Will IceX ever implement a respec/decover system?

Options

Comments

• That's not directly answering the question, will you be implementing a respec function in the game. You're just saying nothing to announce.
  • Oh Ice, a goatee reference which I will take to mean you're a Community fan? Seriously has there ever been a better dev/mod?

Does Zhathrus showing up on the forums mean we've encountered the evil time line?

Am I trying to hijack this thread in hopes people (or one specific poster) will stop assuming things...

Happy holidays and thanks for all your hard work answering all our silly, repetitive questions over and over.

Ever want to just take a chain saw to our arms so we can't type anymore? (now I really hope there are more Community fans on here icon_twisted.gif)
  • mechgouki wrote:

Right now, I'm sitting on a **** wolverine. And I find it hard decide between starting a new wolverine from scratch, or wait infinitely (not indefinitely) for a patch that will address this issue, which the developers will NEVER create.

Adding a specific cover to a 3* character = 1250 Hero points.
    Making a full character = 3 covers + 12500 Hero Points.
    1 Screw up of adding a wrong cover = everything down the drain.

Well, I guess them wanting us to screw up and thus spend more money might be part of the strategy.....

Uh, where did you find a 3* wolverine?? I want him! I've got a 4 star and a 2 star ya know, but no 3 star.

Also, I've trashed several Wolverine 2 star covers from tokens and rewards. Maybe check the garbage outside my office, you might find an extra one or two. It would save you some HP.
  • dmendro wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

Right now, I'm sitting on a **** wolverine. And I find it hard decide between starting a new wolverine from scratch, or wait infinitely (not indefinitely) for a patch that will address this issue, which the developers will NEVER create.

Well, I guess them wanting us to screw up and thus spend more money might be part of the strategy.....

Uh, where did you find a 3* wolverine?? I want him! I've got a 4 star and a 2 star ya know, but no 3 star.

Also, I've trashed several Wolverine 2 star covers from tokens and rewards. Maybe check the garbage outside my office, you might find an extra one or two. It would save you some HP.

OMG, you have a mutant ability to turn data from your tablet/phone into something physical?? I want it!!
  • mechgouki wrote:
    dmendro wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

OMG, you have a mutant ability to turn data from your tablet/phone into something physical?? I want it!!
    You should see what I can do in the bathroom.
  • I think you guys should treat this as a priority. Cool down on releasing any new characters for awhile (we've gotten 3 now in the span of a month). Focus more on things such as this re-spec, and turning off the seizure-inducing animations. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • mechgouki wrote:
    That's not directly answering the question, will you be implementing a respec function in the game. You're just saying nothing to announce.

Which part of not announcing unfinished features was unclear to you?

He has said, three times now, that they're looking into it. And that's all he can say.

In the meantime you can submit support emails for misclicks/mistouches and they actually will help you.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:
    That's not directly answering the question, will you be implementing a respec function in the game. You're just saying nothing to announce.

He has said, three times now, that they're looking into it. And that's all he can say.

In the meantime you can submit support emails for misclicks/mistouches and they actually will help you.
    I've submitted two tickets in the past about misclicks and never received a response. icon_e_sad.gif
  • dmendro wrote:
    I've submitted two tickets in the past about misclicks and never received a response. icon_e_sad.gif

Via the ingame system that is losing tickets?
  • Nope, though this was way back when the game first launched and tickets weren't getting lost, and I also posted here on them and emailed in. I've submitted maybe 10 tickets before, and only three times gotten responses. I haven't bothered in a month or so.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    Misguided wrote:
    I believe that they will, yes. I accidentally spent HP to train an ability once, and they were super nice and able to fix it for me. It is the holidays, though, and they may be short staffed, so try to be patient. It may take longer than usual.

May I ask about the details of your last ticket? Around how long did it take? They still haven't gotten back to me even now. icon_e_sad.gif

Did you use the email mobilesupport@d3p.us? Or the mail button in-game?

I would expect a minimum of a couple of days. Minimum. Again, it is the holidays, so it may take much longer. Be patient.
  • Zathrus wrote:
    mechgouki wrote:

100% agree with Zathrus here. We get that you are upset about what happened, but getting aggressive with the one person on the Dev team that goes to a lot of time and effort to communicate with us on a regular basis is not cool.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Yeah pssh, that IceX guy...not neamuch as good as his predecessor, IceIX.
    I think IceX may be my evil twin, so it's possible. Check for a goatee if you ever run into him. As for actual implementation, you don't want *me* coding it. Scripting? Sure. Bare code? You'll get something that works fine on its own, integrates horribly with anything else, and takes 5 times more lines of code to do than what anyone else can put forth. I treat code like it's Gorn Engineering.

