Heavy Metal Season VI Sept 24 - 26

Options

Comments

• wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kalirion wrote:
    Damn, my LDaken only has 1 in purple, and my Level 80 5-5-3 IM40 may not be the best match for my only maxed 3*s - Patch and BP 5-3-5 each.

IM40/Patch/OBW can be a good combo for you. IM40 drops recharge and stuns himself letting you fire BR, and TBTI. OBW can then double dip on espinoge. You might even get a Balistic Salvo off with OBW steal of blue!!
  • With my weaksauce roster I'll have to join late (hope for a slacker bracket). Looking at running MNM, X-force for denial+ blue feed. Maybe I get lucky and manage top 100 with my standard ~800 rating.
  • wymtime wrote:
    kalirion wrote:
    Damn, my LDaken only has 1 in purple, and my Level 80 5-5-3 IM40 may not be the best match for my only maxed 3*s - Patch and BP 5-3-5 each.

IM40/Patch/OBW can be a good combo for you. IM40 drops recharge and stuns himself letting you fire BR, and TBTI. OBW can then double dip on espinoge. You might even get a Balistic Salvo off with OBW steal of blue!!

Lil' squishy OBW would probably be half-dead before I can even collect 9 green for BR, and she would definitely be dead after her first double-dip.
  • Pwuz_
    Pwuz_ Posts: 1,213 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    For those of us who are celebrating Rosh Hashanah (2 days, Thursday and Friday, plus Shabbat on Saturday) that's 3 days off line) my strategy was to just get some regular Daken blue cover. Since I don't use my iPhone on Shabbat (Saturday), I always am at a disadvantage on in PVE, as I lose a day of points. For PVP I can at least shield if necessary.

I never even thought how such a High Holiday would affect my playing MPQ. I'm not Jewish, but that's not an ignorable section of the world either. Does that mean I'm going to have less or more competition for these Daken covers?

Well, have a happy Holiday none the less.
    (I type this knowing that it's unlikely you or many other Jewish players will see this, depending on your time-zone.)
  • HairyDave
    HairyDave Posts: 1,574
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    j12601 wrote:
    Bahahaha. They finally offer the coveted Daken Junior blueflag.png and it's as the consolation for Daken Senior. Masterful troll job.

That one is coveted? I've gotten the 3 I "needed" for mine and have sold like 6 since then. LRs baby!

You must have pulled all of mine. Haven't seen a single one yet. I figured the game was just planning on mocking me by giving 8 of them in the Season 6 10-pack.

They've been flowing like candy from the back of a windowless van.
    I hate you so much right now icon_lol.gif

I've pulled god only knows how many Daken covers since the update but only one has been blue.

At least I only need to top 25 this one to finish my Modaken off the right way. He's been parked on L127 for way too long.
  • OnesOwnGrief
    OnesOwnGrief Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I've pulled my fair share of Daken covers but I've only ever pulled a single Purple. Yay for **** Daken.
  • All I can say is, FINALLY. It feels like I've been waiting for a chance at star.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_daken.png covers forever. Anyone feel me on this? icon_e_smile.gif
  • Ryz-aus
    Ryz-aus Posts: 386
    Options
    j12601 wrote:
    Bahahaha. They finally offer the coveted Daken Junior blueflag.png and it's as the consolation for Daken Senior. Masterful troll job.

That one is coveted? I've gotten the 3 I "needed" for mine and have sold like 6 since then. LRs baby!

I don't need icon_daken.png covers, but going to 1300 for the last star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.pngicon_wolverine.pnggreenflag.png I need (counting on getting one for the season) will make up for some of the poor showing I had during Smash Hit.

Some of us were selling our 2* dakens for HP and need to rebuild.
  • I'm torn. As a casual 2* transitioning player, I've received only one blueflag.png TDaken, and tons of useless purpleflag.png covers. However, I use TDaken like crazy. Do I go for the 3* cover? Guess I'll just see how fierce competition is, and if it's worth it.
  • vudu3
    vudu3 Posts: 940 Critical Contributor
    Options
    daibar wrote:
    I'm torn. As a casual 2* transitioning player, I've received only one blueflag.png TDaken, and tons of useless purpleflag.png covers. However, I use TDaken like crazy. Do I go for the 3* cover? Guess I'll just see how fierce competition is, and if it's worth it.
    Always go for the 3* rewards if you're capable of achieving them. I've personally received at least six 2* Daken blue covers--it's all luck of the draw. Just keep playing LRs and PVP and you'll get them from random drops.
  • I am having this event, but just because my im40 build is so bad... And he is overall too expensive. I only need black covers, so i guess I'll get my one and be happy
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    kalirion wrote:
    wymtime wrote:
    kalirion wrote:

Lil' squishy OBW would probably be half-dead before I can even collect 9 green for BR, and she would definitely be dead after her first double-dip.

You can wait for the enemy IM 40 to fire recharge and stun himself. It also depends on who you are playing. I would say it should be good for at least 1 quality win though!!
  • Rusalka
    Rusalka Posts: 155
    Options
    I've always done pretty well in this event running IM40/Lazy Cap/OBW. With two characters feeding him AP, Lazy Cap becomes a lot less lazy. Half the time he doesn't even wait for his CD tiles to finish before throwing again.
  • For the one color cover that's eluded me for quite some time, I am looking forward to finally acquiring a purpleflag.png cover. lol
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Much like the Hulk PVP, seeing an awful lot of 2* rosters with mentally high levelled IM that I have absolutely no chance of taking down.

Wasn't really hit at all until I passed 400, since then the hits have flowed freely. Had hoped my slightly extra boosted IM might put them off a bit but no such luck.

Sharing a bracket with WR from X-Men which is quite a sight. He's sitting top on 1600, second has 1100, but 570 is enough for top 10. My meagre 405 is enough for 35th at the moment.

Funny old PVP this one
  • y2fitzy
    y2fitzy Posts: 255 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Oh Yogi icon_e_sad.gif

Hope I gave you lots of points at least...
  • Rusalka wrote:
    I've always done pretty well in this event running IM40/Lazy Cap/OBW. With two characters feeding him AP, Lazy Cap becomes a lot less lazy. Half the time he doesn't even wait for his CD tiles to finish before throwing again.
    IM40/LazyCap/Hood here. AP feed + Intimidation to shorten LCap's (or even IM40's) countdown tiles means that my worst problem has been finding people to attack that are worth decent points. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Hate it. I hit the wall earlier and even boosted keep losing.
  • y2fitzy wrote:
    Sharing a bracket with WR from X-Men which is quite a sight. He's sitting top on 1600, second has 1100, but 570 is enough for top 10. My meagre 405 is enough for 35th at the moment.

I wish I was in your bracket. My 750 only gets me #30 and I expect to fall even more by the end.
  • DrNitroman
    DrNitroman Posts: 966 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Shielded until the end above 800.
    I'm glad to have reached the 800 mark as I was especially lazy in last PvPs recently.

top5 and a 5th blueflag.pngicon_daken.png are out of reach but I should grab this 3rd blackflag.pngicon_daken.png
    At last he'll die a bit more slowly... I hope so icon_rolleyes.gif