Will IceX ever implement a respec/decover system?

Options
13»

Comments

• Ye, it's called 'manners'. They are mostly a requirement for such fancy cultural skills like 'internet communication'. And those may lead to such things as developers listening to our concerns and suggestions and implementing these. Pretty simple chain of causation.
  • Spoit
    Spoit Posts: 3,441 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    f3nfire wrote:
    Ehm. How the heck have you pushed wrong buttons MULTIPLE times? Before sinking 1250HP in a skill, I really point my finger before pushing it down. This game is not trolling, you have done multiple mistakes. That's bad and perhaps I would be as enraged as you are. You need to seriously chill down. Not being able to use the UI properly (don't know which device you are playing on) is not the developers fault. I have not experienced major issues and I am playing on an iPhone4, which is one the smallest screens this game is supposed to run on.
    Chill. And watch your tone. Wait for the support to sort things out (which is not mandatory at all) and act like a grown-up.
    The train and sell buttons are awfully close together, and there's no confirmation screen for training....
  • Trust me before I knew about this forum I screwed up a lot of characters: Thor, gsBW, mnMags, kind of **Wolvie and probably others that I can't think of right now.

But like you I've seen all the requests for a respec option but unlike you Ice's responses to those have been more than enough of an answer for me. Your op makes it seem like you've been keeping up with the requests but ignoring the responses. If those responses just aren't to your liking then fine, you're welcome to your opinion. But the manner in which you've expressed yourself today won't earn you any sympathy (I'm not saying that's what you want).

If you were just venting then I hope it helped. If it was anything more then I don't know what to say... have some patience? If you messed up one of the only three characters on your roster well that sucks but otherwise I don't really see the issue. Yeah I wish I had a 5 in green for bsGW instead of 5 red but would that make me use her more than I do now? Probably not because I have others that can pick up the slack. I know not everyone is in the same position but I'm happy to wait for a respec option and if it never comes it never comes.
  • IceIX has said the devs have considered this option and its not off the table. Perhaps there are issues we don't know of, maybe this will disrupt the meta, maybe its just too hard to do, or maybe the red carpet they ordered to help with the rollout has been backordered and stuck in Persia due to tariffs. But for the time being...the game is free, enjoy it, and don't expect to the best very top player unless you have a lot of spare time or alot of cash. I would suggest highly buying Disney stock if you are going to spend that much money though...it's been a great investment so far.
  • IceIX has said the devs have considered this option and its not off the table. Perhaps there are issues we don't know of, maybe this will disrupt the meta, maybe its just too hard to do, or maybe the red carpet they ordered to help with the rollout has been backordered and stuck in Persia due to tariffs. But for the time being...the game is free, enjoy it, and don't expect to the best very top player unless you have a lot of spare time or alot of cash. I would suggest highly buying Disney stock if you are going to spend that much money though...it's been a great investment so far.

Hah. I like the carpet bit icon_e_smile.gif

My bet is the issue is designing a UI that fits a phone, doesn't require a lot of text explaining things (which has to be translated), and is reasonably clear and intuitive.

That's a fairly tall order.
  • Did anyone else read the artcile on Kotaku about the guy who in order to stay ontop of "titan's clash" or some app game...took 5 tablets into the bathroom with him, and around at all times actually just to stay ontop of the board? Let's not turn into those guys....
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Did anyone else read the artcile on Kotaku about the guy who in order to stay ontop of "titan's clash" or some app game...took 5 tablets into the bathroom with him, and around at all times actually just to stay ontop of the board? Let's not turn into those guys....

I saw that. He was spending $250 a week! I just need my own Saudi prince to sponsor me and I'll be set!
  • Puritas
    Puritas Posts: 670 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Can one of you link the article? I've been searching for it but no luck

Also this thread is the greatest thing on the forums since that palenoue guy
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    I think this OP made me want to stop using Akuma in Street Fighter games. Ugh.

Anyway, is there any chance someone could move this thread to the Suggestions forum (since "make a respec system" is a suggestion), so I never have to look at it again? I accidentally made a 5/4/4 Wolvie. I built a 5/3/5 and sold the 5/4/4 one. Learn from your mistakes, and you'll be less likely to make them. ...Or you'll just continue to throw your toys around the crib until someone takes away your toys.

Or, y'know, take in the fact that you're gonna get a buttload of Wolvie covers from Powered Up tokens. (I'm using this opportunity to make a new Cap'n myself. 5/5/3... what was I thinking? "I LIKE PROTECT TILES :3")
  • Kelbris wrote:
    I think this OP made me want to stop using Akuma in Street Fighter games. Ugh.

Anyway, is there any chance someone could move this thread to the Suggestions forum (since "make a respec system" is a suggestion), so I never have to look at it again? I accidentally made a 5/4/4 Wolvie. I built a 5/3/5 and sold the 5/4/4 one. Learn from your mistakes, and you'll be less likely to make them. ...Or you'll just continue to throw your toys around the crib until someone takes away your toys.

Or, y'know, take in the fact that you're gonna get a buttload of Wolvie covers from Powered Up tokens. (I'm using this opportunity to make a new Cap'n myself. 5/5/3... what was I thinking? "I LIKE PROTECT TILES :3")

I too made the same mistake with a 5/4/4 Wolv. I thought about making a new one but the idea pumping ISO for another lvl 85 Wolvie is just too much, rather put those ISO elsewhere. Respec would be nice though.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Pichsterz wrote:
    I too made the same mistake with a 5/4/4 Wolv. I thought about making a new one but the idea pumping ISO for another lvl 85 Wolvie is just too much, rather put those ISO elsewhere. Respec would be nice though.
    The Hulk event has been a great opportunity/incentive to level my replacement Wolverine. I tossed my first build at level 43, though, not 85. That's a big difference. My new, 5/3/5 Wolvie is now level 73 and rising.