Hahaha this made me Lol! My coding skills are the same!

Chill mech! IceIX hasn't done anything wrong!!
  • IceIX wrote:
    Nemek wrote:
    Yeah pssh, that IceX guy...not nearly as good as his predecessor, IceIX.
    I think IceX may be my evil twin, so it's possible. Check for a goatee if you ever run into him. As for actual implementation, you don't want *me* coding it. Scripting? Sure. Bare code? You'll get something that works fine on its own, integrates horribly with anything else, and takes 5 times more lines of code to do than what anyone else can put forth. I treat code like it's Gorn Engineering.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ice-nine

Just watch out how you treat IceIX, he is a planet killer after all.
  • I figured he was a big Dota 2 fan and wanted to pay homage to iceiceice. by doing it 3 times...making it ice9....three times...of three....Half Life 3 confirmed.
  • I figured he was a big Dota 2 fan and wanted to pay homage to iceiceice. by doing it 3 times...making it ice9....three times...of three....Half Life 3 confirmed.
    Hah nice.
  • @Zathrus and Misguided

Thanks, I've sent in an email. I hope that they will fix it.

But from what Dmendro said, I guess it's still a matter of luck. Here's to hoping.

@Everyone else

Okay, this game is good, that part I can say. But I've also been trolled by this game more times than I can count.

I'm not the only person raging about the scoring and the matchmaking system. The score penalizing system was plain screwed up, and matchmaking system insists on matching people against opponents way above their league, and refuse to match them to the hundreds of easier setups out there.

And the 13-cover system was just plain bad. No asking for confirmation if you want to train a skill, no undo button, no respec, nothing. Even using HP for skills. No confirmation, no cancel. One minor mistake, all your effort is down the drain. You either restart all over, or play with a **** toon. How many of you out there can claim that you have never made such a mistake with your build? How many people have requested for a respec function?

I have been trolled too many times by these critical design flaws. And what have the developers done about it? Nothing! A big fat nothing. I don't believe these problems are new, and I don't believe that they are unaware of it.

But what do they focus their efforts on? They tweak your Storm, your Moonstone, your Hawkeye, while completely leaving Ragnarok untouched. I mean, seriously? Oh, and they redecorated the cover purchases section.

After being trolled so many times, I find it hard to talk politely to them. All these flaws, they don't do anything about it.
  • mechgouki wrote:
    _fulu_ wrote:
    *facepalm*

This passive aggressive deconstructive criticism ever work anywhere?

-whatever mechgouki has been spewing-

I have suggestions on not being a major prick about a content patch that would very clearly take some time and effort to implement. But obviously you're content with being the 3 year old in the candy store crying and making management and the other customers annoyed. You can make a request/suggestion without being a total ****. I'm sure IceIX would love to address every issue, but please, I'm sure he'll be more inclined to pass along what you said if you insult him/d3 some more.
  • Ehm. How the heck have you pushed wrong buttons MULTIPLE times? Before sinking 1250HP in a skill, I really point my finger before pushing it down. This game is not trolling, you have done multiple mistakes. That's bad and perhaps I would be as enraged as you are. You need to seriously chill down. Not being able to use the UI properly (don't know which device you are playing on) is not the developers fault. I have not experienced major issues and I am playing on an iPhone4, which is one the smallest screens this game is supposed to run on.
    Chill. And watch your tone. Wait for the support to sort things out (which is not mandatory at all) and act like a grown-up.
  • Just my two bits, but you seem to take everything a little personally. The game isn't trolling you.

Raging isn't going to help get improvements made. Yes, there are things that could be better. Yes, they know about at least some of them. The fact that fixes aren't immediately implemented does not mean they don't care.

It is easy to look at a change to an ability and think "why do they waste time on this **** when they should be fixing _____." What you don't seem to appreciate is that the ability change has probably been in the works for weeks. They have tens of thousands of people playing, and while there have been hiccups, they have been fairly minor in the scheme of things. Bug testing takes time.

They are working on this stuff quietly behind the scenes. And while you keep demanding answers, they don't want to make promises on when fixes will happen because the moment they miss an announced date, there will be hell to pay.