Will IceX ever implement a respec/decover system?

Options
It is one thing to have 13-Cover limits. IT'S ANOTHER THING TO HAVE A BUILD YOU CANNOT UNDO.

Recently, I **** my wolverine build by accidentally adding a cover he did not need. And I am sure that I am not the only one out there who made such a mistake.

One stupid mistake, we have to throw the entire character out the window.

All we needed was a respec system, or a de-level system, where we simply remove the cover/skill that we do not need. And so that our build isn't completely ruined and that we don't have to start over.

All of us have been constantly asking over and over and over for the developers to create such a system, so many countless times, and they just absolutely refuse to do so.

There are many ways to address this issue. We can even have 15-cover limits with 13-cover level caps. That way no one can screw up. We can have an undo-button.

Right now, I'm sitting on a **** wolverine. And I find it hard decide between starting a new wolverine from scratch, or wait infinitely (not indefinitely) for a patch that will address this issue, which the developers will NEVER create.

Adding a specific cover to a 3* character = 1250 Hero points.
Making a full character = 3 covers + 12500 Hero Points.
1 Screw up of adding a wrong cover = everything down the drain.

Well, I guess them wanting us to screw up and thus spend more money might be part of the strategy.....

Comments

• *facepalm*

This passive aggressive deconstructive criticism ever work anywhere?
  • Yeah lets blame IceX, must be his fault!

icon_twisted.gif *gets pitchfork* icon_twisted.gif
  • Ps... Its IceIX. Like ice9. And I don't think he develops the ggame on his own. From china. On vacation.
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options
    Yeah pssh, that IceX guy...not nearly as good as his predecessor, IceIX.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    *facepalm*

This passive aggressive deconstructive criticism ever work anywhere?

If you have a way to actually make the developers listen and consider addressing problems in the current game instead of focusing on nerfing characters and finding new and creative ways to squeeze more $ outta you, I'm open to suggestions.
  • I'm pretty sure he has addressed this problem before, mostly since this has been brought up various times. I remember him saying something along the lines of, we are working on it and this is definitely an issue we are looking into, but I don't know, something like that. We just have to wait it out and see if their are any updates on it.
  • Considering that its another way for the devs to make easy money I fully expect to see them implement a system in which we can pay to remove covers.
    But honestly I wish we had a confirm to purchase covers with HP pop up when in the store that way you don't get charged for misclicks (easy to do on a touch screen device) :-/
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    Considering that its another way for the devs to make easy money I fully expect to see them implement a system in which we can pay to remove covers.
    But honestly I wish we had a confirm to purchase covers with HP pop up when in the store that way you don't get charged for misclicks (easy to do on a touch screen device) :-/

Set your system to require a password on purchases. I did.
  • mechgouki wrote:

If you will simply create a support ticket, they can assist you with this.
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    Considering that its another way for the devs to make easy money I fully expect to see them implement a system in which we can pay to remove covers.

Uh that would only help prevent the purchase of HP not its useage in-game. (And I do have that set btw :p)
  • MTGOFerret wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

Uh that would only help prevent the purchase of HP not its useage in-game. (And I do have that set btw :p)

Oh durp. I misread your post. But yes, file a ticket immediately and they can and will help you, just fyi
  • _fulu_ wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:
    MTGOFerret wrote:

Oh durp. I misread your post. But yes, file a ticket immediately and they can and will help you, just fyi

Ah thats cool to know! I just tossed the cover into my cap I hardly use so too late for that. Not to mention Im so used to companies saying tough luck on pretty much anything thats not explictly their goof up.
    But yeah overall I think for the HP which is more or less their in-game real $ funds that a simple pop up would save a lot of issues and maybe even tickets in the future. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Misguided wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

If you will simply create a support ticket, they can assist you with this.

Thanks, I just sent in an email.

Will they really do something about it though? I'm half-expecting a "not our problem" reply. >_<
  • I believe that they will, yes. I accidentally spent HP to train an ability once, and they were super nice and able to fix it for me. It is the holidays, though, and they may be short staffed, so try to be patient. It may take longer than usual.
  • Misguided wrote:
    I believe that they will, yes. I accidentally spent HP to train an ability once, and they were super nice and able to fix it for me. It is the holidays, though, and they may be short staffed, so try to be patient. It may take longer than usual.

May I ask about the details of your last ticket? Around how long did it take? They still haven't gotten back to me even now. icon_e_sad.gif

Did you use the email mobilesupport@d3p.us? Or the mail button in-game?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Nemek wrote:
    I think IceX may be my evil twin, so it's possible. Check for a goatee if you ever run into him. As for actual implementation, you don't want *me* coding it. Scripting? Sure. Bare code? You'll get something that works fine on its own, integrates horribly with anything else, and takes 5 times more lines of code to do than what anyone else can put forth. I treat code like it's Gorn Engineering.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    I think IceX may be my evil twin, so it's possible. Check for a goatee if you ever run into him. As for actual implementation, you don't want *me* coding it. Scripting? Sure. Bare code? You'll get something that works fine on its own, integrates horribly with anything else, and takes 5 times more lines of code to do than what anyone else can put forth. I treat code like it's Gorn Engineering.

I'm guessing judging by your stupid answer, you people will NEVER implement a respec system. -_-/
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    mechgouki wrote:
    I'm guessing judging by your stupid answer, you people will NEVER implement a respec system. -_-/
    Interesting judgement, completely off base as it is. I've commented on this in the past. We have discussed this internally and have nothing to announce at this time. Which isn't saying much because we don't announce features till they're set in stone.
  • IceIX you must have the patience of a saint, answering twice to a post of such phrasing....
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    mechgouki wrote:
    IceIX wrote:
    Nemek wrote:

IceIX is being way more polite to you than you deserve.