:
    HairyDave wrote:
    Moon Roach wrote:
    Have we ever before had an overlap like that?
    195023_340.jpg

Only on just about all the long events icon_e_biggrin.gif

My bad, asking a closed question. Have a +1 informative moderation. Anyway, let's try again.

For a while they used to only offer the pve essential character as a pvp reward around the last day of the pve event to promote token sales. That character would then be featured in their own pvp with little overlap. But since true healing and TUs were introduced, a shift to have pvp & pve overlap the essential character forcing health pack sales, especially on the final day of the pve. We are noticing it more this time coz the last few heroics were only 3 day events with perhaps 36 hours of overlap at most. In other pve events it's not so bad when we can access our full roster and spread the damage.
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    An essential overlap? Beginning of season five. Too Many Secrets was run concurrent with Fury being essential in ISO-8 Brotherhood.

Go back a little further, and First Avenger was run while Steve was an essential character in Unstable ISO-8.

Edit: There's probably more examples but they're the two I can easily recall.
  • HairyDave
    Options
    Got my Daken token at 900 (yay!) so I'm done. I need an early night icon_e_wink.gif
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    This is absolutely brutal. I don't think I've ever been attacked this much and I don't even have a good score (460ish). Thought that starting late might help but no such luck, I'm a target already. Maxed 2*s are no defence
  • I don't need the prizes, the end time is terrible for me, and all I'm getting is 166s or near worth about 20 points. I think I'm done. I'll shield at the 3 hour mark wherever I am (I'm at about 650 now). PVP has been tedious for ages, but it's getting worse.
  • yea, agree with everyone else who's said it already that pvp has gotten tougher lately. hitting a wall of 270/166s after 600points makes it super hard to reach 800 and above, i guess too many people were reaching 1300 too easily for the 4star covers? who knows. it feels weird to me to have to shield at 700, used to be able to not have to shield til around 900, but i guess one's gotta do what one's gotta do. currently sitting at just over 900points in 4th. 5th and 6th already have cap's redflag.png maxed so hopefully they'll take it easy and not push too hard to get into top5 cause i need that redflag.png !

also, is anyone elses's boosts not showing the correct count?
  • y2fitzy
    Options
    Guys and girls, what do you think is a realistic score for 2* rosters these days?
  • HairyDave
    Options
    600+ should still be pretty easy as long as you've got a handful of L94s.
  • CrookedKnight
    CrookedKnight Posts: 2,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Yeah, I consistently reach 650-ish by picking off the most beatable L94 teams (i.e. avoiding Ares/Thor+OBW) and only shielding at the very end.
  • y2fitzy
    Options
    I have five 94s. Thor, Ares, OBW, Mags and Storm. There was a time that hitting 600 was ok-ish, but the last couple of PVPs have just been mental. I'm struggling to hit 500 with this one.

And it's not like I'm not doing plenty of tanking.

This isn't a 166wall, wah wah, post by the way. I don't think I should be hitting top 25 or whatever with my roster, just trying to gauge where I should be getting.
  • gambl0r312
    gambl0r312 Posts: 254 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    FInally hit 1300 for a Blueberry Fury cover. Hit me up if you got me in nodes! No Retals to worry about ppl! I am done w/ this PvP! icon_mrgreen.gif

All Sentry bombs are welcomed!
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    This bites hard.

I've really tried hard this time and have been hit SO many times in the recent hours. Can barely stay above 500 points and am JUST out of the top 100 and I need that cover. All my enemies levelled far above me.

This **** has to stop.
  • Dankaminari
    Options
    Bowgentle you just missed me at the 19 minute mark icon_e_smile.gif I'm sure those 48 points helped though.
  • yogi_
    yogi_ Posts: 1,236 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    To say I am pissed off about being JUST outside the top 100 AGAIN is an understatement.
  • My new experiment worked; didn't shield at 644 (I was already out of top 25 at that point), didn't feel like attacking anyone else, and didn't get attacked a single time in like the last six hours of the pvp, still got top 50 (albeit with little room to spare).

The only way to win is not to play.